• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

X-Men: Days of Future Past - A Dugnutt Edit

stferguson78 said:
Love the sound of this Bobson, very much a best of both worlds version of the movie’s two cuts. I’ll PM you

I'll shoot you off a PM shortly. 

In the meantime, in the intrest of deleted scenes, I wouldn't include any of the ones from the intial Blu-Ray, except this little piece I found in the Gag Reel. Before Wolverine attacks the mob guys, he says "peaceful thoughts", so that the scene is bookended with the phrase. I restored this ages ago for an extended workprint of the film. Does anyone want to see this little piece back in this cut?

Here's what the clip looked and sounded like in the gag reel, versus my restoration of the scene.

Having just watched this edit, I think it works very well and gives the perfect blend of the theatrical cut, the extended cut and the rogue cut- producing the optimum version possible. As we have all come to expect with Bobson’s top level work, the extra footage is integrated perfectly (at least to my untrained eye). I don’t think the additional think peaceful thoughts line would really add anything. The only additional change that comes to mind is the train scene in which magneto inserts metal into the sentinels- the cgi is very poor & video game like so perhaps a trim here after magneto lands on the train roof and leave the audience with a bit of mystery going into the finale.

For anyone that needs/wants the Taiwainese subtitles to this film (his released Dugnut Cut or his Sentinel Workprint Cut), I put them together for everyone's enjoyment. Feel free to DM me if you want them. You should be able to DM Bobson as well, but I wouldn't want to distract him any more than possible so he can concentrate on his excellent workload.

Finished this fan-edit not too long ago and I think Bobson managed to create as perfect a cut of DOFP without altering/cutting out too much, only the distracting aspects. Genuinely love that he added the "edge of extinction" line from the trailer because it just amplifies how much of a threat the future Sentinels are and how dire the situation is for the mutants even more. Color grading is much better in comparison to the original movie as well imo.

Back
Top Bottom