• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Is There A Free Way To Rip Bluerays?

GUYS HELP I AM SO LOST, please this is way to complex: I have the MKV file, I am on mac 10.13.6, what do I do from here, avidedux is too new, I can make it a ts file or use ffmpeg but don't know how to do that easily. I am almost thinking find a mkv to mp4 converter online? I don't know please help, i'm not stupid i'm just new to this and about ready to give up. Please whats the easiest way to do this without quality drop? (Could I just do handbrake?) How bad is quality drop?

So how do I easily get audio? You need to break it down easier for me? I just need film and audio then combine them together and then I can start cutting scenes together. So how should I do that?
The audio is encoded as 6-8 separate wav files which I listed as front_left.wav, lfe.wav, etc. They'll go to whichever directory you specify, either in the folder you open the command prompt in to code it, or if you specify it as something like "D:\Fan-Edits\Hobbit\MP4+WAV\Audio Files\front_left.wav" (make sure to put the whole thing around quotes, otherwise the program gets confused by spaces).

I use Davinci Resolve so I don't know how this would work in other editors, but you'll generally make 6-8 mono channels under the video and put each audio channel in their respective place (using the order that I showed in the codes) and then you'll want to get them in the appropriate sound-place-thingies by either panning the audio in each channel or by linking them together as a 5.1 or 7.1 linked group.

Here's a good video on it:

GUYS HELP I AM SO LOST, please this is way to complex: I have the MKV file, I am on mac 10.13.6, what do I do from here, avidedux is too new, I can make it a ts file or use ffmpeg but don't know how to do that easily. I am almost thinking find a mkv to mp4 converter online? I don't know please help, i'm not stupid i'm just new to this and about ready to give up. Please whats the easiest way to do this without quality drop? (Could I just do handbrake?) How bad is quality drop?
Try to follow Dig's numbered outline and use Google to fill in the knowledge gaps. There is a Mac version of his suggested program, for example. Forget my workflow and do what he said. You'll get the mp4 you want with audio.

If you don't want quality drop you need to use avidemux. It won't change the video at all. You will need to adjust the audio to aac or ac3 depending on which one filmora is compatible with. Like Addison said, you'll need to use Google to fill in the gaps, but if you follow the numbered flow you'll get the file you're looking for.

Here's your straightforward flow.
MakeMKV > avidemux > MP4
Three programs. MakeMKV to get the movie, avidemux to switch the container to MP4 and audio to ac3 or aac (ac3 can just copy the audio as it should already be in that format unless you chose the dts file).

I should clarify that I also use MakeMKV before I switch containers with ffmpeg

What are the settings I click for Avidmux? Please list specific buttons and such to click. :D Also gonna try a DVD with it for fun. :)

Hey so I have Avidemux V2.7.1 its the version that works on Mac 10.13.6, what settings do I click? It wants a video encoder type I can't select copy it gives an error that it needs a specific. So can someone help me out? My Matrix Ressurections DVD rip was horrible, I'm gonna do Marley & Me MKV but need to know what to click. ;/ Please help, thank you. @DigModiFicaTion

So how do I easily get audio? You need to break it down easier for me? I just need film and audio then combine them together and then I can start cutting scenes together. So how should I do that?
If you have an MKV, you can ReWrap it in Shutter without losing any quality. Keep all the same settings

Hey so I have Avidemux V2.7.1 its the version that works on Mac 10.13.6, what settings do I click? It wants a video encoder type I can't select copy it gives an error that it needs a specific. So can someone help me out? My Matrix Ressurections DVD rip was horrible, I'm gonna do Marley & Me MKV but need to know what to click. ;/ Please help, thank you. @DigModiFicaTion
Can you share screen shots of the errors?

The audio is encoded as 6-8 separate wav files which I listed as front_left.wav, lfe.wav, etc. They'll go to whichever directory you specify, either in the folder you open the command prompt in to code it, or if you specify it as something like "D:\Fan-Edits\Hobbit\MP4+WAV\Audio Files\front_left.wav" (make sure to put the whole thing around quotes, otherwise the program gets confused by spaces).

I use Davinci Resolve so I don't know how this would work in other editors, but you'll generally make 6-8 mono channels under the video and put each audio channel in their respective place (using the order that I showed in the codes) and then you'll want to get them in the appropriate sound-place-thingies by either panning the audio in each channel or by linking them together as a 5.1 or 7.1 linked group.

Here's a good video on it:
Whoa that's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom