• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SW - Star Wars

Today I have started what I'm tentatively calling "The 19-0 BBY Marathon". Basically, watching all of content set between ROTS and ANH in chronological order. To kick things off, I watched Revenge Of The Sith, Siege Of Mandalore, and episode 1 of Bad Batch. I didn't watch an edit, just manually switched between them.
From here I'll be watching:
-Bad Batch seasons 1&2 (circling back for season 3 once the whole thing is out)
-Solo
-Kenobi
-Andor & Rebels (as far as I can tell, season 1 of both shows take place around the same time)
-Rogue One

Now, I'll probably end up not watching every episode of Rebels, I haven't heard great things about it. I might cherry pick specific episodes that feature characters from other shows/movies. We'll see when I get there.

I don't have a good reason for making this a thing really, I just have a fascination with the idea of watching things in chronological order, and I thought it'd be a good way to catch up on some Star Wars content that I've missed. Might do the same thing down the line with everything set between ROTJ and TFA, but we'll see. Not sure how I'd want to tackle the chronology of BOBF's flashbacks...which just reminded me that Rogue One and Solo both feature timeskips, which means I get to be extra obnoxious by going Solo (opening) -> RO (opening) -> Kenobi (all of it) -> Solo (the rest).

Anyways, I'll probably lose interest before finishing this journey.

Now, I'll probably end up not watching every episode of Rebels, I haven't heard great things about it.
Lies and slander! It's the best of the animated series by far as far as I'm concerned. Other than having the weakest animation of the bunch, I really can't find much to fault it with. Even the weakest episodes do something to either advance the plot or develop the characters in some way. At its worst, it's still better than 25-33% of The Clone Wars, at its best it's some downright phenomenal Star Wars stuff. The Season 2 finale and last stretch of Season 4 in particular are up there for me.

Well, I'll watch Rebels season 1 at least, and figure out from there whether I'm interested in seeing more with these characters or not. I trust y'all, so I'll try to give Rebels a fair chance.

Now, I really hope nobody tells me that Resistance is worth watching through...

Well, I'll watch Rebels season 1 at least, and figure out from there whether I'm interested in seeing more

Trouble is, S1 is perfect. It's S2 where I gave up on the show.

Interesting. I guess it has been a while but I don't really remember a quality drop.

I admit I fell in love with it immediately and stuck all the way through. I found it very worth the watch to the end.

Today I have started what I'm tentatively calling "The 19-0 BBY Marathon". Basically, watching all of content set between ROTS and ANH in chronological order. To kick things off, I watched Revenge Of The Sith, Siege Of Mandalore, and episode 1 of Bad Batch. I didn't watch an edit, just manually switched between them.
From here I'll be watching:
-Bad Batch seasons 1&2 (circling back for season 3 once the whole thing is out)
-Solo
-Kenobi
-Andor & Rebels (as far as I can tell, season 1 of both shows take place around the same time)
-Rogue One

Now, I'll probably end up not watching every episode of Rebels, I haven't heard great things about it. I might cherry pick specific episodes that feature characters from other shows/movies. We'll see when I get there.

I don't have a good reason for making this a thing really, I just have a fascination with the idea of watching things in chronological order, and I thought it'd be a good way to catch up on some Star Wars content that I've missed. Might do the same thing down the line with everything set between ROTJ and TFA, but we'll see. Not sure how I'd want to tackle the chronology of BOBF's flashbacks...which just reminded me that Rogue One and Solo both feature timeskips, which means I get to be extra obnoxious by going Solo (opening) -> RO (opening) -> Kenobi (all of it) -> Solo (the rest).

Anyways, I'll probably lose interest before finishing this journey.
After Bad Batch episode 2, I decided to take a detour and watch the Clone Wars episode "The Deserter" to see what the deal was with Cut and Suu. While I'm at it, I might also watch the episodes featuring Saw Gerrara, since he had a cameo in BB and I know he'll be more important later. Maybe I should mention that I haven't watched much Clone Wars before this.

Jedit: Also decided to watch the Darth Maul episodes while I'm at it, probably should've done that before watching Seige Of Mandalore.

Last edited:
Some thoughts/additions:

Clone Wars is pretty much essential viewing for Bad Batch, and Rebels. There's a lot of bad / pointless episodes, but the good stuff outweighs them. I have a good guide I can post that has a reasonably chronological viewing order if that's of interest. I can even give my own advice on what to skip if you really want a leaner Clone Wars experience.

Bad Batch: Since the final season is coming out week to week now, maybe you are better off waiting to do the whole thing 'till it's about over?

Rebels: Surprised to hear TM2YC dropped it where he did - I think the first season was the weakest. It's entertaining, it establishes the characters, but they really go places after that. Again, I can't sing enough praise for the Season 2 finale, it is one of the best 40 minute stretches of Star Wars to me. And the second half of the series has one hell of a villain, but I don't want to go into spoiler territory. Regardless, it's also kind of essential for any of the live action shows - Ahsoka in particular is a direct "do your homework" sequel (I adore that).

Resistance: It actually is worth watching, and has even had some nods in recent live action shows in the form of some retroactive foreshadowing. That said - it is easily the weakest Star Wars show, animated or otherwise thus far. The animation is stylized, and the Neeku character has a special place in my heart. And while the low points are never as low as Clone Wars, the best episodes are only on par with the most average of the other animated shows. It never reaches greatness, nor particularly aspires to it. But it does give a little glimpse into the galaxy before and during the sequel trilogy, which is nice. It is also hamstrung by Kaz, the most pathetic Star Wars protagonist to date. His only strength is surrounding himself by more capable heroes than himself. For those who felt Rey was too good at any given task, this guy is the Force's way of providing an equal an opposite. To say nothing of his overall demeanor. He's like Fry from Futurama, but somehow less dignified. Again, I do recommend the show - but only after you've finished every other piece of canonical televised Star Wars. Set the bar low, and you'll have a decent time.

Clone Wars is pretty much essential viewing for Bad Batch, and Rebels. There's a lot of bad / pointless episodes, but the good stuff outweighs them. I have a good guide I can post that has a reasonably chronological viewing order if that's of interest. I can even give my own advice on what to skip if you really want a leaner Clone Wars experience.
I actually watched season 1 of Bad Batch when it came out, and I loved it dearly. I know the broad strokes of Clone Wars. I'm really not interested in watching through CW, even following a condensed guide, at least for now. Right now I'm more interested in watching specific episodes here and there when I want a bit more context. That being said, if you have a good condensed Clone Wars guide on hand, I wouldn't mind holding onto it for future reference if I change my mind.

Bad Batch: Since the final season is coming out week to week now, maybe you are better off waiting to do the whole thing 'till it's about over?
That'd make more sense, but I'm afraid I'll lose interest in this whole thing if I wait.

Resistance: It actually is worth watching, and has even had some nods in recent live action shows in the form of some retroactive foreshadowing. That said - it is easily the weakest Star Wars show, animated or otherwise thus far. The animation is stylized, and the Neeku character has a special place in my heart. And while the low points are never as low as Clone Wars, the best episodes are only on par with the most average of the other animated shows. It never reaches greatness, nor particularly aspires to it. But it does give a little glimpse into the galaxy before and during the sequel trilogy, which is nice. It is also hamstrung by Kaz, the most pathetic Star Wars protagonist to date. His only strength is surrounding himself by more capable heroes than himself. For those who felt Rey was too good at any given task, this guy is the Force's way of providing an equal an opposite. To say nothing of his overall demeanor. He's like Fry from Futurama, but somehow less dignified. Again, I do recommend the show - but only after you've finished every other piece of canonical televised Star Wars. Set the bar low, and you'll have a decent time.
I appreciate this input, I'm kinda curious to check it out now. If I do end up going through with a post-ROTJ marathon (read: if I don't lose interest by then), I'll be sure to give it a fair chance.

Gotta say, I'm really excited to check out Rebels now.

I'm reposting a guide originally from twitter. I can't link it, as that service now requires accounts to view anything and I'm not interested in that.

clone-wars-improved-arc-flow-final-1.jpg

clone-wars-improved-arc-flow-final-2.jpg

clone-wars-improved-arc-flow-final-3.jpg

Some opinions of mine on what's worth watching/skipping:

1. SKIP! The movie is so awful it turned me off from Star Wars animation for over a decade. Anakin has a padawan now. That's all you need to know.
2. Well worth watching and has some payoff down the line.
3. Nothing important, skip it.
4. Very important for the future but largely unremarkable episodes.
5. There's some recurring characters introduced but the episodes can be hair-pulling affairs. The Deserter, as you mentioned, is mandatory and not half bad.
6. Nothing to see here, skip.
7. Skip it.
8. Big villain introduction, watch it.
9. A must-watch for Kaiju fans and does have a payoff down the line. But ultimately not that important.
10. Has important character development, watch it.
11. Introduces a characer that will return, and also features a Taken homage starring Blue George Lucas. 99% skippable.
12. Really good ones. Features a musical motif that pays homage to a Morricone classic.
13. Some important Mando-centric stuff starts here, but anything to do with Ziro is frustrating for me. Has a bizarre nod in the Obi-Wan show and not what you might expect. Worth watching, but you need time and patience.
14. Absolute artful masterpiece. This was the moment where I went from merely tolerating the show to finally loving it. Required viewing.
15. Important down the line and solid if unexceptional episodes.
16. Some fun Jedi lore in here, and has some followups in the future.
17. High concentrations of Gungans can be hazardous to health and sanity. Unless you're a big fan of Master Fisto and Ackbar, skip it.
18. One of the absolute best. Dark, with some serious character work being done and some ruminations about war itself. Strong recommendation.
19. Mild importance, but if the Jedi's apathy to slavery in the prequels bugs you as much as it does me, this is basically the apology.
20. High quality, some good plot advancement.
21. Mandatory lore and plot progression, and some really great writing and voice acting that elevates a character I once regarded as "nothing" to "compelling"!
22. Mandatory character introduction and the start of an arc that spans multiple series and films!
23. The title alone should speak volumes. It's important, it's great, watch it.
24. The absolute best Clone Wars episodes, and the most essential for Ahsoka's development. If they had truly ended the series here, I would have considered it a perfect finale.
25. As important as it is compelling, another mandatory batch.
26. An unbearably boring subplot about how the banks work, with lots of Senate politicking about economic regulation thrown in. It features the absolute low point of Padme's characterization - and coming from me, that's saying a lot. Skip it! All of it!
27. An arc so artful, so masterful that it made me stop being bothered by midichlorians. Top notch, don't miss it!
"27.5" - you really don't need this, it's all summarized if you pay attention to dialogue later. Still a quality fan effort.
29 - watch this before 28, the author of this list got the order wrong. I know a lot of people hate this one, but it sets up the finale nicely. I say give it a chance
28. It's the backdoor pilot for Bad Batch. Watch it.
30. Grand finale, exceptionally well done, one of the best.

"Non Essential Filler" - Some of it actually wound up not being filler. There's a three parter in there about droids that has some consequences, but it's pretty awful and the important part is summarized. I wouldn't bother with any of these unless you absolutely want to check every box down the line.

Last edited:

Amazing. Surprised they didn't use Palpatine's "you... want this!" bit.

Now I'm trying to think of ways they could have kept this going for the other movies.

Phantom Menace: Jar Jar's hand stuck in the pod engine - that last can was really stuck in there!

Attack of the Clones: Jango hands his accomplice a can, rather than the container of worms.

Revenge of the Sith: When stowing away Padme's ship, Obi-Wan finds something to pass the time with.

The Force Awakens: Once again, inside the box containing Anakin's saber. Remove Rey's "I'm never going down there again!"

Rogue One: Tarkin toasts the Death Star's first trial with an immaculately rendered CGI can. Krennic: Oh, it's beautiful!

The Last Jedi: Rose's sister desperately tries to kick the side of the ship so the can will fall to her in her final moments. In keeping with the film's stylistic choices, the jingle is not played and the label is not visible.

Solo: Han grabs one during the Kessel Run. "I have a real good feeling about this!"

The Rise of Skywalker: The cockpit compartment of Lando's land vehicle no longer houses a muppet, but a dispenser. It inexplicably transforms into Colt 45 brand malt liquor once in his hand.

The Acolyte.

Quite intrigued. Not sure what's happening other than there's some "evil brewing". Maybe it's about Jedi coverup? Nonetheless, I'll be there
Carrie Anne Moss! Confirmed, Star Wars is just a variant of the Matrix. Now all we need is Keanu as Revan or some other Star Wars character.

Back
Top Bottom