• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

womble and aspect ratio problem

kaarma33

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi:

I have almost all of my editing done for Macross extended movie, but the aspect ratio for the main movie looks like http://www.faneditforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3614 a rectangle with 4 black borders just like the recent matrix extended fanedit.

Under Womble video options, I tried unchecking "maintain aspect ratio", which makes the main movie look like a widescreen movie in the preview screen, but still I keep getting the rectangle view. Al the rest of the added in video clips look widescreen the way I would like, but then the main movie keeps encoding into a rectangle.

Can I change the aspect ratio of the this movie to widescreen through Womble and how do I do that? I read the Womble manual and I can't figure out what works.

Do I need to re encode the original dvd movie to widescreen or can I re encode the avi rectangle movie to widescreen? How?

Thanks for any help.

I would not do that with womble. The encoder totally sucks and will give you bad image quality. In fact, use womble ONLY for cuts or for blend transitions (which look ok). ANYTHING else sucks. The absolute power of womble is its smart rendering engine. The only other program that has this (and has still some bugs) is the freeware program Cuttermaran, which cannot do any transitions. Try to avoid any kind of encoding with womble. For an aspect ratio change I suggest using avisynth or virtualdub and frameserve to a good encoder like CCE or TMPG.

womble can frameserve to tmpg and a few other encoders! Check the help file that comes with it and it will tell you how to do this---

Widescreen problem fixed in womble. Thanks!
It turns out one of the smaller videos had "maintain aspcect ratio" for video options checked, which threw a bunch of other video clips out of whack.

I'm just subtitling the new prologue and womble is chugging along with the fixed movie. Then I'll plug in the movie with the prologue and I'm done in 2-3 days. That only took until October. I hope I get better with practice.

Back
Top Bottom