• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2015 Movies

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's the New Year, it's I think it's a good time to look forward to the new released and list are most anticipated films of the year.

2015 promises to be perhaps the biggest year ever for blockbuster franchises. I'm eager to see a lot of them, but, honestly, when I think about movies coming out next year, there's only one I really care about. And that's Spongebob Square Pants 2. Ha, no. But seriously it's Star Wars. Obviously.

Here's my list:

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - duh

2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - duh

3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - duh

4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - duh

5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Alright the truth is I could have made this my whole top ten, that's how excited for it I am. It really is overshadowing everything. It's not just expectations are high, it's just this is a film I've waited a long time for. I saw the original trilogy when I was two and have been watching it since. I don't even remember a time when I didn't know the trilogy by heart. So it feels to me like I've waited my whole life for Episode VII. I could explain my anticipation further, but I think that reason should do.

6. Spectre - I'm excited for any new Bond film. But tell me that Sam Mendes is back and that Lea Sedeoux is the new Bond girl and Christoph Waltz is the new villain and that SPECTRE is back, and, well, you have me more excited for a new Bond film than I've ever been.

7. The Hateful Eight - New Quentin Tarantino film. Check. Western genre. Check. Great ensemble cast. Check. Can't wait.

8. St. James Place - My all time favorite director, Steven Spielberg, is making a Cold War spy thriller with Tom Hanks? Well that sounds like the best thing ever,

9. Tomorrowland - Brad Bird is one of the best big-budget directors out there. And he's got an original sic-fi movie coming out with a great cast? Sounds like his Super 8, which is a very, very, very good thing.

10. Inside Out/The Good Dinosaur - All you need to tell me is "new Pixar movie" and I'm there. The fact that we're getting two this year and they're both original is just icing on the cake.

12. Silence - I'll see anything Scorsese makes. This would normally be higher, but the premise doesn't sound all that interesting. I'd love to be proven wrong, though, and Liam Neeson and Andrew Garfield are in it so whatever, I'm excited.

13. Jurassic World - I love the Jurassic Park franchise. More importantly, I love Chris Pratt. Interested to see what Trevorrow will do.

14. Avengers: Age of Ultron - Who doesn't love the Avengers? This should speak for itself.

15. The Revenant - Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu directs Leo DiCaprio getting western revenge on Tom Hardy? No way, sounds amazing.

16. Joy - The premise is uninteresting, but that's never stopped David O. Russell. Also I'm in love with Jennifer Lawrence.

17. Knight of Cups - Malick's last effort was an atypical misfire, let's hope this gets him back to greatness. It's got an interesting story and a great cast (though we'll see how many make it in the final cut).

18. Furious 7 - Been too long since my last fast fix. This should be the most ridiculous and over the top one yet. Let's hope it keeps up the fun.

19. The Martian - Ridley Scott hasn't been so hot recently, but I'm holding out hope. Deep space movie with a great cast - I hope it's good.

20. Kingsman: The Secret Service - Matthew Vaughn directs James Bond meets Harry Potter? Sounds awesome.

21. Mission Impossible 5 - Last one was the best yet. Let's see if they can deliver again.

22. Chappie - I love me some Neil Blomkamp, and this sounds like another exciting entry in his still young filmography.

23. Mad Max: Fury Road - I enjoy Mad Max. I'm usually concerned when a movie takes so long to come out, but everything I've seen and heard so far tells me this will be insane fun.

24. Black Mass - I always appreciate a good Boston crime thriller. This one's about Whitey Bulger, so I'm not going to not see it. Good cast and director too.

25. Terminator Genisys - I don't know about this one. I'm really in love with Terminator, but I'm skeptical. This could either be really good fun, or really, really, really, bad and stupid. Let's hope it's the former.

Here are some others that could be good too:

- Crimson Peak (dir. Guillermo Del Toro; Mia Wasikowska, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston, amongst others)
- Ant-Man (Marvel studios hasn't had a bad movie [loss of Edgar Wright isn't so great, though]; good cast)
- In the Heart of the Sea (dir. Ron Howard; Chris Hemsworth, others; based on a good book)
- The Walk (dir. Robert Zemeckis; JGL, Ben Schwartz, others; great story)
- Midnight Special (dir. Jeff Nichols; Michael Shannon, Joel Edgarton, others; cool premise)
- Trumbo (dir. Jay Roach; Bryan Cranston; great story)
- Sicario (dir. Denis Villeneuve; great cast)
- Macbeth (Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard; amazing play)
- The Sea of Trees (dir. Gus Van Sant; Matthew McConaughey)

What movies are you guys looking forward to?

Also, happy New Year!

SPECTRE tops my list. Short of having David Arnold doing the music again, it has everything I wanted in the next Bond movie. Continuation and/or conclusion of the Quantum story. The return of SPECTRE! Christoph Waltz as a villain who is almost certianly going to be Blofeld. And directed by the guy who brought us Skyfall. Hope his new cinematographer can produce similar results.

The Hateful Eight sounds fantastic. Granted, I'll watch anything Tarantino puts out. Probably my favorite film maker alive.

Avengers 2 is Avengers 2. Love the MCU, talking rodents not withstanding. This looks very promising.

Star Wars has me excited. While I'm still doubtful it'll be anything like the original trilogy, I'm confident that J.J. will deliver something that far surpasses the prequels... which I didn't dislike, I might add. Will be fun.

Terminator Genisys looks to be doing some really interesting things with the time displacement. T2 style Sarah during T1? Kyle Reese against the T-1000? Old Arnold versus even Older Arnold? This has a ton of potential.

Kingsman looks intriguing. Not familiar with the source material. But it's in good hands and looks like a classy, clever espionage movie. In.

Jupiter Ascending looks kind of neat. Always up to see what the Wachowskis are working on.

Ant-Man isn't a character I'm very familiar with. But after the long, troubled production, I'm really interested to see how it all finally turns out.

Mission: Impossible 5? Didn't realize they were making another so soon. So far, it's the rare series that got better with each installment for me. The last one was really good. Here's hoping they keep it up.

There's a new Friday the 13th movie out this year, or so Wiki says. I missed the previous reboot, but they're supposedly starting over again. Again. So I'll give it a shot. I enjoyed the originals well enough. Should be stupid fun.

Chappie looks... odd. Gritty reboot of Short Circuit? Then again, Short Circuit 2 has the grittiest scene ever. That brutal beating would earn a hard R had Number Five been a human character. This could be good, or a huge misfire.

No interest in Jurassic World. Concept seems really forced to me. I really don't think there's much more to be milked from the concept at this point.

The new Fantastic Four reboot sounds so completely and utterly awful that I may see it out of morbid curiosity alone.

I haven't even heard of half the movies you listed. The only one I'm looking forward to is The Hateful Eight. Love me some Tarantino. Scorsese's got a new movie? Cool. I'll check that out too. Black Mass sounds interesting as well. And as much as I love the Friday The 13th franchise I can't really say that I'm excited about the new sequel/remake/reboot/whatever, I'd be more interested in a theatrical re-release of the original, but I'll be sure to go see it.

1zb6nvt.jpg

I threw this together pretty quickly after sitting and thinking about the fact that Taken is already on its third entry in the franchise and how silly that is and that it's about as silly as the naming scheme for Fast & Furious movies. Came up with a title and found a pic of Neeson smiling after failing to find a pic of him bored and voila!

This movie looks wacko crazy, but since it stars the most beautiful and sexiest woman on the planet, I will be in line for it.... LOL!

^ :wat:. That was interesting. I don't think I'll see in in the theaters but that trailer intrigued me enough to definitely check it out when it gets a video release.

Watched Kingsmen this evening. Generally it's a massively entertaining homage to oldskool ridiculous Bond movies. But it's got a lot of flaws which stop it being as good as it could have been.

Mostly it can all be fixed with a fanedit, the big exception would be the 15/R-Rated violence. If there is some kind 18/NC-17 Blu-Ray cut then maybe that aspect is fixable. It was a film that wanted to shock with it's violence but couldn't when no blood was obviously allowed to be spilled and there are scenes where so much blood should be spilled that it's obvious absense looked kinda nuts. It was trimmed to just squeak out a 15 cert in the UK, when it was originally offered an 18. Maybe an unaltered and less compromised version will hit cinemas elsewhere.

Another irritant was the choice to dub a lion's roar over everytime the female assassin attacked. I imagine it was a touch that the sound department thought was brilliantly subtle to underline her ferocity but it was far too loud in the mix and just sounded cack handed. The VisualFX ranged from adequte, to sub standard but the budget was impressively waaaay smaller than the scale of the film I saw, so I can forgive it that. There was a repeated plot motif that had impact the first time it happened but by the third or fourth time had me almost looking at my watch. One of the main characters gets no resolution whatsoever, only deleted scenes can save her.

Lastly if there is an ending to a movie so gob-smackingly misjudged, I'm struggling to think of it. Before the last bit you might rate the film 9/10 but after seeing the final "Joke" I'd have to downgraded it to maybe a 6. It's that bad and it's made worse by a mid-credits sequence that actually could have been a superb and narratively satisfyng conclusion (That'll be on my Fanedit cutlist for sure).

The Pop-Music Soundtrack is great, by the way.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

hhmmmm..... well, at least it looks better than the Lone Ranger...:-|:p

^ U.N.C.L.E. trailer deleted ^

Here's a replacement.

Mr Grant as Mr Waverly near the end.

As it stars Keanu Reeves (Who lets be fair, hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since the first Matrix movie) and has a dull-as-dishwater title... John Wick wasn't even on my radar, interest wise. But some very positive reviews comparing the action scenes to 'The Raid' and learning that the plot was of the "Unstoppable one-man juggernaut of vengeance" nature (My favourite movie sub-genre) I bought a ticket.

It was a mixed bag but I'm very glad I watched it, as the action scenes are indeed closer to 'The Raid' than anything Hollywood has produced in a long while. It's like the anti-John Woo, as there is no spraying of bullets, it's very precise choreographed stuff. One shot to the head... and on to the next guy. Having said that, there were a few scenes that reminded me more than a little of 'The Killer'. The action is very well shot and edited too, no shaky cam and incoherrant chopiness.

The downside is that the non-action parts are slow, verging on boring and at worst totally nonsensical. But I can see ways that those problems can easily be fanedited away. Just leaving a furious neon-drenched whirlwind of violent action :). By the way, it should totally be called "The Boogeyman".

As long as you don't expect too much from the story, you'll love it. Check it out.

TM2YC said:
As it stars Keanu Reeves (Who lets be fair, hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since the first Matrix movie) and has a dull-as-dishwater title... John Wick wasn't even on my radar, interest wise. But some very positive reviews comparing the action scenes to 'The Raid' and learning that the plot was of the "Unstoppable one-man juggernaut of vengeance" nature (My favourite movie sub-genre) I bought a ticket.

It was a mixed bag but I'm very glad I watched it, as the action scenes are indeed closer to 'The Raid' than anything Hollywood has produced in a long while. It's like the anti-John Woo, as there is no spraying of bullets, it's very precise choreographed stuff. One shot to the head... and on to the next guy. Having said that, there were a few scenes that reminded me more than a little of 'The Killer'. The action is very well shot and edited too, no shaky cam and incoherrant chopiness.

The downside is that the non-action parts are slow, verging on boring and at worst totally nonsensical. But I can see ways that those problems can easily be fanedited away. Just leaving a furious neon-drenched whirlwind of violent action :). By the way, it should totally be called "The Boogeyman".

As long as you don't expect too much from the story, you'll love it. Check it out.

I LOVED John Wick.

Here are the 2015 movies I've seen so far, in order of release.

Taken 3 - D+
The Wedding Ringer - B-
Mortdecai - D-
Kingsman: The Secret Service - B+
Going Clear: Scientology & The Prison of Belief - B+
Fifty Shades of Grey - D
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 - C
Chappie - B+
Get Hard - B
Avengers: Age of Ultron - B+
Mad Max: Fury Road - A

Saw Ex Machina last night. What a brilliant little movie that is. If you enjoyed Her and Black Mirror, I highly recommend this one. Definitely in my top 5 films of the past few years.

njvc said:
Saw Ex Machina last night. What a brilliant little movie that is. If you enjoyed Her and Black Mirror, I highly recommend this one. Definitely in my top 5 films of the past few years.

good to hear. the trailer looked great. can't wait to check it out.

Neglify said:
Here are the 2015 movies I've seen so far, in order of release.

Taken 3 - D+
The Wedding Ringer - B-
Mortdecai - D-
Kingsman: The Secret Service - B+
Going Clear: Scientology & The Prison of Belief - B+
Fifty Shades of Grey - D
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 - C
Chappie - B+
Get Hard - B
Avengers: Age of Ultron - B+
Mad Max: Fury Road - A

What? No "Furious 7"?

njvc said:

I want to see that one, but if you're comparing it to Her I might just have to past. As Roger Ebert would say "I HATE HATE HATED that movie". :lol:

I'm trying to think of the 2015 movies that I've seen so far this year and all I can think of off the top of my head are:

- Run All Night
- It Follows
- The Longest Ride
- Furious 7 (twice)
- The Wedding Ringer
- Fifty Shades Of Grey

Frantic Canadian said:
What? No "Furious 7"?

I have actually yet to see all the Fast & Furious movies. I just started making my way through the series and up next is #4.

Back
Top Bottom