• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Grand Theft Auto VI

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points

The graphics look impressive enough. I was hoping to see more gameplay. They seem to be tripling down on the internet/social media/TV elements they've had since IV, which is well and good. Disappointed Vice City is going to be modernized, it just won't feel entirely right if it isn't the 1980s. All the same - after over a decade, I'd be surprised if this turned out bad. Tentatively optimistic.

I'm definitely feeling underwhelmed by that trailer. A lot of Vice City's charm comes from the neon-lit cocaine haze of the '80s.

That trailer just feels like a GTA5 Florida mod.

I actually kinda love how trashy this feels, it's super different from the 80s Vice City vibe for sure, but it's definitely Florida at its seediest and kookiest. It's genuinely a perfect setting to synthesize all of the Americana themes Rockstar's been laying on since IV. Motel Bonnie and Clyde also feel far less tired than the usual mob enforcer / gangbanger, and even more on point to the city satire than V's professional thieves archetype.

I actually kinda love how trashy this feels, it's super different from the 80s Vice City vibe for sure, but it's definitely Florida at its seediest and kookiest. It's genuinely a perfect setting to synthesize all of the Americana themes Rockstar's been laying on since IV. Motel Bonnie and Clyde also feel far less tired than the usual mob enforcer / gangbanger, and even more on point to the city satire than V's professional thieves archetype.
Yup, really strong "Florida Man" vibes, which I think will be effective and set it apart from Vice City an a positive way. Cautiously optimistic.

Noticing a wide variation in body types which is cool. also, far more people crowded round the streets and seemingly taking part in different activities. Of course, we don't know if that is representative of the actual game itself. I expect it probably is, it seems like the kind of thing they might focus on.

I am really excited to see it. I have been waiting for about 8 years for this. Lets just hope, that Rockstar will top themselves once again. They released a masterpiece after a masterpiece (except the remasters), so I am not worried.

Last edited:
Rockstar is missing out on loads of easy money not releasing it on PC but I’m sure they will eventually. I hope they don’t require the online mode to be subscription based. The future of multiplayer gaming overall is looking grim

Just saw a video on facebook that there was supposed to be snow in GTA 4. It was nice in 5 but now I’m mad lol

Other than Red Dead Redemption 1, I think all of Rockstar's games made it to PC eventually. Usually something like 6-18 months after the console release. I'd be astonished if this one did not make the jump.

They've been making money hand over fist with 5's online mode via those shark cards - I expect that model to persist for the new one. I'm not really interested in multiplayer, myself.

Snow: GTA4 was an ambitious game when it came to detail, but it had enough trouble running the city without that kind of dynamic weather. Still, a GTA with actual seasonal progression would be incredible.

It'd actually be on point for their brand of humor to have a dedicated snowy winter show up in their fictionalized Florida - work in some climate change jokes to justify it.

Back
Top Bottom