• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2021: and the WINNERS are...! here Congratulations!

What is everybody reading?

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FYI Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons overlap in time.

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I forgot about the time overlap and character split, dang. Very Lord of the Ringsy of ol' GRRM

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Currently reading Merian C. Cooper's KING KONG and Kong of Skull Island after hearing of the new D+ show.

And also Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology for research for a film idea of mine

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
FYI Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons overlap in time.
Yes, I know that now. I really wish I’d known that before starting A Feast for Crows as I would’ve used this chapter order and read them simultaneously. I’ll definitely do so if I ever re-read.

Edit: I checked out the order you linked which is a bit more straightforward (ie doesn’t bounce around within the respective books). Having not read the books already I’m not sure how much the additional shuffling in the order I linked helps. I’m already to The Reaver chapter in Crows but I’m going to stop there and read Dragons up to where the combined order meets The Reaver chapter in Crows. At least I’ll get the last third in a combined fashion.

Last edited:

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen several different reading orders. I think this one I linked to is the one I used because it keeps a couple of reveals in flashbacks later in the books from being spoiled by a truly chronological reading.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen several different reading orders. I think this one I linked to is the one I used because it keeps a couple of reveals in flashbacks later in the books from being spoiled by a truly chronological reading.
The one you linked looks to be chronological (or at least book order). But I could be wrong. The one I linked definitely mixes up the book order.

summerz

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished The Hero and the Crown, by Robin McKinley and as it stands, I'd have to go 4/5 stars.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Incal-moebius-jodorowsky.jpg

At last, I got round to starting and finishing 'The Incal', inspired by the movie announcement last year. I didn't understand a word of it :LOL: but Moebius' artwork is beautiful, the characters are fun and endearing and the concepts and weird future civilisations are fascinating. Also you're left with the feeling that it all made perfect, logical sense to Jodorowsky, if only the reader could ascend to the same spiritual and intellectual plain... or maybe it's just random stuff about naked ladies riding giant mutated mice over garbage wastes, our hero having sex with a sentient pool of slime in order to father a race of 78-billion identical clones and our rag-tag band of adventurers assembling an army of galactic jellyfish, to combat vast black space eggs. Erm, so the Incal is like crystalline space Jesus?

Now to tackle 'Before The Incal' and 'Final Incal'. Maybe it'll make more sense, when I've read all three (or more likely less sense).

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally finished A Feast for Crows in the Song of Ice and Fire. After realizing midway through that the novel mirrored the timeline of A Dance With Dragons, I went back and forth between the two novels using this order. It’s definitely the way to go anyone reading these books. It has left me about 1/8th of the way through the second volume of A Dance with Dragons, aptly subtitled “After the Feast.” I’ll probably finish that up in the next week or so and join the throngs awaiting The Winds of Winter.

Top Bottom