• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Because You Were Home (A fanedit of The Strangers)

JasonN said:
Wow, you sure got this one out quickly, Throw (I haven't even started up on my edit yet).

:D haha, well unlike the X-Files (a massive year undertaking) this was pretty straightforward. I don't expect to put out any edits like this in the near future.

ThrowgnCpr said:
I don't expect to put out any edits like this in the near future.
Why not Tee? you seem to have a knack for it.

BecauseYouWereHome.jpg

"Because You Were Home" A FanEdit by ThrowgnCpr.

Contains Heavy Spoilers!!!!!!

A couple in hysterical terror for over an hour is hard to take especially if there is not much sympathy with or for them.

This could almost be a list of horror clichés in its own right. Girl uses kitchen knife, Girl runs, trips and falls. Wheezing evildoers that are masked. Not doing the logical and searching out every dark corner or strange noise. I could go on about tool sheds, old radios and record players but I won't.

I wonder why most horror films always seem to need the confined dark location as a prerequisite coupled with extreme lapses in normal thought process.

I think logic however twisted is the cause for most murder and torture, so the premise in this scenario 'because you were home' feels a little unconvincing. More so, that three equally minded psychos working in perfect unison could have found each other to perpetrate such crimes.

Also the final reveal is made to the victims but not the audience. This left me feeling short changed.

I am glad that the brutality and gratuitous violence of the end was handled in this new and very clever way, leaving the graphic images to your imagination, while showing idiclic shots in opposition to horrific audio. This for me was the most successful part of this FanEdit.

The DVD is very well presented and easy to navigate. The quality of image seemed good maybe a little dark at times. The audio was perfect. The editing is seamless.

Editing 5, Audio 5, Entertainment 2, DVD presentation 5. So a solid 4/5

updated first post with new trailer. Also, 700MB AVI now available via fanedit.info

OK, I give up. How do you download it? I keep trying but my mac won't open it.

lol, yes, but what exactly are you downloading. There are 2 versions, a DVD, and an AVI. both have DLCs for JDownloader. What is it that your computer wont open?

I tried both. But in JD, I get a list that says it's ok and from there I just don't know what to do.

Jdownloader adds links to the linkgrabber (where it also does a check if they are available or not.
You can also add them manually by clciking in the "linkgrabber" on "add links". For DLC files click on "add container files."
Now select the links or link selection you want to download by clicking on it.
On the left bar, click on "add selected packages" -> the links will now be added to downloads.
Switch to "downloads" and click the play button on the top left.

To test out my new machine, I decided to recut this edit in HD, since it was a fairly straightforward cut, it allowed me to work the kinks out of my new setup. The edit has been recut in 1080p. An MKV will be available in a day or so, with an AVCHD to follow. Cuts are essentially the same, though there may be some very minor differences since I made the original more than a couple years ago.

cover art for the AVCHD:
BYWH_test2_3DBD2.jpg

^ What he said! That's a fantastic cover. It's great to see a new release from you, Throw! :)

Thanks guys. Glad you like the cover. I really hate the official film DVD & BD cover. Its so flashy. I tried to keep both of mine simple, and with the new one more focused on the 2 main characters - because thats what the movie, my edit is really about.

I hope you like the edit as well.

and not technically a "new release," but its a new area for me (HD), and I'm glad to be a little active again. I'll be jumping back into some old and new projects now, so stay tuned (but not on the edge of your chair, because I'm slooooowwwww ;) )

The edit is now available as a 1080p MKV video. It is uploaded to MU and MS. Should be on .info next week, but in the meantime you can PM me for the links or look in the usual spots. AVHCD to follow sometime soon.

FYI, the MKV and AVCHD will fit on a single layer disc. Even though it is 1080p, because of the short duration of the movie (74 min), it still looks quite nice at this size.

Here are the new specs:

aspect ratio: 1920x1080 progressive
video bitrate: 7600 kbps
video codec, container: x264 MKV
audio: 5.1 AC3 surround, 448 kbps
filesize: 4.4 GB

I tried this "Maybe downloadable from link removed
I've downloaded it twice but 7zip can't seem to extract it, I keep getting the wrong password. Can someone PM me the correct one. I've tried several of the basic ones.

Back
Top Bottom