• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Anime Series & Mini Series - Movie Recuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddark92

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello I do Movie Recuts of Anime Series, removing padding (even 1-2 seconds long shots), useless scenes, filler, stupidity etc..., once in a while creatinga new stories or making the anime sort of a "1st time" to the story that canonically concludes in the manga, as the anime had a different non-canon ending outright.

All genres except Mecha which I hate with a passion (only exception: G-Gundam because it is actually a fun romp and not a pretentious borefest)

This is the list of the anime that have been recut as of now:

ANIME SERIES MOVIE RECUTS (Alphabetic Order)

1. " Area 88 (2004) - Movie Recut" Action\Drama - 13 episodes recut in a Movie only focusing on the important bits around hte main character and most important supporting characters that help develop the main char (removed around 60% of it)
2. Black Lagoon - Season 1 Movie Recut Action - 55% of it removed, covers the "Yellow Sea" arc, lasts 1 hour and 12 minutes
3. Claymore - Movie Recut Action\Drama (80% of it removed, single arc,1 hour and 45 minutes)
3x. Cowboy Bebop - Movie Recut Action\Drama - Only what is necessary to develop the main characters (but leaving some stuff out to add to the mistery), removed some padding here, gave it a fitting alternate jazzy ending song whose title mirrors the words of a certain blonde lady
4. Darkstalkers OAV Miniseries- Action\Horror - No Filler Movie Cut (removed one hour and half of filler)
4x. Death Note - Drama\Horror - No padding, faster pacing, some stuff kept vague, no over explaining, no repetition
5. Desert Punk - Movie Recut Action\Adventure\Drama - (90% of it removed, single arc,1 hour and 30 minutes)
5x1. Devil May Cry - Movie Recut Action\Horror (interquel between DMC2 & DMC4, single arc onlt, tolerable kid character, main chars focused)
5x2. Devilman Lady - Movie Recut Horror\Action\Drama-over 60 of footage removed
6. Elfen Lied - Test Subject Duality Horror - (2 hours and half from around 5 hours)
7. G-Gundam - Action\Adventure\Cheese (3 hours and half, removed around 70% of it)
8 GTO - Messiah of Young Souls Introspective\Drama\Comedy - Movie Recut (over 90% cut, now 2 hours and 10 minutes)
9. Hellsing - The Undisclosed File (2001 Anime) Horror\Thriller (uses exclusive footage to create a brand new side-story to the manga)
10 "Final Fantasy - TLOC (No Idiocy Recut)" Adventure\Action - over 30 minutes between padding and sheer idiocy cut away
11. "Final Fantasy: Unlimited - Movie Recut" Adventure\Fantasy - over 65% between padding, reused animation and filler that was boring removed for a brand new experience, also added in description to the file a link to read the official follow up to the story of the anime (which covers half of the total)
12. "Golden Boy - Movie Recut" Comedy\Adventure\Sexy - removed around 40 minutes of disgusting behaviour from the main character, now much less of an heinous perv and more of a quirky Don Juan that is much more relatable
12x. "Megaman Battle Network - Movie Recut" - Action\Adventure - around 95% of footage removed, now a brand new story using S1 and S2 footage, focusing exclusively on the main plot arc and being a prequel to the Megaman Batlte Network 3\4\5\6 games
13. "Mezzo Forte DSA - Movie Recut" Action\Comedy\Thriller\Spiritual - Removed around 60% of the footage as it did nothing to the plot and characterization of the main lead as the other characters are not that important, streamlined to flow better while also cutting out stuff that just lead to confusion or puzzlement
14.. "ReLife - Movie Recut" Slice Of Lice - 13 episodes cut in a Movie that only focuses on the main character leaving anything pointless to the central plot outside with a different, better thematic ending
15. Samurai 7 - Movie Recut Action\Adventure\Epic\Mecha (around 70% of it removed, now 4 hours and half)
16. Samurai Champloo - Movie Recut Action\Adventure\Drama (over 80% removed, now 1 hour and 45 mintues, there is a small mistake at the end)
17. Street Fighter II Victory - Movie Recut (2 movies) Action\Adventure (both last around 4 hour and half together from around 12 hours)
18. The Secret Of Blue Water - Movie Recut Adventure\Drama\Comedy (65% of it removed, covers up to episode 22\39, ambigous\hopeful ending, 2 hours and 15 minutes)
19. Trigun - Phantom Brother Movie Recut Action\Adventure\Drama - (85% removed, now lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes)
20. Yu-GI-Oh Season 0 - Movie Recut Adventure\Thriller (90% of it removed, single arc,1 hour and 45 minutes)

Side Works (WIP)

Hellsing Ultimate - Pantomime Recut With 2001 TV Anime Ost
- No dialogue at all, the story is conveyedthrough actions and glances and the soundtrack is replaced by the much superior one from the 2001 TV Anime

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE - Added "Mezzo Forte DSA - Movie Recut" (13 episodes originally)

Fixes, mixes and TV is reserved for approved edits by users with faneditor status. Thread moved to general.

Sounds nice!
I've long imagined a proper Macross II - Lovers Again HD movie recut using the OVA BD.
How does that sound?

I'm curious, is there any chance of you doing something with Final Fantasy Unlimited? I don't know much about it, but you editing TLOTC made me think about it. I just know that I tried watching it once but couldn't get into it. Now that I'm getting into the Final Fantasy series more, I'm more curious about the series, but I don't necessarily see myself willing to watch the whole thing. No idea if it'd be a good candidate for an edit, but I just thought I'd mention it.

In general I really love what you're doing here, we need more anime edits. I haven't checked out any of yours yet, but I definitely intend to.

I'm curious, is there any chance of you doing something with Final Fantasy Unlimited? I don't know much about it, but you editing TLOTC made me think about it. I just know that I tried watching it once but couldn't get into it. Now that I'm getting into the Final Fantasy series more, I'm more curious about the series, but I don't necessarily see myself willing to watch the whole thing. No idea if it'd be a good candidate for an edit, but I just thought I'd mention it.

In general I really love what you're doing here, we need more anime edits. I haven't checked out any of yours yet, but I definitely intend to.
Thanks for having me reminded of Final Fantasy Unlimited, I will work on that one now, it had potential but the pacing was very slow with lot of pointless episodes

UPDATE: Under suggestion, added "Final Fantasy: UNlimited - Movie Recut" which improves the pacing and removes some pointless stupdity

UPDATE: Now available "G-Gundam: Movie Recut", whcih cuts a lot of useless filler battles, padding, pointless talking, pointless tertiary characters with their pointless character development and connects the second half of the movie with a short explanation (due to time skip) to keep it coherent

Last edited:
Update: Added "Devilman Lady", which by itself is already a different story than the manga, now streamlined with just the necessary to create a cohesive narrative in Movie Recut format (over 60% of the footage was cut away and nothing got lost)

Next one will be: Cowboy Bebop

Last edited:
UPDATE - Added "Cowboy Bebop - Movie Recut"

It is a version for those that just want the main story (with some build up) and the development of the main chars (leaving some mistery however, so you are incentivized to watch the full series to discover more) without the other episodes which are more about the lore of the world and how the characters interact with it,; main anime series, aside of minor padding here and there, still a masterpiece

If you have anything you would like me to do a movie recut of suggest (better if you know already which are the main plot episodes to work on without the filler ones)

In case you don't have anything to suggest:

Now Working On: Devil May Cry (Anime Series) - Movie Recut

UPDATE - Added "Devil May Cry The Animated Series - Movie Recut", an interquel set between DMC2 (shit) and DMC 4 (kickass)

UPDATE - Added a requested Movie Recut, "Megaman Battle Network", removing a lot of stupidity and juvanile overtalking while also creating a brand new plot that ends up setting the sequels (the BN 3\4\5\6 games).

It is a much more childish product regardless of the removed idiocy compared to what I usually do but it was a request so I challenged myself to try something different.

Next one that will be released is going to be: Death Note - Movie Recut

UPDATE - Added "Death Note - Movie Recut: Netflix Watch And Learn Edition" (Movie Recut of the OG Anime)

Changes: faster pacing, no padding, no overtalking, better more satisfying dark ending

Next Movie Recut, now WIP: Wolf's Rain (with proper Ending that was post poned in an OAV)

Okay, I have to step in. How are you turning out these edits so fast, because you're posting new edits practically daily. No one can turnaround an edit that quickly, and I'm seriously wondering what kind of quality your edits are. Can you please share your work process?

Okay, I have to step in. How are you turning out these edits so fast, because you're posting new edits practically daily. No one can turnaround an edit that quickly, and I'm seriously wondering what kind of quality your edits are. Can you please share your work process?
I archive the original footage way before and then work on multiple projects at once, when they are at a state when I think they are almost ready I announce their publication.

As I watched most of these and have vivix memory of them, I know already what to cut or rearrange.

In case I did not, I watch the subbed episode ay x3 speed, write down what to cut or rearrange, then work on them - Virtualdub + Openshot combp, audacity when audio for some scenes requires fading or reverb.

I remove padding, idiocy, cringe, overexplanation, useless filler arcs/scenes, sometimes I rearrange so that it ends or goes through differ3ntly if it is based on a manga but has a different story after a ceryain point because it overtook on the manga.

There are cases ehere out of 26 episodes, 15 are cut amd nothing of imporyance get lost.

Files are saved as x265 video files, usually at 480p (CPU would suffer too much for rendering them longer at higher resolution, 98 degrree celsious not healthy)

Need more info?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom