• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Working with DVDs

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know we've all mostly moved on to Blu-rays now, but do we have any tutorials on how to work with SD material? I have some old TV shows on DVD I'd like to play with, but some of them are 480i so I'll need to convert them to progressive scan, and also some of them are importing with weird frame rates (one is 24.05 fps instead of 23.97 or 29.97 like you would expect).

My usual method to get stuff into Vegas is to rip the title to .mkv with MakeMKV, then remux as .mp4 with AviDemux (copy video, convert audio to high bitrate AAC), then drop into Vegas. This works great on Blu-ray but apparently not for DVD.

Back
Top Bottom