• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Would it be misguided to upload my project with 5.1 LPCM audio?

korach1921

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My idea is to make two or three separate versions of the same project: A large Blu-Ray quality AVC encode with LPCM audio an optional DTS and AAC track; maybe a smaller AVC encode; and then an even smaller HEVC encode that will just have AAC audio. My thinking for the first one is that the amount of space a single 5.1 LPCM track would take up would be only a little less than the combined space that all the audio tracks on the original Blu-Ray take up together.

I don't think so. I do the same. I make a 5.1 and 2.0 LPCM track for my edits when I can. I do so because I want lossless audio, but don't have access to DTS-HD encoding, which I prefer over Dolby.

I don't think so. I do the same. I make a 5.1 and 2.0 LPCM track for my edits when I can. I do so because I want lossless audio, but don't have access to DTS-HD encoding, which I prefer over Dolby.
Yeah, Dolby Media Encoder is like ~$400, DTS:X Encoder Suite is only available for mac, and DTS:HD MA Encoder Suite is defunct afaik. Sucks : \

It really does suck. But when it comes to LPCM tracks, nothing stops me from decoding either tracks as DTS:X, Dolby Surround or Auro-3D on my surround system when it comes time to watch edits.

If the audio is remarkable enough that lossless increases your enjoyment of watching the edit, then yes: keep it lossless and enjoy! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom