• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Womble... dammit all to hell!

TheLazenby

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm getting increasingly outraged at MPEG Video Wizard (Womble)...

I'm trying to undertake the seemingly simple task of pasting "Once In A While" back into Rocky Horror. I have both ripped from the DVD. However, the program is insisting that I not do this...
* When I first insert the clip into the movie, it's pretty close to the correct frame size. The 'clipping' filter helps correct this.
* However, making any other changes to the movie (such as adding on the black and white version of the first few scenes) makes the frame size of "Once In A While" shrink down to half its size. Using the 'zoom' filter doesn't help, as it constrains the image to the new tiny frame.
* Deselecting 'maintain aspect ratio' does not stretch the clip to fill the frame once more - it only stretches it horizontally.
* Trying to export the film before it shrinks the size of that clip results in an MPEG containing a properly sized version of the film, and a horizontally stretched "Once In A While", despite it looking near perfect in the actual program.

Please help... I have absolutely no idea how to correct this! I need to work out this issue now, because when I make my *big* edit of RHPS, the sources are drastically different, and I need to get them to match.

you're probably better off banging all the extra stuff through vdub first to sort out the AR and framing. Wombles MPEG encoder is notorious in its crapness and is going to make everything it reencodes horrible.

Yeah, I just opened the clip in Virtual Dub MPEG2... I'm completely lost as to what I'm supposed to do.

Help please! :-(

well first off get Vdub 1.8.8 and the mpeg2 plugin its much better than vdub mepg2.

basically load your clip in. go to the filters option under the video menu, click add, select the filter you want to use.

use resize for resizing, use null transform for cropping,

if you need help with the resizing number go here http://www.haku.co.uk/ARCT.html

oh and nip over to doom9 for some good tutorials, vdub really isnt very complicated and is VERY powerful.

Back
Top Bottom