• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Zombie Consecution: The True Fanedit Chronicles

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zombie Consecution: The True Fanedit Chronicles

What is it about? This DVD contains a series of ten short FanEdits that explore the zombie Universe. Each short FanEdit has been created by a different FanEditor using the many sources available, animation, TV series and motion pictures.

original film name:
new film name: Zombie Consecution: The True Fanedit Chronicles
film studio name:
edit crew name: 3Raz0r, Horrorgrind, Mollo, CBB, Blueyoda, Aztek463, ThrowgnCpr, Tranzor, Stomachworm, Uncanny Antman, Ghostcut Pictures, Ojala Productions
Date Original Films Were Released:
Date Edit Was Released: Jan 2009
Fanedit Runtime: ~ 134 minutes

Fanedit details:
This is a unique project, which started on Faneditforum.com from an idea by faneditor Mollo to bring together the creative powers of some of the best faneditors in the world for a DVD featuring short fanedits. The first project featured creations of the Batman series and was a huge success. This time, the audience begged for zombies. The call was received with excitement and within a few months the final DVD saw the light of day, including some wonderful works of art. All of the included fanedits differ a lot from each other, so there should be something on it for all kinds of undead fan tastes.

The list of shorts:
3Raz0r - Diary of a Dying Man - 16:00
When the zombie plague rolls over the world, weapons shop owner Andy starts his recording to make history, but soon has to discover he is all alone in his struggle, not just against the living dead, but also against hunger and lonesomeness.

Horrorgrind - The Virus - 11:09
Released in a laboratory accident, a deadly virus turns the worlds' population into the walking dead!

Mollo - Das Zombi - 16:49
During World War II a company of German Soldiers spend the night in a deserted Romania Castle. Unwittingly, they awaken the undead and all hell breaks loose.

CBB - Voodoo Island - 15:29
A doctor on a zombie infested island tries to find an answer to the phenomenon, when finally all hell breaks lose.

Blueyoda - Dead Awake - 16:18
A military crew is sent on a rescue mission to a planet where something has gone terribly wrong. They find more than they bargained for on this remote industrial planet.

Aztek463 - School's in Session - 15:45
During a deadly viral outbreak in Raccoon City, Dr. Charles Ashford seeks the aid of Jill Valentine, a member of Raccoon City's elite S.T.A.R.S. team, and Alice, a former employee of the Umbrella Corporation, to help locate his missing daughter. The problem? Everyone in her school has been infected with the T-Virus, turning them into zombies.

ThrowgnCpr - Dawn of the Millennium - 15:21
The year is 1999, as the millennium approaches, Frank Black finds out that the times may be coming to an end as the dead start to reclaim the earth.

Tranzor - In 20 Seconds 4:10
Seeing your true self in the face of a life or death situation...

Stomachworm - 2 Against the World - 15:17
A focus on the love story of Cherry & Wray. Can these two survive in a world of the undead?

Uncanny Antman - Surviving an Undead Uprising - 5:31
The first in a series of five instructional videos designed to help you make it through a Zombie plague.

Bonus Features:

Ghostcut - Visit Ravenholm
Ojala Productions - Marvel Zombies

+ an easter egg

Your intention for this fanedit: To entertain the masses :D
Your way to achieve your intention: Lots and lots of work on 13 different workstations. A lot of these short movies had to be re-worked again and again to hit the time limit (most of all successfully, yet everyone close).
Additional Comment: All the faneditors would appreciate your comments, both on the entire project as well as on their contributions.
Time needed for the edition: 3 months

persons involved:
supervisor and idea: ThrowgnCpr & Mollo
faneditors: 3Raz0r, Horrorgrind, Mollo, CBB, Blueyoda, Aztek463, ThrowgnCpr, Tranzor, Stomachworm, Uncanny Antman, Ghostcut Pictures, Ojala Productions (fan film), Messenjah14 (help with intro vid)
cover art: Mollo (cover) and ThrowgnCpr (disc)
overall production, DVD design and authoring: ThrowgnCpr

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for all your hard work, throwgncpr. I am looking very forward to watching this.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brilliant - well done guys. Will be getting this and reviewing.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
torrent launched at the piratebay

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats everyone, I look forward to watching this soon!

EDIT: And might I add, that is some the best cover and disc art ever Mollo...

searcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was quick ThrowgnCpr, really looking forward to seeing this, thanks for all your hard work
guys, I am sure its great.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems that Zombie Consecution has fallen into the "difficult second album" category. Biased as I am, I still think that FanEditors getting together for such a project is exciting and very positive for the community. I believe that future Consecution projects will only get better.

For me Zombie Consecution stands-out for the discovery of a great talent in Blueyoda. Also Uncanny's uncanny talent for continually producing such awesome FanEdits. The guy is the maestro. Also I love the DVD design by Throw.

Finally, I hope that the next Consecution will be a genre that is less limiting. Zombies, though cuddly and attractive, are quite one dimensional.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mollo said:
It seems that Zombie Consecution has fallen into the "difficult second album" category.
Yeah, I think the second go was always gonna have to struggle to make a mark, especially so with zombies being such a broad (but limited) subject, whereas Batman gave it a sharper focus.

I was very underwhelmed when I first watched ZC, but I think it was my own preconceptions as to what I'd be watching. I watched it again tonight and enjoyed it about 70% more than the first time. Now I'm fairly happy with it. If nothing else, I am glad the subject was such a stylistic departure from Bats.

Biased as I am, I still think that FanEditors getting together for such a project is exciting and very positive for the community. I believe that future Consecution projects will only get better.
Agreed. Some subjects may suit the format, and some may not...but I daresay we will always get something interesting out of each volume. And if nothing else, they are great fun to be a part of. I for one can't wait 'til the next one.

For me Zombie Consecution stands-out for the discovery of a great talent in Blueyoda.
Truer words never spoken.

Also Uncanny's uncanny talent for continually producing such awesome FanEdits.
You're too kind. :)

Finally, I hope that the next Consecution will be a genre that is less limiting.
It's funny, zombies are a wide open field, but actually leave much less room for individuality due to the nature of the films. Just how many zombies films really set themselves apart? Very few.

So, when's the votin' start for round 3? ;)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have pretty much the same feelings on this as Mollo and Antman. I havent commented on all the shorts yet, becuase I've been so involved with the project for a long time. I think that no matter what, number 2 would have had some trouble because of the sophomore hype and the trouble meeting expectations.

And also, I do think that zombies were not the best choice. While there is a ton of material, how different are the movies? They are mostly pretty linear and predictable, which is where a lot of the shorts went. I don't want to poo-poo the project at all, so don't get me wrong there. I think that the edits are all good, its just a different experience for me. And yes, I absolutely adored Blueyoda and Uncanny Antman's shorts. They were exactly what we needed here.

And I will sound like a broken record here. The best thing about this project is still the unity we have here at this website. To bring editors together from all over the world to discuss films and create a product like this is truly special, and it will continue.

As for the next consecution. I have been talking with boon a lot about this over the last few months, and we are going to go about it smart and slow. You can read a bit more here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=5527

And a B I G thank you to everyone involved in this. I had a lot off fun :)

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mollo said:
For me Zombie Consecution stands-out for the discovery of a great talent in Blueyoda.

Uncanny Antman said:
Truer words never spoken.

ThrowgnCpr said:
I absolutely adored Blueyoda and Uncanny Antman's shorts. They were exactly what we needed here.

That's very nice to hear, especially after the lukewarm reception of my True Romance fanedit.

I must say I'm a bit surprised by all the negative comments about the overall quality of this consecution. Even though I myself complained about the lack of originality of some of the shorts in my review (which I hope didn't hurt anyone's feelings), I actually prefered this consecution to the Batman one and will certainly re-watch my favorite ones a couple of times.

Can't wait to contribute to the third volume.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for posting that Mollo. i will try to get the rest of the shorts up on Vimeo soon.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And here's mine.

[vimeo:2eoj9uv7]

I cheated though; it's an extended version.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for posting those guys. Sorry for my delayed start on this. Here is my short. I'm limited to the amount of video I can upload per week, so I put this on my account. I can still upload one or two to the fanedit.org account this week yet. More to follow soon.

[vimeo:2dwnovyr]

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and here is 3Raz0rs "Diary of a Dying Man"

[vimeo:2ccy2uta]

Top Bottom