• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Your Favourite Faneditors?

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone, after watching quite a lot of fanedits I have picked out my favourite faneditors of all time.

5. @"Conrad MacIntyre"
4. @"AD_Phoenix"
3. @"macmilln"
2. @"Bobson Dugnutt"
And of course
1. @"jamesianozi" (the master of Back To The Futute: The Reality Cut)

Who are your favourite faneditors?

Does your Dad know he didn't make the list?

I was tempted to only list problematic editors here, but then I realized that would be terribly unfunny.

So anyways, some favorite editors that come to mind....
@"FireMerk", @"CathyFulcherBaker", @"lantern51", @"Bobson Dugnutt", and @"ChemaVillalba"
There's definitely other good ones, everyone here is great. As I said, these just came to mind first.

I agree, everyone here is great, but the ones I picked are people who really stand out for me, and who make very unique edits.

jrWHAG42 said:
I was tempted to only list problematic editors here, but then I realized that would be terribly unfunny.

So anyways, some favorite editors that come to mind....
@"FireMerk", @"CathyFulcherBaker", @"lantern51", @"Bobson Dugnutt", and @"ChemaVillalba"
There's definitely other good ones, everyone here is great. As I said, these just came to mind first.

Thank you so much! I haven't even technically completed an edit yet? But this keeps me motivated to continue to work hard...

lantern51 said:
Thank you so much! I haven't even technically completed an edit yet? But this keeps me motivated to continue to work hard...

You may not have completed an edit, but your ability to take criticism, and your willingness to learn new skills to make your edit the best possible quality, and your general politeness make me enjoy your presence and want to watch anything you make.

I'd echo jrWHAG42, any editor who is open to becoming better, helpful to others, pleasant in communication and is patient to ensure quality over quantity fits the bill of a great editor to me. Far too often I think we can get caught up with the idea that quantity of released edits is what being a good faneditor is. This may be the case over a period of time, but remember that perhaps the greatest faneditor of all, Adywan, has essentially released two fanedits in the last 12-15 years. To me, faneditors who continually push themselves to develop new skills through their editing are the most impressive and inspiring. It's the editor and edit that makes me go, "Wow, I didn't known you could do that." That's what keeps me going in this ob-hobby-session.

TMBTM & BionicBob for me. I love the way they think outside the box for their edits. Hugely enjoyable.

DigModiFicaTion said:
I'd echo jrWHAG42, any editor who is open to becoming better, helpful to others, pleasant in communication and is patient to ensure quality over quantity fits the bill of a great editor to me. Far too often I think we can get caught up with the idea that quantity of released edits is what being a good faneditor is. This may be the case over a period of time, but remember that perhaps the greatest faneditor of all, Adywan, has essentially released two fanedits in the last 12-15 years. To me, faneditors who continually push themselves to develop new skills through their editing are the most impressive and inspiring. It's the editor and edit that makes me go, "Wow, I didn't known you could do that." That's what keeps me going in this ob-hobby-session.

You and TM2YC have been great. Not only do I enjoy your edits, but you both have been great coaches too!

Thanks @"SonofSinbad". That's very kind of you to say.

I have really liked @"Ryantology"'s work. Also the fellow who did the Star Trek/Twilight Zone edits -- those were great.

What I have most enjoyed is those who have the time and inclination to watch and give feedback to others. I am horrendous at this. All the more so now that I am a homeschool dad. This thread makes me want to be a better *contributor* to this community.

Imma get on that.

Mentors and friends like @"bionicbob" , @"LastSurvivor" , @"lapis molari" , rising stars like @"Bobson Dugnutt"  and people who aren't around much anymore but whose work were crucial in inspiring me to get into the field like @"ADigitalMan"  and @"boon23"

Garp said:
TMBTM & BionicBob for me. I love the way they think outside the box for their edits. Hugely enjoyable.

Couldn't agree more.  There's a lot of talented people on this forum - a lot of whom I have yet to discover - but when push comes to shove I would probably go for TMBTMBionicBob.  Both of them have inspired me to no end.  I would also put a mention in for some editors who aren't on the forum much these days... such as ADigitalMan,  BlueYoda and Gatos

There are loads more I am missing out too.. and I really do need to watch more fanedits ;)

lantern51 said:
You and TM2YC have been great. Not only do I enjoy your edits, but you both have been great coaches too!

Thank you for the kind words lantern. TM2YC did the review for my first edit and really set the tone for what an editor should strive for and how to build up the community. Definitely a top tier individual and editor. I've loved seeing people push the envelope of what I thought was possible or to produce a fanmix that revitalizes the source material. I'd agree with LastSurvivor that bionicbob has produced some incredible work. His Star Trek edits presented in a tv style format have really inspired me. TMBTM also shook my editing brain when I saw The War of the Stars and its sequel. Hal remains an ever constant beacon of quality control for me. rb who inspired me to take on Thor with his pruned edit of GOTG2. Adywan, ,well you all know about him. There are so many more that I could list that have inspired me in some way or another.

Some of the edits in @"kerr" 's BotFA Arkenstone edition blew my mind. The sort where I'd probably think "It's not possible to fix that", yet he found ways to do it. The kind of edits were 1 frame earlier, or 1 frame later it wouldn't work but those exact edits are seamless. His fanedits are quality assured.

^I love kerr's editing. Especially his book edits of LotR. Without Kerr, I'd never have tried to rewatch Revenge of the Sith. Q2's The Fall of the Jedi trilogy also made the prequels more palatable. I also forgot about njvc. Raiders of the Lost Skull didn't quite save Indy 4 (can anything really?), but it certainly made it a lot better and his lean approach to the Dark Knight Trilogy had some great cuts that I had never considered or thought would work.

Conrad MacIntyre said:
I have really liked @"Ryantology"'s work. Also the fellow who did the Star Trek/Twilight Zone edits -- those were great.

Seriously honored! Thank you so much for the shoutout.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom