• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Wolverine: The James Mangold Restoration, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I already really enjoy The Wolverine, and while my go-to version will still be the Extended Cut, this version is a great shorter alternative! There are only a couple moments where I noticed some cuts, as a few scene transitions happen rather abruptly. We lose the sequence in which Viper plants the robot on Logan, so that does sorta feel unexplained when it's discovered later. The majority of the edit's happen towards the end, with the climax removing the Silver Samurai character entirely. The edit to Jean telling Logan he can die now and meet her in the afterlife feels a little out of place, because he is mostly unaffected by the explosion. Though the cut to and from that moment worked pretty well! Ending there and not revealing that Yashida was still alive does wonders for making the character drama between Yuriko and her father feel more authentic, and leaves you with a positive view of Yashida, who is described as being a good man multiple times. Overall, a great effort at giving a more grounded take on the story.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom