• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Your favorite games

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Half-Life. Modded the hell out of it. We all did. That was the beauty. Same with Diablo 2 and Command & Conquer series.

Dulcorate

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pathologic and skyrim. Skyrim is a stupid game but for some reason, it feels so good to spend a couple of meaningless hours there.

AllenTheAlien

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The strange thing is back in the '90 I was infatuated with a game called Bloodstone: An Epic Dwarven Tale. Played for quite a long time, maybe around a year. A lovely and brutal RPG. You can live your life however you like it. Even your companion can go on an adventure on its own. Sometimes meeting them in another city or another camp which are different from when we part.
Didn't finish it back then, and lost my copy. suddenly around the 2010s, I found it on the abandonware site, feeling excited, I played it again. And, somehow manage to finish it.
A fond memory of it, being a dwarf and how the perspective of other races impact how you are treated.

OlivusPrime

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I composed a top 50 favourite games list last year - here are my top 10:
  1. Burnout Paradise (PS3)
  2. Rayman 2: The Great Escape (PSX)
  3. Metroid Prime (GCN)
  4. Super Metroid (SNES)
  5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PSX)
  6. Perfect Dark (N64)
  7. CTR: Crash Team Racing (PSX)
  8. Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB)
  9. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
  10. Unreal Tournament (PC)
All have very different reasons for being up there, but I've had incredible fun with all 10.

Burnout Paradise almost felt like another home in my teenage years - used to spend hours driving around and doing stunts whilst mulling over life in my head. It's still a happy place to go back to when I need space or just fancy some chill me-time.

Rayman 2 is probably the game which appeals most to my sensibilities stylistically and functionally. Hot damn, if a modding community ever blew up for this game, I'd be there in a flash. The PSX version is my favourite both because it's the one I grew up with and because it has my favourite balance of features of all the versions (not to mention I don't think it gets the respect it deserves).

I'll always hold up Metroid Prime as the best game I've ever played on a qualitative level. I think this game gets right everything that a developer should strive for in a game. It plays out very differently in storytelling and gameplay depending upon each player's approach to it, which is how I think video games should really be - they should feel like a unique experience to everyone who plays them.

In particular, I picked up Perfect Dark for the first time last year, and I'm still enjoying the hell out of it. Kind of gutted I didn't get it until after the COVID lockdowns and my flatmate had moved out, as before then we'd have incredible 4-player nights each weekend on a variety of games (including the above CTR). Those Perfect Agent missions are a bitch but I'm determined to beat them on original hardware!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've really gone off games in recent years. I like long, in-depth single player experiences to get lost in. I've never had any time for online multiplayer games and I hate in-game movies to an intense degree and modern games are absolutely full of both. If I want to play I game, I want to play it, not watch a game designer's pathetic attempts to be Scorsese :LOL: . So most of these are from the 1990s, sorry for being a Luddite.

- Fallout 3/4/New Vegas (2008 - 2015) - I can't really choose which one is best but I've lost months of my life exploring the wasteland.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004) - All the GTA games after this have been a massive inferior disappointment
- Dune II: Battle for Arrakis (1992) - The RTS OG still plays well but I've never beat that final mission to this day.
- Blade Runner (1997) - The best ever game-to-movie experience in terms of putting you in the world. The way the story plays slightly differently every time keeps it re-playable.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2011) - I replayed this endlessly til I'd got every achievement and beat every difficulty level. So many ways to approach each problem and level.
- Prince of Persia (1989) - I love the puzzles and timing of the action but the boss sword fights were very difficult.
- Cannon Fodder (1993) - A Sensible software Amiga war classic. Loved the theme tune.
- Max Payne 3 (2012) - This felt like old-skool punishing difficulty, which I actually enjoyed. Played through on every difficulty level, building up my in game skills. I must of died 10,000 times every level before I completed it.
- Mega-Lo-Mania (1991) - Hilariously entertaining game of playing god.
- Flashback (1992) - A super cool update of Prince of Persia to a Blade Runner-esque future.
- Simon the Sorcerer (1993) - I always rated this over Monkey Island. I laughed myself sick. They made a voiced version later on, avoid it. It's well done but it's funnier making up the comedy voices in your head.
- Lemmings (1991) - A total classic in every way.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009) - All the sequels were never as good, they don't have that feel of being Batman. Of slowly stalking your prey from the shadows.
- Red Dead Redemption (2010) - I loved this world so much I'd often not use the fast travel option just so I could ride my horse around looking and listening to it and soaking up the old-west atmosphere.
- Tomb Raider 2 (1997) - Until the reboot, I don't think any of the other games got the formula this good.
- Tomb Raider (2013) - The combat system in this game is perfection and I've never played a game that did a bow and arrow this well. I'd often continue using the b&a weapon even if I was hopelessly outnumbered by gun toting enemies, just 'cause I loved it.
- Rogue Trooper (2006) - Most fps allow you to carry ridiculous amounts of weaponry but this 2000AD classic is the only one where you feel like a legitimate "one man army". You can't beat those moments where you've secretly laid mines to the north, placed your rifle down as an auto turret to the east, then detonate explosives to the west, activate the turret and pick off the panicking enemy survivors, from behind cover from the south with your pistol.
- Jane's AH-64D Longbow (1996) - The only flight simulator I got into. It came with an instruction manual larger than most novels. The graphics look so basic now but I played this until I was a four star general or something.
- Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf (1992) - The opposite of 'Jane's AH-64D Longbow'. A brilliantly fun arcade helicopter shooter.
- Unreal Tournament (1999) - I don't know what it is about this one that makes it play so perfectly against the AI. It's some alchemy between the maps, the speed of the combat, the weapon options that other arena shooters and Unreal sequels can't match.
- Aliens versus Predator (1999) - The only truly great AvP game. What this game knew (and none of the games after have realised) is that the key to making the aliens a terrifying foe is not scripted attacks, it's just endless spawning and finite ammo. It forces you to play the game quicker than you'd like for comfort and safety. I got so scared once I fell off my chair. The graphics still look decent enough 23-years later, in 1999 I had to build a new PC to get it to run at a decent framerate.
- Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (1998) - I loved the careful planning, tactics and timing you had to use to solve these espionage puzzles. Plus sometimes random luck could allow you skip ahead a few moves, or random bad luck could force you to improvise to save the whole operation.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (1997) - Possibly the best Star Wars game ever and the awful (even at the time) graphics could do nothing to dim that sense of emersion in the universe. I could never decide what was best, the heroic feeling of being a noble Jedi Knight, or just the simple pleasures of taking out enemies with your evil Sith force powers.
- Interstate '76 (1997) - The funky 70s soundtrack, the customisable car combat and the possibilities of insane high speed and high altitude car accidents made this such a treat.

Last edited:

Unseen61

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im full strategy - Total War Franchise and all Paradox games (and some Assassin's Creeds). I learn history a lot and always try to visualize it through Games and Movies OFC !

PS. BLESS THE MODDERS

OlivusPrime

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've really gone off games in recent years. I like long, in-depth single player experiences to get lost in. I've never had any time for online multiplayer games and I hate in-game movies to an intense degree and modern games are absolutely full of both. If I want to play I game, I want to play it, not watch a game designer's pathetic attempts to be Scorsese :LOL: . So mus of these are from the 1990s, sorry for being a Luddite.

- Fallout 3/4/New Vegas (2008 - 2015) - I can't really choose which one is best but I've lost months of my life exploring the wasteland.
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004) - All the GTA games after this have been a massive inferior disappointment
- Dune II: Battle for Arrakis (1992) - The RTS OG still plays well but I've never beat that final mission to this day.
- Blade Runner (1997) - The best ever game-to-movie experience in terms of putting you in the world. The way the story plays slightly differently every time keeps it re-playable.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2011) - I replayed this endlessly til I'd got every achievement and beat every difficulty level. So many ways to approach each problem and level.
- Prince of Persia (1989) - I love the puzzles and timing of the action but the boss sword fights were very difficult.
- Cannon Fodder (1993) - A Sensible software Amiga war classic. Loved the theme tune.
- Max Payne 3 (2012) - This felt like old-skool punishing difficulty, which I actually enjoyed. Played through on every difficulty level, building up my in game skills. I must of died 10,000 times every level before I completed it.
- Mega-Lo-Mania (1991) - Hilariously entertaining game of playing god.
- Flashback (1992) - A super cool update of Prince of Persia to a Blade Runner-esque future.
- Simon the Sorcerer (1993) - I always rated this over Monkey Island. I laughed myself sick. They made a voiced version later on, avoid it. It's well done but it's funnier making up the comedy voices in your head.
- Lemmings (1991) - A total classic in every way.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009) - All the sequels were never as good, they don't have that feel of being Batman. Of slowly stalking your prey from the shadows.
- Red Dead Redemption (2010) - I loved this world so much I'd often not use the fast travel option just so I could ride my horse around looking and listening to it and soaking up the old-west atmosphere.
- Tomb Raider 2 (1997) - Until the reboot, I don't think any of the other games got the formula this good.
- Tomb Raider (2013) - The combat system in this game is perfection and I've never played a game that did a bow and arrow this well. I'd often continue using the b&a weapon even if I was hopelessly outnumbered by gun toting enemies, just 'cause I loved it.
- Rogue Trooper (2006) - Most fps allow you to carry ridiculous amounts of weaponry but this 2000AD classic is the only one where you feel like a legitimate "one man army". You can't beat those moments where you've secretly laid mines to the north, placed your rifle down as an auto turret to the east, then detonate explosives to the west, activate the turret and pick off the panicking enemy survivors, from behind cover from the south with your pistol.
- Jane's AH-64D Longbow (1996) - The only flight simulator I got into. It came with an instruction manual larger than most novels. The graphics look so basic now but I played this until I was a four star general or something.
- Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf (1992) - The opposite of 'Jane's AH-64D Longbow'. A brilliantly fun arcade helicopter shooter.
- Unreal Tournament (1999) - I don't know what it is about this one that makes it play so perfectly against the AI. It's some alchemy between the maps, the speed of the combat, the weapon options that other arena shooters and Unreal sequels can't match.
- Aliens versus Predator (1999) - The only truly great AvP game. What this game knew (and none of the games after have realised) is that the key to making the aliens a terrifying foe is not scripted attacks, it's just endless spawning and finite ammo. It forces you to play the game quicker than you'd like for comfort and safety. I got so scared once I fell off my chair. The graphics still look decent enough 23-years later, in 1999 I had to build a new PC to get it to run at a decent framerate.
- Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (1998) - I loved the careful planning, tactics and timing you had to use to solve these espionage puzzles. Plus sometimes random luck could allow you skip ahead a few moves, or random bad luck could force you to improvise to save the whole operation.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (1997) - Possibly the best Star Wars game ever and the awful (even at the time) graphics could do nothing to dim that sense of emersion in the universe. I could never decide what was best, the heroic feeling of being a noble Jedi Knight, or just the simple pleasures of taking out enemies with your evil Sith force powers.
- Interstate '76 (1997) - The funky 70s soundtrack, the customisable car combat and the possibilities of insane high speed and high altitude car accidents made this such a treat.
There are some real favourites of mine in there! Specifically Dune II (or rather, I played Dune 2000 back in the day), Arkham Asylum, Unreal Tournament and Aliens vs Predator.

Blade Runner, Deus Ex, Prince of Persia, Flashback and Tomb Raider 2 are all high on my to-play list. I remember Rogue Trooper coming out and it being hinted as a future cult classic.

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think my favourite game ever was Conker's Bad Fur Day. Utter nonsense and so very british.

I loved the Bioshock games. The second one is pretty underrated.

KOTOR 1 and especially 2. The Last of Us 1 & 2.

Not a big multiplayer gamer these days but I sunk countless hours into Halo 3.

skyblue

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tried the first AC game & did not like it that much. It is probably a good game, it is just not my "cup of tea".
My favorite game of all time is castlevania: symphony of the night.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tried the first AC game & did not like it that much. It is probably a good game, it is just not my "cup of tea".
My favorite game of all time is castlevania: symphony of the night.
Yeah I couldn't get into the first AC either. Doing the wrong thing and having it break the simulation or whatever really took me out of it. I like sci-fi but I think I'd enjoy this more without those aspects. I might have to check out some of the later games though, because there's supposedly amazing.

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I couldn't get into the first AC either. Doing the wrong thing and having it break the simulation or whatever really took me out of it. I like sci-fi but I think I'd enjoy this more without those aspects. I might have to check out some of the later games though, because there's supposedly amazing.
Yeah, I’d recommend the Ezio trilogy. May be nostalgia, but I know lots of other people who consider it the best. Great story, fun characters, and lots of fun weapons and mechanics. However in every game that I’ve played of the series, if you do the wrong thing, you break the simulation or whatever. It’s just a core part of the design, so you may not dig any of the games (earlier ones at least. Haven’t played any of the newer ones with different controls, which is Origins and onward.

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished playing Katana Zero and it is in my top 10 games ever list. Really great. Story, design, color, and mechanics are so good.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just did a first time binge play through of ICO. It's just as mystical and haunting as Shadows of the Colossus and I'd dare say a better game in terms of story telling and characters. Now I'm still not sure, is this the sequel to Shadows of the Colossus? Anyway, a completely fantastic and captivating time. These are the only types of video games (besides low stakes platformers) that I'm ok with giving time to these days. 9.5/10

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just did a first time binge play through of ICO. It's just as mystical and haunting as Shadows of the Colossus and I'd dare say a better game in terms of story telling and characters. Now I'm still not sure, is this the sequel to Shadows of the Colossus? Anyway, a completely fantastic and captivating time. These are the only types of video games (besides low stakes platformers) that I'm ok with giving time to these days. 9.5/10

Then you'll probably like The Last Guardian too, if you haven't played it already. It's the third one in the series (and yes all three games are loosely connected).

fastng

Reaction score
Trophy Points
trials fusion, battlefield 3, killzone 3, dying light, and rainbow six siege up until end of year 4.

brokenworld84

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another tough one to choose but Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Halo 2 but the list could be long so I’ll stop at 3 :)

Holpua

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorite game is The Witcher 3 - the storyline - interesting, with choices, with different endings. And you can both run it for 50 hours, and go deeper into the world and explore it, spending 200 hours.
Quests - a huge amount. I went through this game completely 6-7 times (and the first two on a pirate; yes, so I like it), and I every time I found something new. Completely pass all at once is unreal.

Sin Pausa

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
there are many to mention.
but most of the time I find myself thinking about The Phantom Pain and Arkham Knight.
playing those 2, got me engaged like no other games and console generation had before... and after completing both, I feel parts of the gamer in me died haha

Top Bottom