• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

X-Men: Apocalypse - Endtimes Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everything they've edited will fall! And from the ashes of their cut, we'll build a better one!

An extended cut of a movie that's already too long, but adding back some stuff that really needed to be there.

Not all the VFX is 100% there for some shots. but I've done some work to fix and massage some stuff.

ADDITIONS
- Added X-Men themed Marvel card from X3
- Added Alex Summers going into Scott's room and talking to him before taking him to Xavier's school
- Extended class with Xavier teaching The One and Future King
- Added Jean performing some archery aided by her powers
- Extended scene of Magneto greiving over his family
- Added Apocalypse waking up in an alley and getting a cloak, explaining where it came from in the film
- Added Alex saying goodbye to his brother before going to see Moira, unknowingly for the last time
- Extended scene of Scott getting his Ruby-Quartz glasses
- Extended scene of Scott and Jean meeting and talking for the first time
- Added Hank showing Mystique around the school for the first time in a decade
- Extended scene of Jubilee walking around with Nightcrawler and Scott planning to go to the mall
- Added montage scene of Scott, Jean, Jubilee and Nightcrawler going to a very 80s mall, set to Safety Dance
- Added Moira being shown around the Mansion and the blue basement
- Added Xavier trying to talk Storm out of siding with Apocalypse before he crafts the pyramid
- Added Moira's memory of X-Men: First Class coming back to her as they fly to Egypt
- Added Magneto coming down and taking his helmet off and talking to Mystique post-battle
- Added Xavier talking to Mystique about how he needs to be more than a teacher
- Added Moira arresting Stryker in a final scene with her

Theatrical: 2:23:56
Endtimes: 2:37:17

Added: 13:21

xQfULtH.png

Apocalypse is in dire need of a fanedit - extended won't fix it, but would be interesting to see for sure.

The one change I've made for Apocalypse was replacing all hysterically funny "broken-polish" lines which completely undermined all emotional impact of those scenes with actual polish dubbing. That's probably not important for everyone else, but when someone's actually Polish then it makes a lot of difference.

There are some character things I think have been fixed and some moments of connective tissue that were missing are now back.

But there are so many other problems with the films I don't know If a fanfix can fix. Psylocke, Archangel and Apocalypse, Moira McTaggert and Mystique are all really badly written. I'll tackle a fanfix one day, hopefully something can be done.

I thought the soft reboot was a clever idea but they screwed up continuity so badly (why use Moira instead of someone like Gabrielle Haller), I have to discount most of the recent X-movies (and Origins) from my head canon. I've been wondering though if it might be possible to poach a few scenes from Apocalypse to tease his existence in the original timeline e.g. the end scene from DoFP spliced after X2, the scene of Moira finding him teasing him at the start of X3, Sinister/Essex lab at the end of X3, or the Wolverine, or DoFP to lead into New Mutants and Logan. Admittedly, there would be no pay-off.... unless I can splice Cable disintegrating Apocalypse using Deadpool2 footage ;-P

There are some character things I think have been fixed and some moments of connective tissue that were missing are now back.

But there are so many other problems with the films I don't know If a fanfix can fix. Psylocke, Archangel and Apocalypse, Moira McTaggert and Mystique are all really badly written. I'll tackle a fanfix one day, hopefully something can be done.
How do I watch this fan edit, friend? I've already registered to this forum, but am unable to access your fan edit.

Apocalypse is in dire need of a fanedit - extended won't fix it, but would be interesting to see for sure.

Would love to see you tackle a fanfic someday. Even if some characters don’t quite work, I feel like a fanfix has the potential to really improve this movie, more so than it’s sequel, which has even more problems

I wonder if there could be a way of combing Apocalypse with Dark Phoenix - probably would be a mess, but I’m curious

Back
Top Bottom