• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Wonder Woman: The Excellent Adventure Edit:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a remarkable edit, as it took one of the worst movies I've seen in recent memory and turned it into something quite enjoyable. Adding the score that, frankly, should've been there in the first place really makes the movie pop. Why set it in the 80's, film it like a campy 80's movie, and then have Hans Zimmer do an overwrought score for it? Never made sense to me. This is the way it should've been to begin with. I didn't miss anything that was cut, and the shorter runtime makes for a breezy, fast paced movie. This movie was originally a total slog to get through, but at under 2 hours, it's now just right. I also didn't miss the opening flashback sequence. Though cool, it didn't tonally fit the movie to begin with, and really doesn't fit with the changes that were made. A solid cut. My only criticism is that I don't think the editing of Steve Trevor's arrival quite works. I don't know how else it could've been done save for some deep fake trickery, but it's the only cut in the movie that feels like a cut. It just doesn't flow naturally like the rest of the changes do, but again, it's a tricky cut and the payoff for it is worth it. That minor quibble aside, this is a stellar fanedit. I can't overstate how much this improved the movie for me. I never wanted to see WW84 again, and now it's one of the better DCEU films. Bravo!

Continue reading...

Top Bottom