• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What to do AFTER you've isolated a dialogue/voice over track?

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I have been playing around with DVD Audio Extractor and seeing if I can isolate some dialogue for a trailer I'm putting together. I separated the 5.0 surround sound audio in separate channels and fortunately one of the channels has the audio of the dialogue with barely noticeable background noise. I may try using Audacity to filter the last bit of noise. Anyway, since the dialogue is just one channel of the audio, I am left with a tinny hollow sound. Is there anyway to remedy this? Since all I want is the dialogue isolated I'm assuming there is no point in trying to recreate the surround sound audio. The only solution i am thinking of is making it stereo but I don't know how to go about doing that.

I am a complete noob when it come to audio editing so please forgive me if my assumptions are totally wrong! :-o

You could try using eq (i havent used audacity in awhile so i cant remember if it has an eq) to make the voices a bit more natural (Take out some of the hih end and boost the mids maybe). Maybe add a bit of stereo reverb, or even a little bit of chorus (very little would be needed) to add back some depth to the voice (probably should be done after eq)
Hope this helps in some way :)

Graphic Equalizer and Reverb effects will help here. You'll just have to play around to get the sound you want. For Equalizing, I would probably bring down the midrange significantly and boost the bass a bit to get rid of the tinny sounds. There may also be some presets in the reverb to help.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I will try it out and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom