• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Reviews matter for more than just grades

JasonFlippy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems to get posted all the time that people want more reviews for Quality Control or focused feedback, but I just got a great review on one of my edits and I almost cried reading it. It was just so nice. They showed their family my edit and they were talking about how the movie is even better than they remembered and, I don't know, maybe it's the stress of my life recently or the fact that I've had zero downtime to enjoy editing like I used to but it really touched me.

I just want to say that in all our conversations about reviews and grading systems and whatnot that I don't remember seeing anywhere how important it can be on a personal level. It just made me really happy imagining people enjoying something I created, so thank you to everyone who leaves reviews and I would encourage others to leave as many reviews as you can! You never know how much it will make someone's day better to read it!

Has this happened to anyone else? I'd love to hear some great stories about reviews that meant something special to you :)

JF

I don't have a specific review story, but I have definitely gotten positive feedback on projects at times when I really needed the pick-me-up. We spend so long and use so much of our lives trying to create media for others to enjoy. Receiving some of that love back can be intensely gratifying.

I do feel bad that I have a habit of collecting edits without ever finding the time to watch them, but those I do get around to I try to follow up with.

It seems to get posted all the time that people want more reviews for Quality Control or focused feedback, but I just got a great review on one of my edits and I almost cried reading it. It was just so nice. They showed their family my edit and they were talking about how the movie is even better than they remembered and, I don't know, maybe it's the stress of my life recently or the fact that I've had zero downtime to enjoy editing like I used to but it really touched me.

I just want to say that in all our conversations about reviews and grading systems and whatnot that I don't remember seeing anywhere how important it can be on a personal level. It just made me really happy imagining people enjoying something I created, so thank you to everyone who leaves reviews and I would encourage others to leave as many reviews as you can! You never know how much it will make someone's day better to read it!

Has this happened to anyone else? I'd love to hear some great stories about reviews that meant something special to you :)

JF
Same! Just happened to me yesterday as I was scrolling through annoying work emails and saw that I had received a review and it just uplifted my entire week.

Really took me by surprise as I wasn’t expecting to see one yesterday and it really made me feel good. Glad you had a similar experience!!

Just knowing someone took the time to review is a lift for me, and always appreciated. But I also want them to be honest. If there's an issue, I should know. Thank you to everyone that takes the time to review though, I truly appreciate it. Knowing people enjoy my edits fuels and encourages me, even when it's critical feedback. At the very least it let's me know that people are watching the dang things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom