• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

^ That is indeed incredible! The shading on the facial pores as the sunlight is blocked by the leaves... 😮

^^^^ I mean honestly it’s not any worse for me. What I mean is both present as animation to me. Both don’t feel real.

OPPENHEIMER | Dropping A Real Nuke | Behind The Scenes Exclusive:​

:LOL:

For those interested in deepfake, a Wes Anderson-y Italian Harry Potter trailer is of course the very best use of the technology:

I thought Michael Scott in Mass Effect was impressive, but this - this is immaculate.

Any Red vs Blue fans here? Series creator Burnie Burns is returning to write this upcoming season, which is going to be the final one. Sad to see it go, but I'm glad they are ending it deliberately and in the right hands. Warning: trailer is really a prologue episode and will spoil stuff from all previous seasons.

So, it would appear that...

Everything after Season 13 has been de-canonized and given the new context of being hypothetical scenarios that could have happened, as envisioned by Epsilon Church. While I do like 14-17 more than most (I'm still too much of a coward to watch Zero), I agree with the consensus that the show went downhill after the Chorus Trilogy. Season 13's ending, that last stand cliffhanger was the absolute perfect ending, and I would have been content for them to have stopped then and there. To be revisiting that very moment for the "real" ending is a really classy move.

Okay, not to get repetitive but I really loved this! Can we just have a GoT Mafia remake so the series gets done right? Pretty please?

The BBC Archive channel continue to knock it out of the park with their uploads of cool old clips. Just added this interview with Shorty. Presumably his Oscar takes second place to the Blue Petter badge he got for doing this :LOL: :

George Takei from a convention in 1989:

Herzog being shot mid interview with Mark Kermode:

Highbrow 'Newsnight Review' panel discuss this new "Iron Man" film in 2008:

Just dropping this amazing short film I caught up with from Spike Jonze. I love that he works with so many skaters and musicians, but seriously, I wish he made more narrative work. This is like a glimpse of what Richard Linklater often aspires to make, only this has a stronger throughline and more heart.

I was watching some 'Shooting Stars' clips on youtube and made the mistake of getting this song stuck in my head all week:

This guy sent a copy of Tenet through one of those turnstiles and it came out inverted:

The score sounds great in reverse. Shame it doesn't have subtitles though.

^Goransson essentially wrote two scores, one to match forward movement and one to match backwards movement, then laid them over each other and made sure they worked together for the final film. I maintain that TEN3T's score is one of the great undersung compositions of cinema, an absolute masterpiece. Goransson is I think the greatest working composer in film.

I just recently started watching Mythbusters on Max, and I've officially become one of the crazies for that show. And it gives me no greater pleasure than to find out that Adam Savage himself has his own YouTube channel, called Tested. Trying to pick one awesome video in this channel was a challenge, but this video on the making of a Labyrinth pinball machine should do.

Terry English building a suit of armour for Adam is my highlight:

I'm actually going to link a playlist of videos here, because the entire season of Star Trek Continues is worth sharing.
This is without a doubt the best "fan made" production I've ever seen. In part, because a lot of the "fans" are actually voice actors, just doing live action acting here. It was so well-done that actually "normal" actors guested on episodes later, including Star Trek alums.
The concept is to give the Original Series a proper ending, one where you actually see their "5 year mission" wrap-up, and it bridges some of the major events/changes between the series and film, as well as following up on some loose ends or great undeveloped ideas from the show.

I was just watching one episode per day and savoring each one. They really get the mannerisms of the characters down, without falling into parody. It's such a labor of love, with Vic Mignona producing, writing, directing, editing, adding music, and of course, starring. You can tell that everyone involved are big fans. Each episode references (or even includes) a specific character or event from a previous story, and follows up on them in interesting ways.

For the final two parter episodes, #11+12, they were referencing so many things that I looked it up. The main things are that it refers back to the pilot episode with Kirk, which was actually the SECOND pilot. It also references the original pilot, which had primarily a different cast and was not picked up, but was re-used for scenes in, wait for it, episodes 11+12 of the original series. <chef's kiss>

It's not about the video, just the earworm of the theme: the 1980s MSX game King's Valley. :LOL:

Do GIFs count?
pendulum satisfying GIF

My post was too short. It must contain a minimum of 6 word and above. My previus word was 4.

Back
Top Bottom