• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Womble free for the day - already over

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! Thanks for the head's up!

I use Vegas but this is a great opportunity for a lot of people starting out!

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for letting people know. Womble is always handy, even if one uses other programs.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just to be crystal clear: the software has to be installed and registered TODAY.

Please note that the software you download and install during the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:

1. No free technical support
2. No free upgrades to future versions
3. Strictly personal usage

But hey - free stuff is free, right?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
good point. I snagged it because free is free.
be sure to run it after install and copy/paste the PSN (reg key) from the readme into the appropriate box to register otherwise you'll just have a 30 day trial.
thanks messenjah :)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Even if you use a more advanced editing app like Vegas, Premiere, or Final Cut Pro, I strongly recommend everyone to take advantage of this free offer from Womble. Its a nice tool to have in your arsenal (perfect for short snip and move edits, and removing commercials from TV caps). The smart rendering engine is what makes this worthwhile...

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bump. this needs to be on top.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unless I am missing something, by moving this topic 'here', the non-regulars who probably actually need it, cant see it on the main forum page.
just my .02

oh I see, now its in ALL the threads... I'll shut my stupid mouth now :lol:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks so much for the tip messenjah14! Still not sure I will ever try my hand at editing, but I grabbed this just in case :) And thanks blueyoda and elbarto for the tips.

Is it a bad sign it took me a few minutes to figure out how to close the program? :oops:

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, this is global :grin: Nice to give something back for a change instead of just lurking and bitching to myself about not having any ideas for fanedits.

Frink, ADM wrote a very good and thorough guide to the use of Womble which can be read here. I got started with that guide myself :)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
messenjah14 said:
Frink, ADM wrote a very good and thorough guide to the use of Womble which can be read here.
Yeah, I've browsed that guide before. I'm just not ready to make the leap yet. I only opened the program to register it, then it took me a long bit to realize there was a separate menu bar to close it out :oops:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
pay no attention to

Step 3 (if needed): Converting 4x3 interlaced video to 16x9 anamorphic video.

the numbers for converting/cropping are completely WRONG.

Top Bottom