• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Wrong Turn Home - Scary As Hell Edition

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right on. It's Halloween and I want you all to have a nice party. Grab some popcorn and enjoy this nice horror compilation.

what kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP):
TF
tagline: Beware the inbreeds!
original film names: Wrong Turn (2003) by Rob Schmidt
X-Files S04E02 - Home (1996) directed by Kim Manners
new film name : Wrong Turn Home - Scary As Hell Edition
film studio name : Summit Entertainment and 20th Century Fox Television
edit crew name : 3Raz0r
Date Edit Was Released : 10 2008
Original Runtime : 84 minutes (Wrong Turn), 44 minutes (Home)
New Runtime : 76 minutes (Wrong Turn), 41 minutes (Home)
Amount of time Cut/Added : about 9 minutes cut, 1 minute added (Wrong Turn), about 3 minutes cut

3D_wth_by_3raz0r.jpg

Cuts removed/added/extended :
Wrong Turn:
- deleted climbing couple beginning
- deleted Scott's gooftalk all over the first half of the movie
- deleted the cliffhanger ending

Home:
- deleted Scully reading her notes to Mulder at the crime scene
- trimmed the black pauses (commercial interruptions) to better fit a continous story
- deleted Mulder saying to Scully "I never saw you as a mother."
- deleted pig head on porch
- deleted Mulder's TV antenna trouble and the next mother reference
- deleted Mulder and Scully having trouble in getting the pigs out and both of them goofing there
- deleted Mulder's fun surprise at finding the newspaper that states that Elvis is dead
- added my own credits

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):
I always liked WRONG TURN and a have a weak spot for this movie. It is frightening, violent and disturbing. And from the first time I watched it, it did not so much remind me on DELIVERANCE, but on the incredible horror episode from X-Files: HOME.
When watching it again and reading some reviews about it, I had to discover that a lot of people find it rather bad, most of all because it follows a rather cheap plot and offers no true surprises. It is just another typical B-horror movie.
So I thought about getting rid of what was most bugging (especially the lame beginning and the cliffhanger ending) to turn this into a more watchable and straight to the point movie. It is very short and really wastes no time anymore. The deletion of Scott's gooftalk adds a lot to the atmosphere.
But when I was finished, I had the feeling something important was still missing: X-Files: HOME. So I watched it again and decided to make a few edits to it to make it even more dark than it already way by removing the lighter parts from it. I also turned it to 16:9, going scene by scene for the best image presentation to make it appear more modern.
And it looks and works just great.

The DVD:
Wrong Turn - Scary As Hell Edition 76 minutes 1.85:1 NTSC with 5.1 AC-3 audio and an additional bonus audio track in 2.0
Home - Scary as Hell Edition 41 minutes 1.78:1 NTSC with 5.1 AC-3 audio
animated intro
still menus: main, acts, info
all menus with audio.

Your intention for this fanedit:
I wanted to create a nice horror fanedit collection for Halloween 2008, uniting on DVD two great plots about inbred monsters.

Your way to achieve your intention:
the usual way, which was as usual pretty unusual.

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit):
My nice computer. His name is Dofudome (don't fucking die on me).
Womble. Goldwave. Besweet. DVD LAB PRO. Pro Show Gold. Avisynth. TMPG Xpress.

Additional Comment:
- There is a stutter on camera drives in WRONG TURN, which I could not get rid of. I hope it is not too distracting.
- Because there are 2 movies on this DVD, I will not create a torrent from it. Sharing a complete DVD via torrent will take me forever. Sorry.
Who am I?
I am 3Raz0r, I like horror movies and I dig fanedits.

Time needed for the edition: 4 weeks
persons involved: my beautiful self

Additional information links:
imdb: (WRONG TURN) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295700/
(HOME) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751137/

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool. Home is one of my favorite X-Files episodes (and Home, PA is not too far from me) so I'm looking forward to seeing this. I've never seen wrong turn though.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dear 3Raz0r,

I have always found your work meticulous and of excellent quality. I will always give your FanEdits a go because of the high standard you set as a FanEditor. Still, psycho inbreeds scare the hell out of me!!!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, Mollo, that is kind of the intention. :-D

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There for a minute, I thought you had spliced the Home episode with Wrong Turn... was about to say... phew. Haha. Sounds good though! :)

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hey 3Raz0r, is that your picture on your avatar?
where did you get the cool white contact lenses?

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Inbreeds.jpg

Wrong Turn Home/Home Scary As Hell Edition by 3Raz0r

Contains Spoilers!!!!!!!

First, I have to say that the presentation of this DVD is superb. The menu and the transitions twist like a snake. I thought the "dogs barking" over the "this is a FanEdit warning" was just my cup of tea.

There are two choices, the feature and the X-Files episode. It all feels like a DVD drive-in inbreed double bill. "Yous gonna hav'ta takes care thur, strangur!"

Wrong Turn Home, the titles begin…..

The way 3Raz0r inserted "it's" name during the opening editing credit was just brilliant and so cleverly done. As for the movie you know the score, unsympathetic young'uns are dispatched by sympathetic and attractive inbreeds. The ending is not a happy one as some of the young'uns survive, darn it!!!

The end credits of the movie I enjoyed the most because 3Ranz0r uses them to wish everyone a Happy Halloween (a satanic festival that Americans seem to enjoy).

So to Home…..

I am not much of an X-Files fan but I can see the similarities between these two works very clearly. I just wish Anderson would stop talking through her teeth. "Hansh Up! It issh the Polieesh!" Still, Home it is the better piece of the two.

The audio is perfect. The image quality is very clean especially for the X-files episode.

"Squeal Little Piggy!" Nothing but a 5 for this FanEdit but I have forever been put off inbreeding. It just does not work!!!

I hope 3Raz0r's next project will be "Out of Africa" or "Pretty Woman" although I don't hold out too much hope.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice review, mollo! Thanks for watching my fanedit and taking the time to comment on it.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
uploaded to Rapidshare on linktalk

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
the presentation is VERY cool, the fanediting choices are great and really improve on these already entertaining "movies".

in "wrong turn" we get a lot less crappy dialogue and scott isn't such a douche. the ending was kinda weird for me... i think the scene with the map was out of place here. for pacing, this could be removed and then we have them driving "past" the gas station and onto the highway. also, i think this could have been tightened up a lot more. there is still a lot of dialogue that i was expecting to be removed for obvious, silly, reasons.

i found home to be a perfectly edited and realized connection to "wrong turn". i actually haven't seen it in a long time, so it was a mostly "new" experience. what was removed from "home" (some of the silly and unnecessary moments) help with the pacing and it now seems a lot more chaotic and creepy. great job.

also (and i'm probably outing myself somehow here), did anyone else realize that the kid pitching in the intro was ben from big love? i even had to look it up on IMDB just to be sure. (YEP!)

i DID find two video errors within "wrong turn":
1. as scott moves the tonearm off of the record player there are repeated video frames
2. as the crazy inbred archer brings the sherrif into the house there are more repeated video frames

in both of these occasions, the audio does not go out of sync, so i'm guessing this is some sort of export/encoding issue. these WERE distracting, tho. each time i stopped and watched each segment again just to be sure.

wrong turn:

entertainment 8/10
fanediting 8/10
video 8/10
audio 10/10
orginal 7/10
fanedit 8/10

total 8/10

"home"

entertainment 9/10
fanediting 9/10 (perfect!)
video 9/10 (slightly pixelated. a few shots could have been cropped better to 16:9 - especially the "home" location titlecard.)
audio 10/10 (no issues to report)
orginal 8/10 (good, but not great)
fanedit 9/10 (great! just the lack of cheese here puts this in a continued state of discomfort :) )

total 9/10

i rated this an 8/10

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so now that i figured out my copy of "T3 - A Coming Storm" is bunk, i figured i would ask to see if anyone else has these problems with "Wrong Turn" that i described in my review...

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i just checked times, and on my disc the video frames issues occur at:
1. moving the tone arm @ 0:20:47
2. carrying the dead sherrif @ 1:05:40

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have it too.
When I play it on the computer with VLC it isn't the exact same time as when I play it on the TV for some reason.

I will have to double check the time on the T3 playing it on the TV and not VLC.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes, I have the same 2 glitches as well.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok then - case closed :)

SAHE has two video glitches. and i get to keep my sanity for a bit longer...

Top Bottom