• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

White Lotus "I’m a Very Needy Person and I Am Deeply, Deeply Insecure."

mikeyla85

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMqdJjT.png

I loved White Lotus Season 1, and my favorite character was Tanya McQuoid. I was often bummed when they cut to the other stories and wanted to see her silly chaotic performance. So I made an edit of just her story. It flows great, like a feature film.

To make this cut, I mostly removed scenes from the other storylines and kept the ones from the Tanya / Greg / Belinda storyline. When those storylines intersected with the Tanya McQouid one, I removed the parts that weren't necessary to understanding her story. I used the transitional b-roll that was already in the series to glue the piece together.

Outside of specifically removing scenes from other characters' subplots, here are the edits I made within scenes:
  • Modify opening credits to remove other actors' names and add mine
  • Change opening scene to make the opening shot Tanya and removed the Paula and Olivia dialogue that doesn't involve them
  • Removed some of the Armond and Lani dialogue that was an introduction to Lani's subplot
  • Removed other characters arriving on the island
  • In the ketamine scene, removed many of the girls' lines and all of the lines where Tanya is talking with ketamine effects, to remove that part of the story
  • In the mothers' ashes boat scene, removed a lot of Shane and Rachel dialogue to focus it more on Tanya and keep the couple as an unknown side story
  • Cut down the scene where Rachel is crying in front of Belinda, to take the focus off her story
  • Included the scene where Belinda and Armond have dinner and complain about the guests, as it works without knowing Armond's character and adds to commentary on Tanya's
  • Created a montage over music to end the film and wrap up the relationships between Tanya, Belinda, and Greg

I think it's looking pretty good and would love any feedback! DM me if you're interested in taking a look.

Do you have a cut list that community members can see to get a better idea of what your edit is doing?

Sure! Sorry for the delay, was a busy work week.

To make this cut, I mostly removed scenes from the other storylines and kept the ones from the Tanya / Greg / Belinda storyline. When those storylines intersected with the Tanya McQouid one, I removed the parts that weren't necessary to understanding her story. I used the transitional b-roll that was already in the series to glue the piece together.

Outside of specifically removing scenes from other characters' subplots, here are the edits I made within scenes:
  • Modify opening credits to remove other actors' names and add mine
  • Change opening scene to make the opening shot Tanya and removed the Paula and Olivia dialogue that doesn't involve them
  • Removed some of the Armond and Lani dialogue that was an introduction to Lani's subplot
  • Removed other characters arriving on the island
  • In the ketamine scene, removed many of the girls' lines and all of the lines where Tanya is talking with ketamine effects, to remove that part of the story
  • In the mothers' ashes boat scene, removed a lot of Shane and Rachel dialogue to focus it more on Tanya and keep the couple as an unknown side story
  • Cut down the scene where Rachel is crying in front of Belinda, to take the focus off her story
  • Included the scene where Belinda and Armond have dinner and complain about the guests, as it works without knowing Armond's character and adds to commentary on Tanya's
  • Created a montage over music to end the film and wrap up the relationships between Tanya, Belinda, and Greg
Happy to share if you'd like!

Back
Top Bottom