• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future: Bootstrap Edition

opening music ends too soon
why are they in the old west  suddenly
in the old west the car is set to return to 1985, but  in your edit they return to 1955 instead.
very confusing edit, so far
Interesting how all the 50's footage from part 1&2 are taking place all at same time.

QuackAtomic said:
Also, the edit is done. I've got a 720p version rendered. If a mod could move this back into COMPLETED, I would appreciate it. Want to submit it now.

Sorry, that's not how it works.  The thread stays here until you actually submit it, at which point it gets moved to Pending Approval.  With that said, you might want to address the above post first.

TVs Frink said:
Sorry, that's not how it works.  The thread stays here until you actually submit it, at which point it gets moved to Pending Approval.  With that said, you might want to address the above post first.

Sorry, still new at this.

jswert123456 said:
opening music ends too soon
why are they in the old west  suddenly
in the old west the car is set to return to 1985, but  in your edit they return to 1955 instead.
very confusing edit, so far
Interesting how all the 50's footage from part 1&2 are taking place all at same time.

All the events are shown in chronological order. So when Marty departs 1885, the next event is his arrival in 1955. The edit is built around the events being shown out of order. Its a non-linear narrative. That's part of the fun of it, I think. Structuring the edit in that manner helped trim a lot of the alternate timelines.

Also, are you referring to the music at the very start? When they're riding up to the train?

Im talking bout the opening theme music, ends very abrutly.
Whe Marty is leaving 1885, they set the car for 198, but end up in 1955, little  odd.
there are other moments like that, where they talk or set up to go to a certain time on the car, but end up in another time.
I just think the overall idea was good, but I   had trouble following the flow.
But picture and sound quality  was  very nice

jswert123456 said:
Im talking bout the opening theme music, ends very abrutly.
Whe Marty is leaving 1885, they set the car for 198, but end up in 1955, little  odd.
there are other moments like that, where they talk or set up to go to a certain time on the car, but end up in another time.
I just think the overall idea was good, but I   had trouble following the flow.
But picture and sound quality  was  very nice

Could you give me a time stamp, so I can poke at the music? Not much audio is edited at the beginning.
The other stuff is kind of the point. Thanks for the feedback!

On a related note... If anyone is interested, here are the first 5 minutes:
(pass: fanedit)

Yeah, I'm in agreement wit Jswer, that music from the titles cuts out much too quickly, it sort of dissipates without a real climax.

Zarius said:
Yeah, I'm in agreement wit Jswer, that music from the titles cuts out much too quickly, it sort of dissipates without a real climax.

Oh, okay, I thought you guys meant something earlier on. Yeah, it fades like that to avoid the sound effects at the beginning of Part 2. I'll see if I can patch it with the soundtrack.

The problem seems to be that the music fades out to total silence, and then after that the sound fades in with the train. This is at approximately 4:00 in your video. 

A crossfade would fix the problem. As the music fades out, the sound effects should be fading in already, so there's no "dead air" that seems unintentional.

^ Yep.

I really dug the "It's a science experiment" ----> 'Opening Credits' move!

never in million years, did i think someone would agree with something i said,

jswert123456 said:
never in million years, did i think someone would agree with something i said,

You've got four "likes", so some people have before. Just saying.

thecuddlyninja said:
d9c885007de59d43a66bfae668fb5133.png

JEDIT: Sorry for the unproductive post OP, but jeez come on, swert.

very uncalled for.
i dont laugh and take shots at you.

addiesin said:
The problem seems to be that the music fades out to total silence, and then after that the sound fades in with the train. This is at approximately 4:00 in your video. 

A crossfade would fix the problem. As the music fades out, the sound effects should be fading in already, so there's no "dead air" that seems unintentional.

I can't crossfade in this context without redoing the timing on the credits. If I take the credit music forward at all, the opening of Part II is audible. If I take the train audio back, you can hear Doc shout, "Its a science experiment!" again. So I'll have to figure out something else. I think the same music plays during the end credits, but continues a little bit. I'll probably just splice that in if it'll fit.

You might just need to get rid of a few frames of footage so the fade out and fade in synch up. I think it'd make for a better result and would be less work on you. Two birds, one cut.

Obviously it's your call. And if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Couldn't hurt to try though.

addiesin said:
You might just need to get rid of a few frames of footage so the fade out and fade in synch up. I think it'd make for a better result and would be less work on you. Two birds, one cut.

Obviously it's your call. And if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Couldn't hurt to try though.

Thanks for the advice, but I already did the horribly complicated thing. I crossfaded the opening credits music of Part II with the End Credits music of Part II, and then cross faded the train with itself, and moved all the music around just a tad. ALSO, the music is slowed to about 96.5% its original speed b/c it was about a second too short. Changed the timing on the fade to black to better match. Will upload the clip in approx. 1000000000 years when Vegas is done.

Here's the attempt at fixing the music. Let me know if it works better or needs improvements or whatever. I think the fade out on the text and clouds needs tweaked a little.

pass:fanedit

I have a preview copy available if anyone else wants to see this thing. The preview has still got the unfixed opening music on it. I'll re-render the fixed version once I get some more peer reviews, just in case there's anything else wrong. Currently working to create a BRD and retroactively write a cut-list.

Back
Top Bottom