• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What's everyone's most anticipated film of the year?

Most anticipated film

• Furiosa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

• Kung Fu Panda 4

• Godzilla x Kong

• The Garfield Movie

• Inside Out 2

• The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim

• Total voters
As a fan of Denis Villeneuve, and as a fan of the book, it has to be Dune: Part Two for me, especially if it's faithful to the book.

I’m looking forward to part 2, but what I’m really looking forward to is part 3.

Frankly, I am not really waiting for any movie this year.

I'm most looking forward to Dune, Part 2, and I'm pretty sure it will be good.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Deadpool 3, Alien: Romulus, and The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim, but have no idea whether any of those will be good at all. I'm also probably going to see Madame Web, Kraven the Hunter, Joker: Folie à Deux, and Venom 3 but more out of morbid curiosity than anything else.

• Dune: Part 2 - part 1 was a borefest and I am not interested in this story anymore.
  • Furiosa - trailer looked bad compared to Fury Road, I really dont think it was a good idea to make a prequel about furiosa
  • Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - dont care for that series that much but I think it just can't be worse than previous movie
  • Kung Fu Panda 4 - dont care
  • Godzilla x Kong - all Godzilla movies in this series sucked, not interested in seeing another one at all
  • The Garfield Movie - don't care
  • Inside Out 2 - no idea what it is
  • Deadpool 3 - looks like the plot may be too invested in multiverse stuff which I am sick of. Superhero fatigue also doesnt help.
  • Alien Romulus - will check it out cause it is alien, not expecting much though, anyway, voted for Alien in the poll.
  • Joker: Folie à Deux - I dont think it makes sense to make another one without Batman
  • The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim - after Amazon tv show I dont really think any further Middle Earth movie made in the times we live in will do any justice to Tolkien's writing
  • Nosferatu - didnt like this director's previous movies
But I still may check out Deadpool and Alien in theaters (not sure if Alien gets theatrical release though).
Wondering when Mortal Kombat 2 is going to be released...

A lot of these are very much unknown entities. It's hard to say whether they have potential to be good based on various reasons. Deadpool 3 is uncertain due to potential Disney interference. Alien Romulus is a franchise I love, but seems like it might be veering more towards mainstream modern horror style that I just can't stomach. Joker Folie a Deux is an unnecessary studio driven sequel and a musical to boot (do not like musicals), with the most overused clichéd character that seems to invade every single related movie or series or game... Furiosa is Mad Max but we have to focus on the girl character now... there's a lot of that going around lately and it's hard not to see it as a 'political' move yet again. I do hope I'm wrong.

I loved the first Dune movie though, and I feel like I can trust Denis Villeneuve to deliver again. It's just that sense of grandeur and the way it portrayed the depths of time and space.

I completely agree with everything that Jessica Rabbit said. I'm certainly most interested in Dune and Alien.

A lot of these are very much unknown entities. It's hard to say whether they have potential to be good based on various reasons. Deadpool 3 is uncertain due to potential Disney interference. Alien Romulus is a franchise I love, but seems like it might be veering more towards mainstream modern horror style that I just can't stomach. Joker Folie a Deux is an unnecessary studio driven sequel and a musical to boot (do not like musicals), with the most overused clichéd character that seems to invade every single related movie or series or game... Furiosa is Mad Max but we have to focus on the girl character now... there's a lot of that going around lately and it's hard not to see it as a 'political' move yet again. I do hope I'm wrong.

I loved the first Dune movie though, and I feel like I can trust Denis Villeneuve to deliver again. It's just that sense of grandeur and the way it portrayed the depths of time and space.

Agree with a lot of this. A lot of movies this year feel like a gamble for moviegoers with the exception of Dune Part Two which I picked. I guess what's bothering me most is the neverending efforts to throw sequels to franchises that probably don't need one. Do we need a fourth Planet of the Apes prequel after the third one ended well enough? Or another Lord of the Rings movie? Or even another Kung Fu Panda? Sheesh.

Definitely looking forward to Dune and Alien but Nosferatu easily seals the deal for me👌

Back
Top Bottom