• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

X-Men continuity cut part 1 (Wolverine and the X-Men )

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wolverineandthexmennewc.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?qhb1ku116nloaou

wolverine and the x-men trailer
[video=youtube_share;bqT0TT612qk]

a TRUE FANEDIT by Leeroy
Wolverine and the x-men charts the journey of wolverine and how he lost his memory before becoming part of the team know as the x-men.

Original film name X-MEN
Film studio name 20th Century Fox
Film release date August 2000
Original runtime 104 minutes
Fanedit release date April 2011
New runtime 99 minutes
Amount of time cut/added 10mins

INTENTION:
The X-Men franchise is perhaps most famous for the continuity errors that have occurred throughout the movies. this edit is to simply address the errors so you can enjoy First Class, X-Men and X2 without any continuity errors. A short film X-Men Origins: Wolverine gives a small glimpse into Wolverines history

CUTLIST:
added new opening titles
added the wolverine Japanese bar scene
x-men cuts
removed magento’s flashback scene (great scene it was remade for the first class film)
removed kitty pryde and pyro
removed Charles’s line about meeting erik when he was 17
removed toad dance
removed what do they call you wheels line
removed sequence in which charles explains to logan what the school is about
removed line about erik helping charles build cerebo
removed notion that xavier didn’t know about magento’s helmet blocking his powers
removed line yellow spandex line
removed storms line about what happens to toad
removed bryan singers flashback scenes and replaced them with scenes from origins
removed scene between logan and jean at the end

x-men origins: wolverine cuts
removed the team x sequences
victor creed no longer goes by that name
kayla no-longer a mutant
victor and logan no longer brothers
wolverine doesn't volunteer for the weapon x programme
everything after agent zero helicopter crash has been cut

SPECIAL THANKS:
Aztek463 for his input and feedback
omaru1982

RELEASE INFORMATION:
DL DVD
AVI

SOURCES YOU MUST OWN
X-Men & X-Men Origins: The Wolverine (avi version)
X-MEN, X-Men Origins: The Wolverine and X-Men: The Last Stand (dl version)

DVD FEATURES
commentary track with cast and crew
X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Wolverine: Part1
[video]

The Wolverine: Part2
[video]

The Wolverine: Part3
[video]

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
leeroy0115 said:
The Wolverine: Part1
[video]

The Wolverine: Part2
[video]

The Wolverine: Part3
[video]
Blocked by FOX on copyright grounds.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moved to True Fanedits.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moved back to "Firstlings" due to technical issues with leeroy's first approved fanedit. If a qualified member of the community can review and approve this, it will go back to True Fanedits. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heads up, you accidentally spelled DeSanto's name wrong at 3:48

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice intro Leeroy. Are you going to be adding the Marvel comic flapping logo at the beginning? Also, when it segways into the the x-men movie is it not quite a few years later? Maybe a small title along with the Meridian, Mississippi one could help a little. ;-)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very clean, crisp intro. I like it very much.
I agree with stankpac on both accounts. Perhaps add the Fox and Marvel logo's before the Wolverine intro, and add "five years later" or no matter how much it may be, beneath the Meridian, Mississippi header?

MERIDIAN, MISSISSIPPI
*** YEARS LATER

:)

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice intro Leeroy. Are you going to be adding the Marvel comic flapping logo at the beginning? Also, when it segways into the the x-men movie is it not quite a few years later? Maybe a small title along with the Meridian, Mississippi one could help a little. ;-)
thanks stankpac / kal-el the 20th century fox / marvel logo are there i just didn't include them when uploading the video. i don't want a pacific time period in place, the reason being is because of the future of the prequels and whether there gonna follow continuity (what's left of it) or reboot, so for instance if the first class sequel includes scott or jean and is still set in the 60's or early 70's and if i put a time period in this edit then there characters would be in there 40's which they clearly aren't.

in the film xavier says to logan it's been 15 years wondering around from place to place etc and i also plan on doing a wolverine edit next year in the style of source code / jacob's ladder but agin it's second guessing what fox are gonna do next with the wolverine film is that a sequel, reboot or even set after the events of x3?

Heads up, you accidentally spelled DeSanto's name wrong at 3:48
goddammitt!!!!

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
leeroy0115 said:
In the film xavier says to logan it's been 15 years wondering around from place to place etc.
Then couldn't you put:

Meridian, Mississippi
15 Years Later

;-)

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice use of that scene from Wolverine! I can't remember if there were subtitles in the movie for that part but if so I would include them. So you have the bartender asking him "Are you drinking to forget?". But anyway that's a cool scene to have as the opening. Nicely done.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks gatos and to answer your question there wasn't any subttiles to that scene.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the original scene? There are subtitles. From memory they are player generated, so you would have lost them in the ripping process.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i stand corrected there are subtitles though i don't feel there needed as it's obvious what's said through logan's reply

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched the avi at the weekend, very nicely done, most of the changes are subtle, having come to this thread I realised I only caught about half of them which is good for a film I've seen countless times. Not having 20 mins of origins at the start as per the previous version I can say this is the better choice, I think everyone wanted to know the origin of wolverine, and what we got was poorly written and executed instead. I still enjoy origins as a sort of standalone movie but your decision to not include anything other than the metal implementation is what makes it work, the two films didn't quite gel before and the implementation that Victor was the same sabretooth (even omitting his face as you did in the previous version) didn't really fly as an idea.

But this cut was really great. I enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing where you go with X2.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Watched the avi at the weekend, very nicely done, most of the changes are subtle, having come to this thread I realised I only caught about half of them which is good for a film I've seen countless times. Not having 20 mins of origins at the start as per the previous version I can say this is the better choice, I think everyone wanted to know the origin of wolverine, and what we got was poorly written and executed instead. I still enjoy origins as a sort of standalone movie but your decision to not include anything other than the metal implementation is what makes it work, the two films didn't quite gel before and the implementation that Victor was the same sabretooth (even omitting his face as you did in the previous version) didn't really fly as an idea.

But this cut was really great. I enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing where you go with X2.

Is that an approval???

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
normally I say something like "i'm not an editor, so I don't know what is technically acceptable, and maybe someone else with the tech know how should view this first" I try to see the idea rather than the work around it, but in this instance, I'd say yes, it's good to go.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
normally I say something like "i'm not an editor, so I don't know what is technically acceptable, and maybe someone else with the tech know how should view this first" I try to see the idea rather than the work around it, but in this instance, I'd say yes, it's good to go.

That's sweet it's approved. It was on my list of edits to check out. As far as approving the edit, check out the first post in this thread and act accordingly.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
plot: the film runs pretty much the same as it did before, minus the Eric Prologue, instead we have Logan at a bar in Japan, 'drinking to remember' it's a biref scene that sets the film up. The rest of the film for the most part takes place as normal minus a few trims here and there, and any flashbacks to Weapon X programme using the footage from X-men origins instead of the weird green tinted scenes used in the first and second films. Rating: 9/10

Image quality: I was watching the avi version and image seemed crisp and the colours were not dull, I was able to see everything I would have in the dvd version. Rating: 10/10

Audio quality: I didn't go over the audio with a set of headphones like some of your might, I just watched on my tv at a reasonable volume and I did not notice any pops or crackles or sudden jumps. 9/10

Difference to the original: Honestly not a great deal, but that's because of the context of the edit, which sets out to address the few continuity errors that it's a film with only minor tweaks. And if someone didn't edit this film, then it would have been a case of someone removing dialogue from X-men first class instead. Naturally there's one continuity error that can't be fixed, which is Halle Berry's voice in the sequels where she forgot her character was of African origin. Rating: 9/10

overall presentation: not watching a dvd I can't talk about menus or features or the usual stuff. Rating: N/A this version.

entertainment: I had a blast watching this, I was reluctant about watching it having bought the five disc blu-ray collection just before christmas but I figured 'what the heck.' Leeroy has changed little because there's so little that needs changing, but he's just taken the time to tighten some scenes and address some issues, do you know what happens to a frog that get's hit by lightning? neither do I because that exchange of dialogue is gladly absent, also it doesn't make sense anyway because Sabretooth gets hit earlier in the film and lives. You can argue that with seconds of footage cut here and there, is it worth it? I'd say yes still. But taking it into account I'll give it 7/10.

Final Thoughts:
approved.png

Top Bottom