• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wyatt Earp (1994) - The O.K. Corral Cut (73 min shorter than the theatrical cut)

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a long movie!
It's over 3 hours and I will take out atleast one hour and maybe more.
This film is way to long but have some great moments.
Dennis Quaid is great as Doc Holliday.

The first hour of the film is gone and it starts when Wyatt and his brothers Virgil and Morgan has become the new sheriffs in Dodge City.
All scenes with Wyatt growing up is cut.
The scenes with Wyatt getting married is cut but I will use some shots of it as a flashback later in the film.
Gene Hackman is cut but I have kept his voice from the trailer as a voice-over in the new intro.
He is also spotted in the Marriage flashback scene.

Original Running time 3 hours 11min
Planned Edit Running Time is 1 hour 50min-2 hours

This is the new intro/credits (Work in progress)

Here is the flashback scene!
Since I have cut out the first 1h 10min and the marriage/death scene of Wyatt's first wife Urilla is gone.
I think some flashback shots is needed for this scene to show a glimse of the past.

I have reduced the color of the flahback shots to appear more like a faded memory.

a simple made poster!
I have a few more trims to make and the goal is to make the running time under 2h.
Looks that this will be my first edit coming out 2023!

This is my January 2023 edit!
And the running time it's now under two hours.

Original running time: 190min
Fanedit: 117min
Time cut: 73min

-cut all backstory of Wyatt growing up (70min is cut from the start of the film to Wyatt and his brothers becomes new sheriffs)
-added a flashback of Wyatt getting married and death scene of his first wife.
-cut the funeral marching band and wagon in Tombstone after the shootout
-cut closing the saloon at night and one of the men staring into the night
-cut Wyatt and Josie scene (Josie wants to leave Tombstone with Wyatt but he refuses)
-cut Wyatt and Maddie scene (Maddie is drunk and angry)
-cut Virgil leaving his house

I got the Expanded Edition (Extended) on VHS. Wish they would put it to Blu-Ray, but that Version of the Movie was only ever put out on LaserDisc, and VHS. Would Love to get a cleaned up Picture/Sound build of it. Hoping someone here could be able to do it

This is the new intro/credits (Work in progress)
Love the choice of Wyatt Erp rather than Tombstone! The credits, when they really start in— quickly begin to feel somewhat rhythmic, almost like they’re on a timer. This and also them displaying in the same spot on the screen made them feel distracting to me, and I stayed a little too focused on them. Maybe try having them show up sporadically and strategically placed in different areas during lulls in the action. Using just a little bit of Gaussian blur on the text so it doesn’t look quite so crisp will make it blend in with the 90’s IMO.

Love the choice of Wyatt Erp rather than Tombstone! The credits, when they really start in— quickly begin to feel somewhat rhythmic, almost like they’re on a timer. This and also them displaying in the same spot on the screen made them feel distracting to me, and I stayed a little too focused on them. Maybe try having them show up sporadically and strategically placed in different areas during lulls in the action. Using just a little bit of Gaussian blur on the text so it doesn’t look quite so crisp will make it blend in with the 90’s IMO.
I agree with everything you say here, and I think maybe the credits are a little too quick too. They fade in and almost immediately start to fade back out again. Maybe speed up the fade so that the full unfading credit is on screen a touch longer, but not longer overall.

Back
Top Bottom