• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What movies have a lot of deleted scenes?

jrWHAG42 said:
I just watched Jacob's Ladder, and after reading the Wikipedia page, I found out that 20 minutes were cut. I know that the DVD includes some deleted scenes, but I don't own the DVD so I don't know if it has all of them. Regardless, I would love to see an extended version of it.

I tried this once, years ago. IIRC, the 20 minutes are 3 very long scenes in poor quality. One of them is an alternate ending minus the SFX and one was an extended scene. It wasn't really doable.

Adabisi said:
jrWHAG42 said:
I just watched Jacob's Ladder, and after reading the Wikipedia page, I found out that 20 minutes were cut. I know that the DVD includes some deleted scenes, but I don't own the DVD so I don't know if it has all of them. Regardless, I would love to see an extended version of it.

I tried this once, years ago. IIRC, the 20 minutes are 3 very long scenes in poor quality. One of them is an alternate ending minus the SFX and one was an extended scene. It wasn't really doable.

Honestly, I wouldn't care what quality they're in, I'd still want to see it.

jrWHAG42 said:
Adabisi said:
jrWHAG42 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't care what quality they're in, I'd still want to see it.

The DVD can't be that hard to find and you could edit them in pretty easily. It's only 3 scenes. Here they are with the director's commentary.

Warcraft has about 14 minutes of deleted scenes, with some of them having unfinished CGI. And rumors are that the original cut of the movie was 2h 40 min long but the movie got hit by the studios and suffered "death by a thousand cuts" according to the director. Also, there was a leaked preview footage shown at comic con which had lots of shots that didn't make it into the final film. But since it was a leaked video, there's no way any of that can ever be edited in the film unless officially released. And Master and Commander has about 25 minutes of proper deleted scenes too.

This is spinal tap has about an hour's worth of deleted scenes on the blu-ray, and even more in the unofficially released workprint. Unfortunately, their in a different aspect ratio and have not been properly restored (there are quite a few scratches on the footage).

I don't care about quality differences and mismatched aspect ratios, I'd love an extended edition of any movie in any state. I know it has to meet certain requirements to go on the ifdb, but eh

TVs Frink said:
jrWHAG42 said:
I'd love an extended edition of any movie in any state.

Even Idaho?

Depends, how far away is Idaho from Massachusetts? I don't drive, but if it's not far, I could force someone to drive me.

ChainsawAsh said:
Bobson Dugnutt said:
The Incredible Hulk has about 40 minutes of deleted stuff that got put back into Tomahawk's EE,

I've been meaning to hunt down that edit, but were there more TIH deleted scenes included on the Phase One box set like most of the other films? Were these incorporated into Tomahawk's EE, or are they even worth incorporating if they exist?

There isn't anything for Hulk in the boxset, the Blu-Ray covers just about everything there is to cover. Captain America is the same with the only 4 scenes being on the BR. Here's a list of the deleted stuff on that disc for Phase 1:

Iron Man
- Champions (4:07)

Iron Man 2
- Ivan's Workshop (0:57)
- Tony and Pepper Address the Press (5:12)
- Stark Expo WHIH News Report (0:18)
- Whiplash Attacks Pepper at the Expo (3:18)

Thor
- Going to Jotunheim (1:47)
- Asgardians in Puente Antiguo (1:35)
- Alternate Ending: Smith Motors (1:39)

The Avengers
- Barton and Loki Escape (0:24)
- The Other and Loki (Extended Scene) (1:21)
- Natasha Hides from The Hulk (0:27)
- Cap Saves Family (0:57)
- The Other Tells Loki to Lead (1:11)
- Thor Attacks the Tesseract (0:12)
- The Cop and the Waitress Story Arc (4:15)

All of the usable Avengers footage was used in SamSpider3's own Extended Edition, well all 2 scenes anyway (Barton and Loki Escape and the Cop/Waitress Arc). Maybe I'll get around to a workprint one day after AOU.

Peter Jackson's King Kong has like 40 minutes of deleted scenes I believe. Some with different alternative takes.

[font=Raleway,Sans-Serif]Without a paddle (2004) has a bunch of deleted scenes. [/font]

I wonder if someone could make Without a Paddle funny with all those scenes?

Fury has something like 50 minutes of deleted material. That's on my list to work on eventually, once I knock out a few other projects.

[size=small][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif][font=Raleway,Sans-Serif]Without a Paddle [/font][/font][/size][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]'s deleted scenes are quite emotional actually.[/font]

Batman Forever has entire subplots (and a different colour grade, for that matter) thrown out.  Unfortunately, not all deleted scenes have been released, but out of the key ones, there are the alternate prologue (on DVD) and the Batcave scene (also on DVD), I’d say the alternate finale is missing: a reference to the first two Batman movies by Burton which has been shot but never released.  Aargh!

TinyBreadMouse said:
Fury any good?

Fury was incredible. It's emotional, the action is visceral, and Brad Pitt gives an outstanding performance. David Ayer (director) even got an emotional and believable performance out of Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf, of all people. One of my all time favorite war films (although nothing comes close to Saving Private Ryan). Any time somebody claims David Ayer carries all the blame for Suicide Squad being bad, I tell them to watch Fury.

Back
Top Bottom