• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

First Time Fanedit Submissions

Cero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've not had any luck finding any other forum posts about this (apparently the key words are too broad for the search engine) and I'm not sure where's the best place to post this so I thought I'd just drop it in general.

I've been thinking recently about First Time Fanedit Submissions because I don't really understand how they work, even after having gone through one and had it approved. The wording on the page seems a bit vague to me, and it doesn't really explain a few key details, like what actually happens to the submission once it's approved. In my case and a few other cases I've heard of, nothing further was heard of it (except apparently in some cases where it's been chased up, which isn't something I've done for various reasons).

I don't mean to make a nuisance of myself and I'm not that fussed what's happened to my submission, but can anyone please explain to me how it's all supposed to work? Is this standard procedure or is there something going wrong in the process? Just asking for information's sake.

Also in the rules and guidelines link at the top of every forum page.

I've read through all of that twice over. I wouldn't have posted the thread if I'd actually found what I was looking for. Maybe I'm being obtuse, but none of those pages really addressed what I'm asking about in my opinion.

.Ive been thinking recently about First Time Fanedit Submissions because I don't really understand how they work, even after having gone through one and had it approved. The wording on the page seems a bit vague to me, and it doesn't really explain a few key details, like what actually happens to the submission once it's approved. In my case and a few other cases I've heard of, nothing further was heard of it (except apparently in some cases where it's been chased up, which isn't something I've done for various reasons).
I'm not really understanding what you're asking. Are you referring to the first time faneditor submission form that is sent to the academy or the IFDb listing form?
I don't mean to make a nuisance of myself and I'm not that fussed what's happened to my submission, but can anyone please explain to me how it's all supposed to work? Is this standard procedure or is there something going wrong in the process? Just asking for information's sake.
Again, I'm not understanding what is being asked.

This may be helpful?

Back
Top Bottom