• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

When does a band cease to exist?? isnt reunions pathetic?

Hell, I have tickets to the continuing Rush - Snakes & Arrows tour. The new album is as good as ever, although the instrumentals weren't as interesting.

btw, i have the led zeppelin reunion performance bootleg and i'm still wondering why i didn't sell a kidney...

ADigitalMan said:
Heinrich said:
every band should quit after their fifth album. mostly they lose it after that...

Ah, but that would have denied us great works like:

The Who
Quadrophenia,

Pink Floyd
Meddle, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall

U2
Achtung Baby, Zooropa, All You Can't Leave Behind, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Yes
Going for the One, 90125, Talk

Rush
Everything after Hemispheres, not the least of which is Moving Pictures

Led Zeppelin
Physical Graffiti, In Through The Out Door

KISS
Rock And Roll Over, Love Gun

Deep Purple
Machine Head

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple have all released great stuff after number 5.

How about the Doors' LA Woman. That's their sixth and possibly best album.

How about Black Sabbath's Sabotage, which may not be their best album, but it is certainly one of their more interesting works.

yeah... everyone knows the beatles after 1965 was utter shit.

I might want to take back what I said about Motley Crue, after hearing this:
[youtube:d78fdkmz]

joebshmoe said:
yeah... everyone knows the beatles after 1965 was utter shit.

LOL!!! Excellent. :lol:

ADigitalMan said:
Ah, but that would have denied us great works like:

U2
Achtung Baby, Zooropa, All You Can't Leave Behind, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Personnally I think U2 lost the plot after Achtung Baby. I always got the sense they've been chasing their own shadows ever since that album. Also, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is the most soulless record ever made.

Heinrich said:
every band should quit after their fifth album. mostly they lose it after that...

I think it took the The Rolling Stone NINE ALBUMS :eek: before the started writing classic records like Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers & Exile on Main St. I must admit it does piss me off when Richards lays into modern artists & bands. No band today would get away with releasing that many average records in a row & not get dropped.

& what about REM? It took them six albums before they went big with Out of Time & their new album is pretty good to.

When does a band truly cease to exist? When all of its members are dead and buried six feet underground. :D

Grievous Angel Draven said:
I might want to take back what I said about Motley Crue, after hearing this:
[youtube:2azjku1l]

I dunno, they are still pretty pathetic... and what is the purpose of that gargantuan bass drum? seems like that would get in the way a bit

god i could hit somebody with a shovel just for this stupidly sized bass drum! and the singer is riding on some baer/pig thingie... music as it should not be...

this video answers the second question in the title with a clear ´yes´...

but then again they always were...

:)

Heinrich said:
god i could hit somebody with a shovel just for this stupidly sized bass drum! and the singer is riding on some baer/pig thingie... music as it should not be...

this video answers the second question in the title with a clear ´yes´...

but then again they always were...

hahaha, I couldnt have said it better myself. I found a copy of doctor feelgood on the ground once. For shits and giggles I kept it and it played fine. when I need a good laugh I pop it in for about 30 seconds :D

ThrowgnCpr said:
when I need a good laugh I pop it in for about 30 seconds :D

i know what you mean. My Dr. Feelgood is this album:

manowarfightingtheworldly8.jpg

it´s like ´Conan the vampire slayer - the band´

hahaha, that cover art is great!! you dont even need to listen to it for a good laugh!!!

dude, manowar always had top notch cover artwork. look at that one:

kingsofmetalbo9.jpg

i remember an interview with them when this album came out. the interviewer asked them if the album title maybe was a bit arrogant. They said something like ´no, not at all. we just listened to every good metal album in the last years and decided to have their essence on one album. since we did exactly that with the album we can bear this title with pride´

or to quote the metal gods themselves:

We like it hard, we like it fast
We got the biggest amps, man they blast
True metal people wanna rock not pose
Wearin jeans and leather, not cracker jack clothes

:eek:

one last thing: they might be as embarassing as poison or motley crue but manowar would kick their asses from here to right over there cos they know how to fight with swords!!!

LOL.

and bruce can strangle you with his breast hair!

i wonder if there are action figures of him...

After drowning myself in their music for a day, I declare this band dead before they even began to gain undeserved popularity:
TokioHotel8-1.jpg

[spoiler:15wwis20]Tokio Hotel[/spoiler:15wwis20]

Personnaly I love old bands with lots of albums. Even if some are not good, I don't really care, I like to see a life time work.
Even the Queen guys that reunite with Paul Rodger these days have the right to plays their music, as long as it's really because they care about music.

Back
Top Bottom