• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wild Palms (1993)

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone watch this back in the day. I was a weird sci-fi miniseries (taking place in the future year of 2007) that aired on ABC. The sci-fi drama, announced as an "event series", deals with the dangers of politically motivated abuse of mass media technology and virtual realities in particular. It was based on a comic strip written by Bruce Wagner and illustrated by Julian Allen first published in 1990 in Details magazine. Wagner, who also wrote the screenplay, served as executive producer together with Oliver Stone.

Five episodes (the first being double-length) totaling about 4 hours and 45 minutes. Stars James Belushi, Dana Delany, Ernie Hudson, Kim Cattrall, and even a very young Ben Savage. I just started rewatching it (haven't seen it since it originally aired nearly 30 years ago) yesterday, and it's...odd...to say the least. And those certainly are acting choices being made (whether by the actors or the director, I'm not sure).

Back
Top Bottom