• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

What's an edit you'd like to make, but one small setback keeps you from doing it?

Marvelrocks616

Reaction score
Trophy Points
To better explain what I mean, I'll give an example. Say you wanted to make an edit where you change a particular plot element. You need to take one line from a particular actor (from another film), but you can't seem to extract that line without the soundtrack bleeding through. Without that line, the edit doesn't work. Have you ever come across this type of situation while editing?

If that's the exact issue you have, you can try the AI voice removal site. It tends to give pretty good results.

As for myself, I would do a book cut of The Neverending Story if I could come up with a way to have the sphinxes scene play like in the book (the movie version misses the point big time). Without that change, it'd be pointless to make since it'd be just a matter of cutting out bookends.

If that's the exact issue you have, you can try the AI voice removal site. It tends to give pretty good results.
I haven't had this issue myself; just an example, thank you though! Great answer btw, exactly the kind of thing I'm curious about!

That example with extracting dialogue is a little outdated now ;)

That being said, I wanted to do certain edit and needed some youtube videos with greenscreen animations for it.
But when I wanted to download these animations couple of days ago, I've found out they were all deleted from YT :/
Not sure if I will try it without them.

That being said, I wanted to do certain edit and needed some youtube videos with greenscreen animations for it.
I just did something similar with an Ant-Man edit I was working on!

Also, fair point on the audio example; it was the best thing I could come up with at the moment lol.

This is normally what knee-caps me when editing. I do a lot of sculpting and other stuff, so I'll hit a small roadblock video editing and just do something else instead. The edit on my mind is a much more demanding job than anything I've done previous, so there's hundreds of setbacks ahead ha.

Oddly, seperating 7.1 audio tracks got me this last time. I've gone through all the advice I could find here, but for some reason I couldn't sort it.

Oddly, seperating 7.1 audio tracks got me this last time. I've gone through all the advice I could find here, but for some reason I couldn't sort it.
Audacity can sort 7.1 audio and allows you to create individual WAV files.

I delayed my Superman edits for years coz I couldn’t replicate the opening credits style… not an audio issue HOWEVER, I did have a dialogue issue in the edits for which I needed Jo El to speak words on screen which were not delivered as in the final edit… here us a comparison…

I've been looking for an abridged version of The Walking Dead because I don't want to watch the whole thing since people say its really slow so I was thinking about doing it myself but that would require watching the whole thing in its original state

I've been looking for an abridged version of The Walking Dead because I don't want to watch the whole thing since people say its really slow so I was thinking about doing it myself but that would require watching the whole thing in its original state

Obviously it's best to edit things you're familiar with, but another tactic is to use the wiki for popular shows. They're often comprehensive, so if you know the main characters you can determine the important episodes in their plot arc from the wiki and then figure out what other stuff you want to include along the way. I did that with The Mentalist (which has like 150 episodes) - I'd seen it before so I knew the characters and the show, but I used the wiki to map out when each character was introduced and the key episodes of their plot, then I reskimmed the show to find other enjoyable filler episodes that I wanted to keep.

Plus if you do it that way you can immediately review your creation with essentially fresh eyes, not having just watched the entire series in detail, and it's a lot easier to spot any plot holes you may have left in your initial rough cut.

I’ve had an edit idea that involves a crossover between two different characters from two different but similar franchises. I’ve see this insanely cool videos where people can take all sorts of movie characters and place them in a scene like the Avengers assembling to fight Thanos, but I have no idea how to just crop a background out to place a character on screen with a different character. Rotoscoping, masking, no matter how much I try it doesn’t seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom