• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

X-Men: Requiem Wars

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
X MEN REQUIEM WAR VERSION 3.21
by Wraith

This is an ultimate re-cut of the X-Men Trilogy to make these characters closer to the comics and darker in nature. Cheesy lines were removed throughout, needless exposition was removed, dialogue trimmed for pace and repetitions were removed.

Original film names:X-men, Xmen2 or X men United and X men 3 or Xmen the Last Stand
new film name : X-Men: Requiem War (XRW)
film studio name : 20th Century Fox
edit crew name : Wraith
Date Original Film Was Released : 2001/2003/2006
Date Edit Was Released : March 2008 v3.21 Jan 2009
Original Runtime : 100min/128min/99min = 327min
New Runtime : 196 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 131 min / added 21 min

FINAL STATS for Requiem War V3.21
X1 was 100 min, used 31 min, cut 69 min
X2 was 128 min, used 71 min, cut 57 min
x3 was 99 min, used 58 min, cut 41 min
Deleted Scenes used 16 min
New/reworked scenes 20 min

TOTAL was 327 min
TOTAL is 196 min

Cuts removed/added/extended =2
0: XRW has 7 completely new scenes constructed to move the story on or combine multiple scenes to create a new drive, conclusion or eliminate duplication and redundancy
These scenes are (in no particular order for you to enjoy their appearance).

* - A 2 new Cerbro Sequences
* - A new ending
* - A new climax (not at the end)
* - A reworked crowd scene
* - A new chat between major characters
* - New title sequence

The intention for this fanedit was to make these characters closer to the comics and darker in nature.
Cheesy lines removed throughout, needless exposition removed, dialogued trimmed for pace and repetitions removed.
Plot thread reworked and some dropped completely. Motivations tweaked.

This was achieved as follows:

* - the Rogue/Bobby sub plot love story is removed
* - the train station attack and Ellis Island attack in X1 removed.
* - Magneto starts of in jail...we don't need to know why (you will see how it's made to work)
* - Also Mystique attacks upfront so that the senator is already her at the senate in X.
* - The movie opens with X 3 opening and unused titles constructed from scratch.
* - Angel subplot removed (but he is in it???...sorry not telling)
* - Selected deleted scenes and new sequences were inserted to allow for better pacing or character development.
* - Deleted scenes were finished off with sound effects and music where needed and aspect ratio corrected (where required)
* - NOT all deleted scenes were used (I want to
* tell a story, not cram all footage together for the sake of it)
* - More music and unused cues were inserted to make certain scenes less empty
* - Biggest headaches were the transitions between films which have been smoothed in a number of ways....(you need to watch to see how)
* - No scene was left untouched.
* - There are over 500 edits

Time needed for this edition: 14 months and 1 marriage (joke)

Persons involved: ME

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone see this yet? It sounds awesome, I'd just like to know if there are any hard cuts or tech issues.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you could read the first post, rbms. Torrent to follow soon.
(I am yet waiting on the cover art for this release)

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
Has anyone see this yet? It sounds awesome, I'd just like to know if there are any hard cuts or tech issues.

I just finished it. Quite enjoyable all in all. The few minor things I noticed were these...

1) audio pop @ 3:22
2) hard cut @ 39:20
3) there is something that just seems weird @ 39:55
4) appears to have a couple of "dropped frames" @ 50:53
5) digi warbel @ 64:15
6) picture shifts @ 158:50

... all in all very minor and doesn't detract from enjoying this edit. I'd give it a 4.5 of 5. Good job wraith!

ss4johnny

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been able to download every other part except 33. Could someone please verify if there are any problems with downloading that, particularly if you're not a premium member. Thanks for the help.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
part33 is fine.
clear your temp files, restart your computer, download to a different location.

ss4johnny

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, restarting helped (though it was curious that I didn't have a problem with any of the other files).

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it just happens.
Usually it is your connection that messes it up by a timeout. Or maybe something completely different. It just happens.

ss4johnny

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This one appears to be PAL, should I assume that the other one is as well? Man do I need a region-free DVD player.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All fanedits are region free...PAL/NTSC are the picture format.

ss4johnny

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought it was a pretty good edit in terms of plot and story. I'm glad that it cut the most out of x-men 1 and followed by 3, 2 was my favorite. The only thing I really liked out of 3 was Ellen Page, so if I want to watch her, I figure I may as well watch Juno. Besides her, you keep most of what is needed to tell the story there and I like the scenes added from 2 that give more scenes to the Phoenix transformation.

One thing that concerned me was the timeline for when they try to perform the prison break. You make it appear that the woman Magneto finds at the mutant meeting he will use to find either the boy or Rogue, but it just makes more sense that he can find Mystique and I'm not really sure what you accomplish by changing up that part of the timeline.

Outside of that, I had some problems around 3:02 or 3:03. Not sure if anyone else had that.

ben_danger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hi, just watched this edit. first off i think the mesh between 1 and 2 is fantastic. i really liked the opening to 3 being at the overall beginning, and the mix between logans story in 1 with magneto from 2.

the transition between 2 and 3 is quite difficult. i understand its quite tough as 3 brings up alot of different subjects, styles and characters than the first 2.

i dont know if these would work, but heres some ideas (youve probably already considered these, but here they are)

+ mixing the muisc from 3 into the earlier parts of the film.
+ putting elements of magnetos storyline from 3 during the transition of 2-3 to make it seem like time has passed between jeans death/rebirth
+ putting beast, leech and the cure earlier in the film so the 3rd part doesnt seem to be a seperate part, but more of a 3rd act.
+ the kids from 3 making more of an appearance ealrier (if possible)

i reckon if you released a version 2, with the 3rd film possibly looked at more, and maybe focusing it around a more specific character/subject I would give this 5/5 as oppose to 4/5. i truly enjoyed the edit, so thanks for 3 hours of fun!:)

edit: forgot to mention the ending (without giving it away) enjoyed the clever use of scenes.:)

abdecken5

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this sounds so tantalizing!

May i ask if anyone still plans to make a torrent of this fanedit sometime or should i just start visiting rapid share on an hourly basis? lol

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A xvid avi version of this fanedit is torrented.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WRAITH HERE, and version 3.21 is coming this week (if I can upload)....Have taken on board most of the comments and made many changes which should please you all...keep watching...time to move to a new thread( just added 3.21 as a topic)

I will give a detailed breakdown of the changes soon..

WRAITH

mystory64

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wraith said:
WRAITH HERE, and version 3.21 is coming this week (if I can upload)....Have taken on board most of the comments and made many changes which should please you all...keep watching...time to move to a new thread( just added 3.21 as a topic)

I will give a detailed breakdown of the changes soon..

WRAITH

Right on!!! Cant wait!!!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ALL....V 3 COMING THIS WEEKEND

MANY MANY thanks to your comments and dedication.

First APOLS for the delay in posting Version 3.21......you have all been watching version 2.

V3 incorporates many earlier comments and corrects may minor problems. The comments below will be addressed in a furture version 4, but for now I have other edits, begining with the complete Sta Wars triple comparison.

I am already uploading to RapidShare version 3.21 DL of requiem war. The first hour has a big overhaul. Many scenes changed and re-ordered, but the biggest change is the complete resequencing of the X2 to x3 transition to try to make it less obvious. It could probably still need a tweak given the below ideas, but I welcome all comments.

The DL and SL versions should be up by Sunday, and X men Trilogy version 3 will also be up asap.

I trust you will enjoy this even more. If you see the WRAITH THX log then it is version 3...plus it says so on the menu.

Many thanks for your patience

WRAITH

Top Bottom