• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Revenant - The Spence Edit

Spence, that cover artwork is beyond awesome! Did you come up with that? Love how the vista stretches into the distance with the sun being the eye, the shadow play and the branches standing in for drool/ ripped sinews from the bear's mouth. Not to mention Glass and the superimposed theme of him being in the belly but in his hunting/ survival stance, really nice work. I need a bigger res version. 

P.S. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the movie yet; want to include another person and NBA playoff schedule as well but I can't wait.

escapeartist said:
Spence, that cover artwork is beyond awesome! Did you come up with that? Love how the vista stretches into the distance with the sun being the eye, the shadow play and the branches standing in for drool/ ripped sinews from the bear's mouth. Not to mention Glass and the superimposed theme of him being in the belly but in his hunting/ survival stance, really nice work. I need a bigger res version. 

P.S. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the movie yet; want to include another person and NBA playoff schedule as well but I can't wait.

Nope, literally just found it on the net.

spence said:
escapeartist said:

Lol! Well then, I'm done here. Peace out everyone.

escapeartist said:
spence said:
escapeartist said:

Lol! Well then, I'm done here. Peace out everyone.

Good to know someone shares my taste in poster art!

jswert123456 said:
here is a cover i made.
I dont have all the edit details for the back yet.
Just a rough idea.
the fire and some of the sparks on back were newly added,
possible_cover.jpg

Sorry dude, your post kinda got lost I n all the film critic hulk stuff, but this is a great cover. I only made a poster for it so if you want a cover this is better than anything I could put together.

Please remember if you've watched the edit to leave a review! Feedback is very important to faneditors, it's the only way we can improve. If you can afford a minute to share your thoughts, please do!

For those of you asking me for this edit (and there are many, many, many of you judging from my unread PM's) It's been submitted to .info

spence said:
For those of you asking me for this edit (and there are many, many, many of you judging from my unread PM's) It's been submitted to .info

I can't find it on .info :(

douchebag said:
spence said:

I can't find it on .info :(

That's because you aren't being patient.  Info gets updated periodically.  You can sort by the date column to see what was added last.

And that's enough about info.

Rebue posted on InterwebzFrozenComeuppanceBase:

For ages I've been looking forward to watching Return of the Jedi: The Spence Edit, and this did not disappoint! Inexplicably, though, the entire story takes place on Hoth, and the cinematography seems oddly more fluid than I recall.

Also, this edit was billed as Ewokless, but far as I can tell, everybody looks like a grizzled Ewok, just larger.

Loved the rancor scene.

My only nitpicks would be an "it's" misuse in the burnt-in subtitles and that in a few spots, the audio crackled.

But honestly, I tremendously enjoyed this refreshing take on an old favorite. The Jedi truly returns in badassed muthafucka form.

I gasped when Luke fell off his speeder. Holy moly.

@"ssj" you've done goofed.  Either that or I've missed a joke related to a movie I've never seen.

the latter, brother frink.

Back
Top Bottom