• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

X-Men '97

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

giauv8bakaaqko-1-1709754284184.jpg

Review Of Episodes 1 and 2

It certainly 'felt' like the old show. They're doing their best to base it in 1997, what with tape decks appearing constantly.

RIP Blackbird. Hopefully the jet gets rebuilt...and I had to double check since I looked briefly away that it was MORPH that turned into Archangel...in fact, Morph's transformations are still as silly as they were in the 90s show, I mean where DID those Katana blades come from when he became Psylocke?l

I know Rogue and Eric's relationship was a big steamy part of the X-Books in the past, so I'm totally looking forward to the triangle to come, especially since Gambit is aware of what's going on privately between them. I love the little buddy moments between Logan and Morph too, like having a little ruff in tumble in the park with Morph as Sabretooth, or Morph still trolling Logan in the club posing as Jean (only it's much healthier now than the last time he did it).

Ororo is depowered...I thought the way it was written, performed and directed was very rich in emotion, but she needed only say "the breeze, I can't feel it on my face" or whatever and not go on and on about what she had lost. Her farewell speech went on a bit too long and was too melodramatic also...

Words like "pissed, "killed" and "crap" defo tries to give us a feeling this ain't quite your grandaddy's 90s cartoon, but I'll allow it.

Last edited:
Wow! The X-Man are back!

Thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes. The joy of this series is it adapts some of the greatest and most important X-Men stories but at the same time, thanks to hindsight, avoid the pitfalls or mistakes also made in the past.

Based on the cliffhanger ending, are we going into INFERNO territory with the Goblin Queen?

“To Me, My X-Men” had one of the best, coolest, most badass character establishment moments for Cylclops ever. It highlights everything I loved about the character.

So I truly hope, if they go the Inferno route, the series does not adapt Scott’s douche bag, deadbeat Dad arc.

“To Me, My X-Men” had one of the best, coolest, most badass character establishment moments for Cylclops ever. It highlights everything I loved about the character.

So I truly hope, if they go the Inferno route, the series does not adapt Scott’s douche bag, deadbeat Dad arc.

I believe that someone at Marvel (Feige?) said years ago that it was a priority for Disney's Cyclops to be portrayed as "A hero, not a punching bag" as he had been in other media (especially the Fox movies).

I need to do a full rewatch of the original before I delve into this, I haven't seen it since childhood. I think it's just plain awesome that they're taking the "it's only been one year, here's the next season" approach. That the absolute coolest way to do any sort of revival.

The cartoon might flip the script with Scott actually married to the real Jean, and the woman at the door (Madylyne Pryor) is the escaped clone created by Mr. Sinister? Thus, avoiding some of the icky elements of the original story?

The cartoon might flip the script with Scott actually married to the real Jean, and the woman at the door (Madylyne Pryor) is the escaped clone created by Mr. Sinister? Thus, avoiding some of the icky elements of the original story?
Yeah, I also wonder if Wolverine plays the 'Havoc' role and takes the side of the Jean affected the most by this?

A Spider-Man '98 series would be cool, but I'm less intersted in seeing Fantastic Four, Iron Man, or The Incredible Hulk continuing. A continuation of Silver Surfer or Spider-Man Unlimited would be cool too, but I doubt we'll see either of those.

A Spider-Man '98 series would be cool, but I'm less intersted in seeing Fantastic Four, Iron Man, or The Incredible Hulk continuing. A continuation of Silver Surfer or Spider-Man Unlimited would be cool too, but I doubt we'll see either of those.
Yeah, FF, Iron Man and Hulk actually all did get decent closure, Silver Surfer ended on a bigger cliffhanger than Infinity War. It's version of Thanos blew up the universe!

Watched episode three….
Too condensed and rushed for my tastes, wish this one had been a two parter.
And even though they made some narrative changes, Scott still unfortunately comes across as a bit of a douche—-says he does not want abandon his son but then removes himself from the decision making process…uhg!

But it wouldn’t be the X-Men if it wasn’t overly convoluted and soapy lol

Yeah, I really disliked the ending to this. Scott was too much of a fence-sitter and the new Jean didn't really do much in the episode to 'earn' taking Madelyne's spot at the end. Why didn't SHE leave? I guess Madelyne figured because Scott refused to side with her on taking Nathan to the future, she believed she couldn't build a new future with him because he couldn't look her in the eye after that.

Episode 5 has redeemed this show for me...can we get Madeline back as the actual Jean?

And dang, ACE OF BASE!

Back
Top Bottom