• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

womble crashes for big renders

Andy123

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi
I am trying to edit a MKV file using Womble rendering it to a 1920x800 150 mins ~8GB MP4. The render always crashes at aroun 4.X mark. Latest crash at 4.41 GB.
I am using Win-7 x64 (NTFS).

When I try to render in parts e.g. 40 mins it woks fine & render completes.
Can someone tell me why this is happening & what I can do to avoid it?

AFAIK Womble cannot encode HD...

Womble can, but it's not a good idea. I would strongly advise the OP to invest in a decent NLE.

Andy123 said:
Hi
I am trying to edit a MKV file using Womble rendering it to a 1920x800 150 mins ~8GB MP4. The render always crashes at aroun 4.X mark. Latest crash at 4.41 GB.
I am using Win-7 x64 (NTFS).

When I try to render in parts e.g. 40 mins it woks fine & render completes.
Can someone tell me why this is happening & what I can do to avoid it?

As a longtime Womble user this is a horrible idea. The only thing Womble handles well is SD MPEG files. I agree with Captain K's suggestion to invest in a decent NLE.

I can try out Premiere Pro. However, it doesn't natively edit MKV.
1. What format should I convert the original HD MKV file to?
2. Which converter to use (& maybe the settings)?
3. What Sequence Presets during Project Settings to use in Premiere Pro as I can only see all defualt Camera Presets in there.

Thanks. :)

note, MKV is a container, not a codec. There is probably a h264 HD stream inside the container. If you remux into an MP4, premiere might be able to handle it. That said, I never recommend editing compressed streams. You have the best luck converting to a lossless AVI. That will require a decent amount of HDD space though.

You could also strip parts out using mkvmergeGUI

Back
Top Bottom