• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Wonder Woman 1918 (Fanfix)

Wonder Woman - Fan Fix name?

• DC Universe: Chapter 1 - Wonder Woman

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Wonder Woman: The New DC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The New DC: Wonder Woman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wonder Woman 1918

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • Something else

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll definitely consider it. It's too early to tell what subtitle, if any of the suggested titles, I might use.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today, here are two General Ludendorff and Dr. Poison scenes that have been adjusted to play together as an extended scene.

password: wonderwoman

What I did: Ludendorff does not shoot one of his men. It's too comical. Plus, I wanted to reveal his psychotic nature later on in the film after he's actually received the strength enhancer, as a way to justify why he's so bent on killing fellow Germans. Also, the scene later on in the film with Dr. Poison testing out gas on a mask is moved directly after she talks with Ludendorff, removed Dr. Poison telling Ludendorff that the gas is meant to 'restore his strength'.

Why I did this: Firstly, combining the two scenes into one extended scene will leave a longer lasting impression on the audience. We get two instances of their depravity, one during the Themyscira scenes, and one here, so that when we spend the next 20-30 minutes with Diana and Steve, we have a better idea of what they're going to be taking on. However, I did remove the random killing of that soldier because it's more narratively pleasing that the reason he's so bent on fucking up everyone on both sides of the war is because of Dr. Poison's gas. Especially because we see him take it later on during other evil stuff, so the viewer will make that connection themselves.

Horrifyingly Hillarous

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was thinking if titles so here you go 

Wonder Woman: Godkiller
Wonder Woman : Princess of Themescyra 
Wonder Woman & The War of Man 
Wonder Woman: War of Man 
Wonder Woman: Man’s War 
Wonder Woman: Warbound 
Wonder Woman: Godess Among Us
Wonder Woman: Justice Begins

Crimson713

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you didn't know, Gods and Mortals is the name of Greg Rucka's incredible story arc on the book from the 90's, and that title definitely has my vote.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Took a little Internet/device break. Finally returned home. Will update thread some time this week. Thanks for the interest!

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First draft finished, I'm going to render tonight and have it ready for viewing Saturday morning. Would be very interested in everyone's thoughts on the ending of the film, as it was the portion that required the most attention. Also, the title card for the film now just reads "The Wonder Woman" so I guess that's what I'm going with for the fanedit title. Nothing fancy.

VortexUnlimited

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey man, hate to bother again but how's it coming along? Also just to let you know I started working on my Aquaman fanfix hopefully on par with the other DCEU films (minus JL).

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moved to inactive per editor request.  Contact a staff member if you want to reactivate in the future.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Project restored to ITW at request of editor.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wonder Woman 1918, my first entry into my New DCEU series, is now finished. I'm rendering out the video now and will upload it to Google Drive when it's finished. PM me if interested in viewing.

There were a few ideas I said I would implement that I just couldn't find workarounds for, the two big things being the addition of Etta's Mission as a mid-credits stinger, and the second being the removal or reduction of Ares in the final battle. For the first point, while it would help save JL from doing all the legwork to establish the Motherboxes, my intended New DCEU viewing order puts Wonder Woman 1918 first, so we go a long time without returning to the concept, so I doubt most viewers will even remember. If I do ever insert this scene into a DCEU film, it'll likely be BvS. And the second point really came down to just embracing the inherent campiness of a big CG David Thewlis fighting Wonder Woman on a tarmac runway, while cutting the erroneously silly parts like the hamfisted dialog and Thewlis' poor performance. It's a superhero film after all, they're not pieces of high art, so you really shouldn't mind some campiness.

Complete Cutlist

-Some light color grading throughout
-Added fanedit warning
-Added Youtube RED style FE.org logo
-Added new WB and DC production logos ripped from the Batman v. Superman official trailer
-Removed Diana's intro monologue
-Removed everything up until Hippolyta begins reading Diana the story of the old Gods, which acts as the new opening
-Removed German soldier asking "Where did this fog come from?"
-Removed shot of German soldier looking back after encountering the glamour
-Removed Steve saying "wow" and a lot of staring
-Trimmed the lasso interrogation slightly and removed Steve's "It's Hot" remark
-Removed the girl tending to Diana saying "strange" in regards to Diana's wound healing so quickly
-Removed Diana making eye contact with the animal before she breaks into the armory
-Removed Hippolyta fearing that Ares will find Diana
-Trimmed some of the shots during Steve and Diana's conversation aboard the boat
-Removed the entire 'pleasure of the flesh' bit
-Removed Ludendorff shooting his own men
-Removed Doctor Poison's "To restore your strength" line, as it makes no sense
-Moved the scene of Doctor Poison testing the gas on the gasmask to this part of the film, giving us an extended look at our main villains and establishing their threat very early on
-Removed Diana looking confused in London, the remarks on hand-holding, and the 'we're not together' bit
-Removed the 'bad guy convention' line
-Removed "Is there anything else you wanna show me?"
-Since the second Doctor Poison scene is missing, the film just continues from the discussion with Patrick Morgan to the intelligence meeting
-Removed Diana and Steve kissing in the hotel
-Removed shot of Diana reaching for her sword
-Rearranged the set-up to the climax fight, I've strung together all of Diana's conversation with Ares so it goes straight from "I am not what you thought I was" to "I am not your enemy Diana"
-Removed "that is not the God-killer"
-Steve and Co.'s scenes are pushed back slightly
-Removed Ares explaining that Diana is the true God-killer, as it's abundantly clear by this point, now Diana lassos Ares after he claims "only a God can kill another God"
-Removed Ares stating he's not the God of War, but the God of Truth, as I dislike Ares' being able to cheat the lasso, and several other lines, now his speech goes "I am [telling the truth]. They start these wars on their own. When you first arrived, I was going to crush you.", now it's more clear that Ares is just trying to trick Diana
-Removed "My dear, I don't want to fight you, but if I must...", now Ares shocks Diana the moment she refuses his offer
-Removed "Good-bye brother", as the line is not at all earned
-Diana's closing narration now begins as she's walking up to the memorial wall to look at Steve's picture
-Removed the modern day ending and the shot of Diana soaring into the sky
-The film proper now ends on the shot of the photograph
-Added '1918' to the film's ending title card

Original runtime is 2hr 39m, my trimmed version's runtime clocks in at 2hr 9m, with a whopping 30 minutes cut out for a much tighter pacing with a quicker set-up, less clunky exposition, and a more streamlined final battle with Ares.

My goal with the edit, aside from the fixed pacing I already mentioned, was to keep the film set entirely in 1918, with no callback to Batman v. Superman whatsoever. My reason for this is twoold;
Firstly, it gives the film more rewatch value, as it is no longer directly tied to a film that was very divisive among fans (I can only assume WW fans outweigh BvS fans anyway)
Secondly, it allows me to repurpose the modern day bookend scenes for a future BvS edit

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TinyBreadMouse said:
Firstly, it gives the film more rewatch value, as it is no longer directly tied to a film that was very divisive among fans (I can only assume WW fans outweigh BvS fans anyway)
Secondly, it allows me to repurpose the modern day bookend scenes for a future BvS edit

That is a really solid cut list, good job. I've been toying with the idea of a Justice League/DCEU film to TV edit and a lot of your ideas gel with what I was thinking. Wonder woman is a solid film but it was bloated and clunky at times. I honestly enjoyed BvS the first time around but I was frustrated by the studio using it to bootstrap the DCEU. In hindsight it is far more problematic as the foreshadowing never got resolved in the theatrical cut of Justice League. I'll be very interested to see what you do with BvS if you're including Ettas mission and the present day Diana stuff.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very kind words, thank you. Can't wait for you to see the cut and get your feedback, and I'd love to compare notes on ideas for a DCEU TV series with you.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you doing anything to the ending to make the Aries battle better?

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
revel911 said:
Are you doing anything to the ending to make the Aries battle better?

As I mentioned earlier, while I had initially attempted to either remove Ares entirely, or lessen his CG battle, there was very little wiggle room. The climax does not have a lot to work with. What I did do, instead, was trim a lot of Ares' motivations, him cheating the lasso of truth, some of his motivation exposition dump, and the arrangement of scenes leading up to the reveal that Sir Patrick Morgan is Ares, as well as removing "Good bye brother" or w/e Diana says before killing him, as it doesn't feel earned.

Outside of that, it remains a big CG brawl, but that's fine with me because comic books are just like that.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is uploaded, just PM me if interested. I've also already contacted staff about submitting the edit, so just waiting to hear back on that.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to pending.

Top Bottom