• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST. Anthology / Volume 1 (2 dvd set 2009)

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET ANTHOLOGY (2-DVD set) by Dr. Sapirstein

0307e.jpg

Original film name : "A Nightmare On Elm Street"
New film name : "The Nightmare On Elm Street Anthology, Volume 1"
Type of edit : Special Edition
Film studio name : New Line Cinema
Edit crew name : Dr. Sapirstein
Rated/Unrated/Cut : Unrated, uncut
Original release date : November 1984
Fan edit release date : November 2009
DVD 1 : The film (extended cut)
DVD 2 : Bonus materials
Original run time (film) : 91'14
New run time (film) : 100'20
Bonus materials run time : 155 mn (disc 2)

The 2009, all-new edit of the best horror film of the 80's marks its 25th anniversary, and features 9 minutes of restored and digitally enhanced footage, new scenes, alternate takes, longer scenes, a different soundtrack and for the very first time, Johnny Depp's fully uncut death scene fully re-edited into the film, the SPFX of Heather Langenkamp's blue screen footage at last 'finalized', as well as Craven's original ending the way he wanted it to be seen. Every added shot has been color-corrected and cleaned, and the film's soundtrack has been completely remastered and reworked. This is a brand new edit done in 2009, not the low-quality 2004 edit previously available on FanEdit. I started from scratch in order to deliver a high quality, coherent and longer edit of the film, finally including some never-before-used footage, making this the ultimate Nightmare edit, completed by a second DVD of bonus materials (cf. details below). The DVD includes animated menus and chapters.

SOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS FAN EDIT
The original film, sourced from the BluRay edition.
The soundtrack from the Varese CD.
Extra materials (deleted/extended scenes, alternate takes, etc) sourced from:
- The uncut film from the UK VHS.
- The bonus disc from the US 8-DVD box set.
- The ELITE limited VHS box set featuring out takes from the workprint and more.
- The Infinifilm DVD's many extras.

ADDED/EXTENDED/MODIFIED
at 00:00:00 - Opening credits, titles & "making-the-glove" footage completely redone.
at 00:09:36 - Extended scene : Tina's backyard / There's something out there.
at 00:11:25 - Extended scene : Tina's backyard / Glen tries to seduce Nancy.
at 00:16:53 - Extended scene : Tina in back alley, first encounter with Freddy.
at 00.19.05 - Extended scene : Extra creepy shots of Freddy's face being torn off by Tina (close-ups).
at 00:19:40 - Extended scene : Tina's death (re-edited, extra shots, full gore).
at 00:26:12 - Extended scene : In Nancy's classroom.
at 00:29:13 - Extended scene : Freddy frightening Nancy with his sparkly claws.
at 00:30:20 - Extended scene : Creepy shots of Freddy getting closer to Nancy.
at 00:31:50 - Scene added : Nancy pleading to see Rod in his cell.
at 00:34:20 - Extended scene : Rod reveals more to Nancy.
at 00:45:50 - Extended scene : Scary shots of Nancy and Freddy fighting in her bed.
at 00:46:18 - Extended scene : Police Station / Rod's longer "suicide".
at 00:51:21 - Scene added : Marge & Don discuss murdering Freddy 10 years ago.
at 00:53:12 - Extended scene : The sleep clinic (additional dialogues and shots of Nancy on the monitors).
at 00:57:23 - Extended scene : Marge's longer telephone call about Nancy and Fred's hat.
at 01:01:26 - Extended scene : Glen & Nancy talk booby traps on the bridge.
at 01:02:56 - Extended scene : Marge reveals the truth about Krueger to Nancy.
at 01:08:52 - Scene added : Don and Garcia at the police station.
at 01:14:45 - Extended scene and alternate shots : Telephone's tongue and Nancy's reaction.
at 01:15:50 - Scene added & extended : New digitally enhanced footage of Glen's death and corpse's return, reinserted for the first time.
at 01:19:20 - Extended scene : Nancy setting the traps all over the house.
at 01:22:20 - Scene added : Glen's dad talks to Don about Freddy murdering his son.
at 01:24:25 - Scene added : New digitally enhanced footage of Nancy "floating asleep" while getting into the dream.
at 01:29:15 - Scene added : Nancy runs away, Freddy follows.
at 01:33:54 - Extended scene : Freddy in flames on top of Marge (added alternate shot).
at 01:35:35 - Extended scene : Nancy threatens Freddy, alternate and extra takes.
at 01:37:28 - Original Wes Craven ending reinserted.
at 01:40:00 - A little surprise after the end credits.

Disc 2 (extras):
3,8Gb / NTSC / 16:9 and 4:3 / 720x480 / 6-pass VBR / DD AC3 2.0 Stereo 224 and 448kbps English

From DVD 2 (click to enlarge)

DVD cover, two discs artworks and 3D preview.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CUK8FUCA

:shock:
:eek:
Looks nice!

I doubt disc 2 will be allowed seems they are available to buy.

DVD2 removed, topic moved to extended editions.

What exactly is on disc 2 anyways? Hopefully at least there's plenty of stuff on it that not available officially.

Awesome, loved your previous extended cut, will be great to have a more complete version in better quality.

Demolition Man said:
What exactly is on disc 2 anyways? Hopefully at least there's plenty of stuff on it that not available officially.
since the material is not allowed this kind of discussion has to happen completely private or not at all.

I mistakenly had included some materials that are commercially available among the extras included on Disc 2 - I didn't realize that even if they were not in the same state and shape as the ones commercially available, it wasn't ok here (sorry about that Boon!). It's posted elsewhere, you won't have trouble finding it, but absolutely not here.
I'll be more careful next time..

Did anybody else get giddy upon seeing this on the fanedit.org page?

zeppelinrox said:
Did anybody else get giddy upon seeing this on the fanedit.org page?

I certainly did.

Hey Doc, can you tell us what Vol. 2 will include?

boon23 said:
Demolition Man said:
since the material is not allowed this kind of discussion has to happen completely private or not at all.

Fair enough.

Regardless I got disc 1 right now. I noticed the video has a bit of a jerkyness to it whenever there's panning/fast motion going on. I suspect there's either a frame rate issue or somehow the Blu-Ray to DVD conversion for the film itself wasn't done properly. I'm not an expert on this but I hope this helps.

I tested it on my Pioneer DV-563A, my XBox 360, and also WinDVD 2010. The jerkyness went away with WinDVD 2010 when I turned the Upscaling option on.

Oh rats.
VLC gags on it completely.
MPC plays it jerky style and says that bitrate of the VOB files is too high... 9800Kbps...

Should I stop uploading this to MU then?

Maybe converting to avi will be a better idea.

That's strange. The maximum bitrate for DVD is 9848 kb/s so 9800 kb/s should be fine, unless that's just the video's bitrate.

some players cant play any higher than 8000 kb/s

MedicaCoder says that it is "Interlaced BFF"
AutoMKV says:
Code:
Source is declared tff by a margin of 2/0.
Analyzed 5 sections of five frames
Found Interlace Sections:  0 0.00%
Found progressive Sections:0 0.00%
Found Telecined Sections:  5 100.00%
Found Zero  Mov:  0.00%         0
Found One   Mov:  0.00%         0
Found Two   Mov:  100.00%        5
Found Three Mov:  0.00%         0
Found Four  Mov:  0.00%         0
Found Five  Comb:  0.00%        0

The Movie is declared to telecined
telecine wut?

I'm assuming the main editing/rendering was done via Sony Vegas, right? If so then I would assume doing a new rendering at 7000 kb/s or so would fix this problem.

Sorry if some of you are having troubles playing it, I have no idea why.
Yes the original MPG file was rendered on Vegas, and a DVD9 was created/authored with it, then shrunk to a DVD5 using 'DVD-Shrink'. I've tested 2 burned copies (one burned at x4, one at x8) on 2 different players (one being a lame, 30euros DVD player, linked to a regular TV, the other being a BR/DVD Pioneer player linked to a projector), and both played fine, no jitter or anything. I don't use VLC but SMplayer on the puters and nothing wrong there either, so I have no idea where the problem experienced could come from. Any idea?

Captain Khajiit said:
dr.sapirstein said:
Rod reveals more to Nancy.
This alone should make the edit worthwhile! :smile:[/quote:jlvw85m0]

Filth :D

Bitrate is too high which is causing the issues with some players. The best thing I would recommend doing is to do a straight out render at a DVD-5 friendly bitrate. From what VideoCalc is saying I would recommend around 5500 kb/s for the video alongside the 448 kb/s you have for the Dolby 2.0 audio track you have already.

FYI I did just do a quick DVD to MKV of this using MakeMKV. The file plays perfectly fine via MediaPortal. I'll post my thoughts on your extended edit in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom