• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What's your definative Star Wars Episode II?

FoolsFollowing

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've almost completed my Star Wars fanedit prequel trilogy.

L8wrtr's Shadow of the Sith is (almost) perfect for my Episode I. Aside from one small tweak (the final few seconds of the film) which if he doesn't fix I might have a go at changing myself, the film is about the best that the Phantom Menace is ever gonna be in my opinion.

Jumping forward to Episode III, Stancpac's "special edition" of Revenge of the Sith is a damn fine film that I can find no major problems with. However, I've also heard Kerr's edit is many people's definative version, so I will be watching that shortly. Either way I'm happy.

But that leaves somewhat of a gaping hole in my trilogy. I used to think Attack of the Phantom was a good enough Episode II (aside from the opening crawl) but upon a recent rewatch I've realised that it leaves far too much untouched. I've viewed a couple of other edits recently, but none have reached my standards. I'm looking for an edit that:

Makes Anakin a likable character (simply cutting out his whining would suffice)
Alters the opening Corruscant chase to be as realistic as possible (no 80ft CGI free-falling please!)
Keeps the romance subplot minimal and realistic
Keeps the Obi Wan subplot simple
Edits the Jango fight and cuts the asteroid chase
Keeps Anakin's mothers death but maybe cuts down his psychotic rant afterwards
Removes C3PO from the final battle
Removes R2's jetpack and as much of the droid factory scene as possible
Edits down the Jedi and Clones battle to keep it interesting (it has no characters we know in it, yet goes on for about 20 minutes)
No Yoda lightsaber!

These are my main requests and I think they're pretty much the most universal complaints about the film. But to date I haven't found a single edit that covers all these bases, meaning there is no version which doesn't contain at least one scene I think is terrible. The closest I've found so far is the Spence edit, but I dislike how the romance is handled in that. The other edits i've seen recently are...

Magnoliafan: almost no changes from theatrical cut.
l8wrtr: I adore Shadow of the Sith but disagree with a lot of changes he's made in episodes II and III; clearly we enjoy very different things in the prequels.

I tried downloading the HAL9000, ADM, and Sithlord fanedits, but none of the downloads have been working for me.

So, have you got a definative prequel trilogy, and what does it consist of? And do you have a "perfect" episode 2?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You'll be hard pressed to find an edit like that, but if it does exist, this will help you find it.

The Frink Files

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure there is such a thing as a "perfect" edit, but if you don't find what you're looking for, you could always try making it yourself; there are lots of great resources and helpful people here to get you started, if you feel so inclined :)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The perfect Ep. II?

... Star Trek XI. :p

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the Shadow of the Sith love gugliemo! I'm curious, what is the one thing you want changed at the end? While I'm not committed one way or another about revising SotS, I'm leaving it open as a possibility next year after I've had a breather from Star Wars editing. I'm always open to ideas so please let me know, even if it's only via PM.

What I'm really curious about however is how The Republic Divided doesn't meet your criteria. In reviewing your stated criteria, TDR hits almost every single point except two; cut the asteroid chase and cut the love story segments out as much as possible.

Makes Anakin a likable character (simply cutting out his whining would suffice) = done
Alters the opening Corruscant chase to be as realistic as possible (no 80ft CGI free-falling please!) = done
Keeps the romance subplot minimal and realistic = 1/2 done. Keeps it realistic, but not minimal.
Keeps the Obi Wan subplot simple = probably the simplest one save Rogue's.
Edits the Jango fight and cuts the asteroid chase = 1/2 done. Cuts the Jango fight, only slightly edits the asteroid chase
Keeps Anakin's mothers death but maybe cuts down his psychotic rant afterwards = done
Removes C3PO from the final battle = done
Removes R2's jetpack and as much of the droid factory scene as possible = done again, probably the most reduced version available + bonus: Anakin doesn't get trapped.
Edits down the Jedi and Clones battle to keep it interesting (it has no characters we know in it, yet goes on for about 20 minutes) = done
No Yoda lightsaber! = done

Again, feel free to PM me. As I am just uploading the DL files tonight, the working files are still on my system. I could entertain a one-off mod depending on your comments.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know the one problem I had with SOTS was the ending. Not that I'm against ending it with Qui-Gon's funeral it's just that (1) it'd be nice to have the music swell up so the transition from a really depressing, ominous scene to the triumphant Star Wars theme seems less jarring and (2) I'll admit, I do have a soft spot for the Disney Parade ending, but that's only because I like how the last shot of it with all the cast looking like they're part of a huge photo shoot mirror's the ending of ANH, similar to how ATOC's ending mirrors ESB, with our main guy, main girl, and our droid friends looking out into the cloudy sunset/into deep space. But, that's just me.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Give me the Palps ending over the parade ending every time, plz.

nightstalkerpoet

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I prefer to cut both. Give me the Obi-Wan/Yoda ending. The last words of the film should be "Your apprentice, Skywalker will be" :p

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^What he said.
HATE the ending of TPM. One thing that totally disappointed me with JasonN's version.

Top Bottom