• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Witcher 3

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Witcher series is probably one of the best fantasy games out there, and Witcher 3 finally has a release date: February 2015. And with the release date announcement we also get this stunning new trailer!

[video=youtube_share;HtVdAasjOgU]

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been playing this a lot recently, and I am loving every single second of it. I picked it up on release day (which ended up being in May 2015) but life and other games happened so I wasn't able to finish it as early as I would have liked. The books the series is based on (seven in total: two short story collections and five novels, which all but the last novel has been translated into English) are really good too and add a lot of depth to the characters. 

Giving Geralt amnesia in the first game was brilliant. Introducing new people to the world by having the main character need to be reintroduced to everyone he already knows worked real well. Geralt has built up a LOT of good will with many people that they didn't mind helping him out.

karacho

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Only played the first game when the enhanced edition came out and just loved it. Such a good story. A Fantasy World that feels so real and mature (a bit like Game of Thrones, but more fantasy).

Now my PC is good enough for 2 and 3, so i will play the first one again soon and then the other two.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've accumulated 80 hrs in this game and still need to finish the two DLC. It is a fantastic game.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished it, I was moved. 

My ending:
Ciri became Empress of Nilfgaard.
Geralt and Triss start a life together.
Cerys became Queen of Skellige.
Having assassinated Radovid, Nilfgaard won the war and make a right bloody mess of things.

All the major players lived, so I'd say this is middle of the road good, with "Good+" being when Ciri becomes a Witcher, and "Bad" being her dying.
Some good, some bad, about what I'd expect for a dark fantasy story like this. Once I finish Uncharted 4, I'm going to do Hearts of Stone/Blood and Wine, at least until Deus Ex comes out.

Top Bottom