• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

X-Men: The Dark Stand

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will be uploading the latest and probably final revision today.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Y'know, it just occurred to me that the chronological viewing order for this ought to be

1. X-Men: First Class
2. X-Men: The Dark Stand
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like a very ambitious project. Awesome that you got so much from people outside of the forum. Good luck with this!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like a very ambitious project. Awesome that you got so much from people outside of the forum. Good luck with this!
Thanks. It does help I had an existing workprint that could help with the re-build, and putting out there early did get some good feelers at the time, and of course also inspired another edit entirely from someone else!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Erm guys, you can move this out of ITW now, it's on the IFDB

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why is this STILL in In-The-Works?

Somebody talk to me for Christ's sake

Last edited:

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
4ea.jpg
Did someone say something…?

:p

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No need to get upset. We didn't see your post.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No need to get upset. We didn't see your post.
Sorry, some issues I have are starting to build up and I'm quite paranoid by nature. I'll talk to you over in PMs about it.

Last edited:

TheSpiedSniper

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a neat concept. So without watching it... can I assume my boy Cyclops has a less cucked roll in this film? If so, I've got to give it a shot lol.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a neat concept. So without watching it... can I assume my boy Cyclops has a less cucked roll in this film? If so, I've got to give it a shot lol.
He's not in it all that much after the DP stuff, but at least he gets the girl at the end!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got more feedback from someone who requested the link, their thoughts were that they didn't 'love it' but did admire how ambitious it was. Their problem was the disposition between characters wasn't all that consistent throughout the movies.

(sigh) I'm really bummed. I was really proud of this edit.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
(sigh) I'm really bummed. I was really proud of this edit.
I don't know what they said, but you made progress. That's a good thing. Apply the feedback to your next edit or address it in this edit.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's what the feedback I got in the DM said.

I found the characters didn't really maintain the same disposition between movies, Magneto and Jean's relationship for example

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A review of it and suggestions for improvement over on Original Trilogy from user AshokaTheChosenOne:

I just finished watching the Dark Stand, and I enjoyed it. The way you included the flashbacks from Apocalypse was cool. This edit revealed the narrative of Charles becoming a bad guy and how Jean losing control of her powers sent Mutant and Human relationships back. What might improve the narrative even more is finding a way to resolve the tension between Jean and Charles, not necessarily in a good way, but maybe you could return the scene where Jean kills Charles. You probably took that out because Charles is alive in Logan, so maybe that wouldn’t work. But if there was some way to bring the relationship full circle at the end, I think it would help. Perhaps the scene where she kills Charles could be played as a mental battle? I don’t know if you need the monologue or the scenes with Jean in the medical bay or the scene with the Cyclops at the end. Maybe instead of bringing her back to like, you can use the shot of the Phoenix flying at the end of Dark Phoenix.

I kinda wish there was a little more included with Wolverine’s origin and how he became part of the X- Men because, as it is now, it seems like he randomly becomes the main character, and it seems out of left field to me. I like how you took out the romance between Wolverine and Jean, though. Also, since no one in the X-Men is supposed to have seen Jean in years, Wolverine seems too emotionally invested in her before he kills her. Maybe you could cut out more dialogue between them in that last scene, but that could make him seem heartless. Maybe you could replace the dialogue with a flashback to the scene where Jean restores his memories maybe?

I think for Magneto. Maybe you should edit to wear Jean stays with Magneto in the Dark Phoenix portion of the movie. That way, it’s less confusing when he talks to her later in the woods in the Last Stand portion. To make it seem like he took her in then and there. You could put the newscast about Mutants being arrested in stuff after she attacks the cops and kills Mystique, and also makes it seem like Magneto never became a pacifist. And I don’t know if this is worth including, but maybe you could add the scene from Apocalypse where Magneto’s family is killed?

I think the final battle could use some editing. Jean’s supposed to be this all-powerful being, but she just stands there the whole time. Magneto’s emo squad and Angel could be minimized a little more. I like how you included Angel’s story in the beginning and gave his dad motivation to make the cure, but after that, I don’t know how important they are, and I think they could be taken out of the final battle altogether. I don’t think the story with Rogue and Bobby is that important, either, since they’re not at the film’s beginning.

I like how you are trying to give this movie a happy ending, but I think the story might work better as a tragedy and would lead to Logan more effectively. That being said, you’re an editing genius. These movies tie together better than I ever thought they would. Thanks for putting in all the effort to make this. I will watch X-Men movies like this from now on, First Class, Days of Future Past, and then the Dark Stand. Thanks again. You’re a real talent.

Top Bottom