• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, does anyone want to? Or do they already? I am watching this YouTuber, who I like, and he is inspiring me to also get into making an indie game with this video, something I've wanted to do. I think now more than ever before, it is easier to learn and make an actual game of substantial depth with minimal developers.

I am going to screw around with a lot of tutorials at some point. Instead of edit, for a time I'll "code". At some point. Maybe. Would love to colab or just talk about developing games with you all.

Last edited:
I have an idea for a 2D Crash Bandicoot fighting fan game (similar to Mugen), but I'm terrible at coding and I don't anybody who has experience with 2D fighting games.

It’s on my roadmap for the next couple of years. I’ve worked in the video games industry and picked up a lot of knowledge during that time. I’ll be doing 2D games (a shooter and a platformer in that order). The amount of effort for a decent 3D game is insane compared to 2D game which is still intensive effort wise.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with @INIGHTMARES

I've made and released two games, to fairly small financial return. Most important thing with solo game development is to start small, because it can be very easy to burn out when unforeseen issues crop up. Game development is hugely complicated and you need a very wide and deep skillset to produce a viable product. Video editing is very simple and straight forward in comparison.
Making games is awesome though. I absolutely love the moment when you can press a button and things happen.

Ya there are a lot of moments of frustration even in the video I posted. He runs into a lot of issues that I know are very disheartening and I'll run into plenty of issues too. But like video editing, just gotta take it one step, and one day, at a time.

For those that made little games post links or videos! Would love to check them out.

Okay, I'm happy to oblige.

My first game was Super Minesweeper attACK.
I wanted a standalone version of minesweeper that I didn't have to use microsoft store with, and was guaranteed that every puzzle could be solved with pure logic. The bulk of my work was designing an algorithm that would solve each generated puzzle using logic before presenting it to the user. If it couldn't be solved, it would regenerate it and try again.

My second game was Acid Flip.
I wanted to make a parody of the many asset flips that were appearing on steam all made from the same asset pack called Unit-Z. It was a survival FPS featuring zombies. it was very basic and blocky like minecraft. I wanted to take the word flip and make it literal, crafting a gameplay loop that involved flipping gravity and throwing things into the air. The challenge would involve not flipping yourself too high and so the world includes safe spots that you could use to 'catch' yourself but not the enemies. The narrative concerned people using game assets so much that it manifested in the real world due to some pseudo science. I worked on adding more detail into the game assets and creating several interesting levels but even this was too much and unfortunately it remains unfinished. The main pitfall was that I bit off more than I could chew and struggled to design the last 2 levels.

My stress also reached a point after that, where it was hard to do any work in those complex systems. I've struggled to apply myself to complex things since then.

I do have a third project (zelda style game) that I decided to work on from scratch to be sure I knew exactly how everything works. As I said though, it's a struggle these days.

Last edited:

I wanted a standalone version of minesweeper that I didn't have to use microsoft store with, and was guaranteed that every puzzle could be solved with pure logic. The bulk of my work was designing an algorithm that would solve each generated puzzle using logic before presenting it to the user. If it couldn't be solved, it would regenerate it and try again.

My second game was Acid Flip.
I wanted to make a parody of the many asset flips that were appearing on steam all made from the same asset pack called Unit-Z. It was a survival FPS featuring zombies. it was very basic and blocky like minecraft. I wanted to take the word flip and make it literal, crafting a gameplay loop that involved flipping gravity and throwing things into the air. The challenge would involve not flipping yourself too high and so the world includes safe spots that you could use to 'catch' yourself but not the enemies. The narrative concerned people using game assets so much that it manifested in the real world due to some pseudo science. I worked on adding more detail into the game assets and creating several interesting levels but even this was too much and unfortunately it remains unfinished. The main pitfall was that I bit off more than I could chew and struggled to design the last 2 levels.

My stress also reached a point after that, where it was hard to do any work in those complex systems. I've struggled to apply myself to complex things since then.

I do have a third project (zelda style game) that I decided to work on from scratch to be sure I knew exactly how everything works. As I said though, it's a struggle these days.

whaaa, that's so cool?!? I wouldn't even know where to start on making a VIDEO GAME. The talent here is just so immense.

I don't consider myself a gamer these days, but I spent so much time back in the day playing the likes of Kingdom Hearts and Shadow of the Colossus and Battlefield 1942. I always wanted see someone tackle a Shadow of the Colossus movie- a moody, low-key movie that's different than anyone's ever seen. And on an opposite note, a Zelda movie, which I think IS happening, apparently. The folks at Nintendo and Wes Ball are doing it.

Anyway, it's just so amazing seeing this stuff here.

To make a video game, you need to have programming skills, understand and be able to design, and also to know how to use various tools, including game engines. Moreover, if you want to sell your game you will also need to promote it, therefore, marketing skills are needed.Building a great video game requires solid experience in several areas of computer science. In addition to technical proficiency, you'll need an eye for design. Your ability to create a visually striking and technologically advanced game with realistic animation will set it apart in a competitive market. PC games are usually more expensive than mobile games but less expensive than console games to produce. The average development cost for a PC game is $20k to $5 million, depending on how large and complex the game is and how long it takes to make it.
Is this AI an generated comment?

Is this AI an generated comment?
To make a video game, you need to have programming skills, understand and be able to design, and also to know how to use various tools, including game engines. Moreover, if you want to sell your game you will also need to promote it, therefore, marketing skills are needed.Building a great video game requires solid experience in several areas of computer science. In addition to technical proficiency, you'll need an eye for design. Your ability to create a visually striking and technologically advanced game with realistic animation will set it apart in a competitive market. PC games are usually more expensive than mobile games but less expensive than console games to produce. The average development cost for a PC game is $20k to $5 million, depending on how large and complex the game is and how long it takes to make it.
I think it is too.

Last edited:

I bought this because it was 0.99$USD 🙏:cool:

Best thing to do is click the link at the bottom of the post that says "report" if you think you see a bot. I checked the account bio page or whatever it's called and in this case it's def a spam bot. Commercial link and everything. I guess these new ones use chat gpt to attempt to be on topic.

Back
Top Bottom