• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

You know you're a fan editor when . . .

You know you're a faneditor when you're wholesale buying DVDs with the explicit intention of editing them.

When you make outrageous statements like, "I can use a bit of Moonraker to connect John Wick 2 to Terminator 2" and have a coherent thought corresponding to it.  Or maybe that's just me.

matrixgrindhouse said:
When you make outrageous statements like, "I can use a bit of Moonraker to connect John Wick 2 to Terminator 2" and have a coherent thought corresponding to it.  Or maybe that's just me.

During an Apes discussion at work I caught myself telling my coworker it would be easy to fix the ending of Tim Burton's planet of the Apes movie. 

You just swap the close-up of the clocks in Markie Mark's ship so he's going back in time to the distant past in the beginning, and forward in time to the present day in the end. That small detail means it was Earth all along and they changed evolution by going through the storm and there is no home to return to, and ape society developed parallel to what would have been created by humans anyway, etc. 

By the middle of explaining the idea I saw his face and realized the initial suggestion of fixing a movie perplexed him so much he couldn't get past it. Even just by swapping two shots. "But that's not what the movie was. It was a different planet. They said so in an interview and on the insert that came with the dvd." Sorry to bring it up.

I remember that insert.  If your movie has to explain something on a piece of paper provided with a home video release, your movie has probably failed.

TVs Frink said:
I remember that insert.  If your movie has to explain something on a piece of paper provided with a home video release, your movie has probably failed.

You guys weren't kidding! 

615317_v2.jpg

What?  What?!

Yeah, I like my explanation better than the official, even without a fan fix. My headcanon is currently "The clock is wrong, a misdirect. It wouldn't know what year it is anyway".

Also.  "Is it possible..." - do they themselves not know? 

Reminds me a bit of Space Godzilla.  In that movie, they provide two different plausible explanations for his origin, but aren't sure which is actually true.

You know you're a faneditor when the phrase, "Remastered in HD using a composite of the original 35mm negative, original SD release and Digi-Beta videotape master." makes you more interested in the Blu-Ray rather than less.

You know you're a fan editor when you can't watch a new tv show without noting where the credits are positioned on the screen.

DSM2337 said:
You know you're a fan editor when you can't watch a new tv show without noting where the credits are positioned on the screen.

I was doing this with Hannibal while watching it. I can't stop myself from seeing it as a series of films.

You know you're a faneditor when you share posts on social media about ESB:R after waiting 9 years for it to be released and no one has a clue why or what you are excited about.

. . . when you think of pruning plants as fanediting them.

When you really want to go to the cinema to see a bad movie that you never had any interest in to begin with (even if it had been good)... just to see what could be done with a fanedit (See post).

You know you're hitting that wall of tough audio edits when:
- you ask friends abroad to check their version of a movie in the hope that some language release has a clean center channel.
- you check the commentary track in the hope they removed the original dialog from it, creating precious moments of clean audio.

You know you've moved beyond the first stage of fanediting when:
- you edit a movie, you enjoy it with your family and nobody notices any cuts, yet you keep working on the transitions because it's not yet FE quality.

You buy CHiPs (2017) because you were a fan of the original series, and you want this disjointed movie to be salvageable (I'm not convinced yet).

SonofSinbad said:
When you'd rather edit than go abroad

Oh! Wail, gnash of teeth, and lament! How the youth has fallen.
Sinbad is the famous sailor of the Seven Seas. Yet his son would rather stay home and edit.
Oh, the horror! :D

When you're the only person you know that spotted a dodgy line in a recent movie

When your movie collection has grown to twice it's size since joining the FE forums.

The Scribbling Man said:
When your movie collection has grown to twice it's size since joining the FE forums.
I don't think my dads can get anybigger

GregTee said:
When you're the only person you know that spotted a dodgy line in a recent movie

Even with a melted 'intelligence clip'.

Back
Top Bottom