• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What part of editing do you like least?

WhillsConsortium

Reaction score
Trophy Points
To me exporting is a huge pain. Having to wait a long time only to find out you made a small mistake somewhere or something didn't render correctly.
Also, rotoscoping is such a pain.
I don't really mind audio editing, I kinda like it.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To me exporting is a huge pain. Having to wait a long time only to find out you made a small mistake somewhere or something didn't render correctly.

That's why I am exporting in high bitrate MPEG-2 (as 30-40 GB file) - if there's an error, I can fix it, export again only the needed part, re-edit it in Womble and export from it without any re-encoding in few minutes.

WhillsConsortium

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's why I am exporting in high bitrate MPEG-2 (as 30-40 GB file) - if there's an error, I can fix it, export again only the needed part, re-edit it in Womble and export from it without any re-encoding in few minutes.
This is brilliant. I had never heard of Womble before, but that seems like a very efficient process.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Womble Mpeg Video Wizard is quite old software, the one I've made my first fanedits with, back in 2009. But it allows to frame accurate editing and exporting MPEG2 coded files without re-encoding, so even if I use Vegas more often nowadays, I still use Womble for fixing little errors which saves a LOT of time.

Eyepainter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love editing in general, but if I have to pick one thing I don't enjoy, it's when I'm recording stuff. I learned this when I started doing my first commentary track for Episode I, and it hasn't improved since then. I'd much rather cut things up, rearrange stuff, color grade shots, throw in some audio cross-dissolves, and even export the file than record audio.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love editing in general, but if I have to pick one thing I don't enjoy, it's when I'm recording stuff. I learned this when I started doing my first commentary track for Episode I, and it hasn't improved since then. I'd much rather cut things up, rearrange stuff, color grade shots, throw in some audio cross-dissolves, and even export the file than record audio.
Which is why I do text commentaries..

Top Bottom