• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

X-men: Trilogy or Requiem War?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Both are done by Wraith and both sound similar.
Normally I'd just watch them both but since they are 3+ hrs each I was wondering which is the "better" place to start.
Requiem War has better reviews but Trilogy is more recent.
Any input would be appreciated.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
the trilogy edit are trims to each movie.

requiem war is one re-edited story.

so i guess it is how you would like to see it :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the clarification joebshmoe. I suppose that I could have read through and compared all the edits but didnt want to spoil the plot.

Perhaps there should be a more detailed explanation for potential viewers that better differentiates the 2 since they are so similar sounding (same editor, similar running time, same sources, etc).

I opted for "trilogy" since it was newer, I figured it would be more fluid since the editor had more experience w/ the source material.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it is actually not newer. Both are from the same time, they were just uploaded one after the other.
And yes, I agree that the info is still not great at all. But that's what I got from wraith. It will have to suffice.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Out of the two I opted requiem war, but when I did watch it I stopped around the time the 3rd movie kicked in. I think 1 & 2 work extremely well as one narrative. I need to get around to watching that last hour, but I think edits or not, it's still going to be hard to watch.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i just got this today. had to split it in half in order to fit it on to two dvd's. which is okay. ill be writing up a review for this soon.

veggieguy12

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I opted for the "Requiem War" - y'know, to see more of a difference from viewing all three movies sequentially in a shorter time (which would be the Trilogy edit).

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched Requiem War. I have to say that it is pretty awesome. I definitely enjoyed the way the editing was for the edit. I enjoy The Last Stand portion as well. Since it seems like a lot of the fluff of Last Stand was removed.

Dethryl

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Even trimmed, I suspected I would not care for each movie, so I went for Requiem War and was not disappointed. It actually made me like the movies for the first time!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all., well for those of you that enjoyed Requiem War, I update last year with near in 79 changes ...many suggested by fellow editors and viewed... I also took the opportunity to add material from 3 newer X amen movies and changed the ending too....in order to set up two new X men edits I've got planned, PM me if you are interested...
W

Last edited:

orphan9

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I suggest Requiem War only because it sequences the movies in a manner that makes sense, given how the narrative of the first two coincided. Taking out large parts of the first movie actually worked because it demonstrated that a lot of it was a distraction from the REAL story, which was about Wolverine making his way through the X-men.

If anything, I think there is a fan edit out there that would try and work through the entire Wolverine story in order, because his story through the entire universe is really engaging.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HA HA....you just gave away my planned sequels to Requiem War :) which WILL get an HD upgrade to match the forthcoming edits:
X-Men: Wolverine's War
X-Men: ...at War

These edits will use material from all the Xmen franchise movies.

Threads will follow in due course, but right now, I'm working on the UNAMED project.

VERsingthegamez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
HA HA....you just gave away my planned sequels to Requiem War :) which WILL get an HD upgrade to match the forthcoming edits:

Threads will follow in due course, but right now, I'm working on the UNAMED project.
looking forward to it (y)

VERsingthegamez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ETA Xmas...I need to take a break after UNAMED.
Man that is a long way away RIP. But considering Marvel aint going to be doing anything good anytime soon might be worth it. 🤷‍♂️

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Could be sooner, I'm just all edited out right now..This current one is really taking from a narrative perspective and The Godfather was suppose to be simple, and that went bonkers....

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Super excited for this news!

Top Bottom