• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Which ffmpeg crf setting do you use?

mikeyla85

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tend to use 25, not sure if that's high or low for fan edits.

What program? NLE setting? Source? We need context.

Thanks for your response! Using command-line ffmpeg.

Is this to set up your source files or to convert your rendered edits?

I was just reading stuff about CRF last week. I don't think I can paste a url in here yet, but quick search on google will get you where I ended I'm sure. In short, when talking about x264 and x265, CRF of 0 would be 'lossless' CRF of 51 would be the worst. the consensus seems to have you over between 18 and 28. I think only a trained eye could notice any difference with anything lower than 18 but again, that's based on reading the web only...
DigModification asks a good question though. it would be better to work with the best quality file as a source. then adjusting your final exports or whathaveyous...

Back
Top Bottom