• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

X-Men: Days of Future Past: The Rogueless Cut

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
f8QXOs4.png

5liM21N.png

A somewhat simple edit removing Rogue entirely from the "Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut" so that the move can breath easier with one less subplot. I always felt like it was nice to see Rogue again, but that she was entirely pointless to the main plot of the film and it sorta dragged. This will be the basis for a deeper edit of the film I'll be making down the line which aims to cut more fat from the Rogue Cut.

CUTLIST:
·      Replaced Iceman and Prof X talking about going to get Rogue with the Theatrical Version of them talking about waking Wolverine up
·      Cut Magneto and Iceman breaking into the X-Mansion to get Rogue with Iceman subsequently dying and Magneto bringing her back and swapping out Kitty
·      Cut Wolverine saying Rogue when he wakes up in bed
·      Restored Magneto breaking into the Pentagon to where it was in the Theatrical Cut. It was intercut with future Magneto and Iceman going to get Rogue, but since that was cut, so was this. 
·      Replaced many shots of Rogue standing over Wolverine with theatrical shots of Kitty
·      Replaced Magneto being pulled through the door by Kitty with Blink opening a portal behind him
·      Added back Iceman fighting off the Sentinels and dying in the process. This was cut from the Rogue Cut as he had died earlier already in the X-Mansion

Rogue Cut Runtime - 148 minutes
Rogueless Cut Runtime - 143 minutes

[align=center]

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe I should know this already but how is this different from the Theatrical cut?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
Maybe I should know this already but how is this different from the Theatrical cut?

While marketed just as adding in Rogue, it also adds in other extended scenes not involving her. This adds all those extended scenes, minus the Rogue subplot.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting idea. I had always thought the Rogue cut to be superior in terms of narrative, however I missed the theatrical lines between Logan and Hank that had been replaced (Do I make it?....No). I'll have to see how this one flows.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You know, I had the idea to do this way back when I saw the Rogue Cut, and never did it because...well...I never bought the Rogue Cut. But I thought the whole time I was watching it that all the other new scenes improved the movie, but the Rogue subplot itself dragged things down.

I might have to order it from Amazon now just to see how this edit turns out!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will you also add the Rogue subplot into the theatrical cut, sans any other changes?
If so, call it X-Men: Days of Future Past: De Rogueur Cut. That would be really cool.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:

As already stated it adds some new material from the Rogue Cut, except Rogue herself. It's got a whole heap of new lines, shots, scenes. The standout is Mystique coming back to the X-Mansion and having a chat with Beast and smashing Cerebro. Movie Censorships has a good rundown of the added stuff. 

DigModiFicaTion said:
Interesting idea. I had always thought the Rogue cut to be superior in terms of narrative, however I missed the theatrical lines between Logan and Hank that had been replaced (Do I make it?....No). I'll have to see how this one flows.

The same line shows up earlier in the Rogue Cut, but I agree that it works better in the climax. The scene where it is in the Theatrical Cut kind of just cuts it out awkwardly. 

ChainsawAsh said:
You know, I had the idea to do this way back when I saw the Rogue Cut, and never did it because...well...I never bought the Rogue Cut. But I thought the whole time I was watching it that all the other new scenes improved the movie, but the Rogue subplot itself dragged things down.

I might have to order it from Amazon now just to see how this edit turns out!

She really does just grind the movie to a halt just to have a reason to have her there. Most of the other new material is great though, hence the creation of this edit. 

And if you are going to buy the film from Amazon, you can use "link removed" and somehow the admins get a small kickback that helps keep the site running. I don't know how it works, but it just does. 

addiesin said:
Will you also add the Rogue subplot into the theatrical cut, sans any other changes?
If so, call it X-Men: Days of Future Past: De Rogueur Cut. That would be really cool.

de rigueur
/də rɪˈɡəː/
adjective
required by etiquette or current fashion.
Like the Reverse Rogue Cut? That's not a bad name also. I could do that actually...

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy crap I had no idea something like that Amazon kickback existed! Will use from now on

EDIT: Does it work for Amazon.co.uk?

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
And if you are going to buy the film from Amazon, you can use "link removed" and somehow the admins get a small kickback that helps keep the site running. I don't know how it works, but it just does.

Wait, FE has Amazon affiliate linkage? Holy crap, I didn't know that! I've gotta figure out a way to make sure I use it every time I buy a movie from Amazon from here on out...

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
And if you are going to buy the film from Amazon, you can use "link removed" and somehow the admins get a small kickback that helps keep the site running. I don't know how it works, but it just does.

Hold on your horses everyone. @"Bobson Dugnutt", who or where from did you get this information?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's good to see a resurgence in X-Men edits again.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to admit, I've never seen the Rogue cut. I bought it on Blu-ray because the Theatrical/Rogue combo was only $1 more than the theatrical alone but I've not watched either cut since the purchase.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
And if you are going to buy the film from Amazon, you can use "link removed" and somehow the admins get a small kickback that helps keep the site running. I don't know how it works, but it just does.

Masirimso17 said:
Holy crap I had no idea something like that Amazon kickback existed! Will use from now on

theryaney said:
Hold on your horses everyone. @"Bobson Dugnutt", who or where from did you get this information?

I verified with reave and throwgncpr and we do NOT have an associate account with Amazon. We used to years ago but Amazon cancelled it and we never tried to reinstate it, so that link is bogus. FE.org does not get anything from it.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I verified with reave and throwgncpr and we do NOT have an associate account with Amazon. We used to years ago but Amazon cancelled it and we never tried to reinstate it, so that link is bogus. FE.org does not get anything from it.

Sorry for the confusion, I had assumed it was still up and running beacuse the database still generates those links if you click the Amazon button and I had seen it mentioned in passing in older forums posts. I do think it may be a good idea to bring it back though as it appears people would love to support the site like that.

davetennisx

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I attempted to make an edit like this after buying the Rogue cut. My plan was to add the extended scenes, but keeping Rogue out and cutting some of Raven's cringy lines like "that's not my name", "what's a matter baby? you don't think I look pretty like this?"

Interested in seeing how this turns out.

Top Bottom