• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What have you been playing recently?

chyron8472

Reaction score
Trophy Points
chyron8472 said:
I'm currently playing Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition for Nintendo Switch.

It's a great game. TONS of unlockables. I'm currently working on the Termina Map, trying to get Ganondorf's Lvl 4 Trident weapon.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Playing through Paper Mario Color Splash. It's a mixed bag. On one hand the story is pretty good in a charming paper Mario type way. The dialogue is GREAT and the humor is fantastic. This might be the funniest paper Mario yet and that's saying something. And the overworld and platforming/not battling/exploratory aspects of the game are great and walking through the fun story is nice. However, and I think I'm in the majority on this, I sorely wish it was running on a battle system more similar to the Thousand Year Door  . Why they went with a continuation of the sticker star system that everyone hated is beyond me, even if it was improved. Also the characters have pretty much all been reduced to generic toads and koopas. And of course the Koopa kids are here. Eye roll. What happened to the interesting characters of the first three games?

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
RuneScape has third party plugins that have just released awesome new GPU rendering features, which have improved my performance considerably, as well as increased the draw distance.  Looks amazing (comparatively), and has brought me right back into it.

Dr6LEKgVsAAgTqM.jpg:large

Dr6Ms1HX4AAzZBM.jpg:large

Dr6M0GOWsAEKRoG.jpg:large

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lately I've been playing Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, though I had to return it to the library, and when I went to check it out again, I accidentally grabbed the wrong Sword Art Online game.

Meanwhile, on the weekends I've been slowly playing through A Link to the Past with my father, we previously played all the way through Zelda 2.
Neither of us had really gotten into a Zelda game and had fun with it, except for Minish Cap (but our save file got deleted). After he played through Breath of the Wild, he wanted to give the other Zelda games another chance. We both decided to skip Zelda 1, because we both already knew that we didn't enjoy it from a previous experience. But due to Projared, we ended up checking out Zelda 2 and were pleasantly surprised.
Now we're planning on playing through all the games. I'm not sure if we're going to play Link's Awakening next, or play Ocarina of Time. Regardless, we're going through A Link to the Past right now.

Meanwhile, for around a year, I've been playing through the original Final Fantasy (psp version) as all white mages. Taking multi month long breaks, I'm not close to finishing it.

Meanwhile, I've been playing Megaman 11. Just beat the last robot master yesterday, I need to find time to beat the Wily stages. God, I love Megaman.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Ocarina of Time is wonderful.

When I was younger, I'd watch my stepfather play Ocarina of Time. It seemed wonderful then, but back then I was more interested in watching games than playing them. I wasn't good at games, and that one especially intimidated me. But it seemed so cool. In the stretch of time between then and earlier this year, when I've attempted but never got into many Zelda games, I tried Ocarina of Time a few times, and enjoyed it then (but it still intimidated me and scared me). Since then, I watched Egoraptor's video on it, and seeing him tear it apart, talk about how awful it is compared to Link to the Past, made me lose all interest in Ocarina. Now though, I so badly want to play through it.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Neglify said:

When I was younger, I'd watch my stepfather play Ocarina of Time. It seemed wonderful then, but back then I was more interested in watching games than playing them. I wasn't good at games, and that one especially intimidated me. But it seemed so cool. In the stretch of time between then and earlier this year, when I've attempted but never got into many Zelda games, I tried Ocarina of Time a few times, and enjoyed it then (but it still intimidated me and scared me). Since then, I watched Egoraptor's video on it, and seeing him tear it apart, talk about how awful it is compared to Link to the Past, made me lose all interest in Ocarina. Now though, I so badly want to play through it.

Both are great games and should be played. But I’d go with Link’s Awakening first. Such a beautiful game despite the limitations of the Game Boy.

As for Ocarina after that, I’d recommend the 3DS version. That’s the one I played and it’s much better than the original. Unless you have a lot of nostalgia for the N64 version.

This goes for Majora 3D too but a lot of people don’t like that version, so it’s worth evaluating. For example there is a video called “Is Majora’s Mask 3D a Bad Remake” and though I don’t agree with it, the video makes a lot of good points. The same guy who made the video is also working on an HD mod of the N64 version so that’s worth checking out too.

I’ve personally been on a Zelda marathon for a while. I haven’t played them before. I started with A Link to the Past. Next, I moved on to Link’s Awakening DX. Then I played Ocarina of Time 3D & Majora’s Mask 3D. Now I’m playing Twilight Princess HD. I love them all so much that I’m writing a film adapation of Ocarina of Time!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
jrWHAG42 said:
Neglify said:

Both are great games and should be played. But I’d go with Link’s Awakening first. Such a beautiful game despite the limitations of the Game Boy.

As for Ocarina after that, I’d recommend the 3DS version. That’s the one I played and it’s much better than the original. Unless you have a lot of nostalgia for the N64 version.

This goes for Majora 3D too but a lot of people don’t like that version, so it’s worth evaluating. For example there is a video called “Is Majora’s Mask 3D a Bad Remake” and though I don’t agree with it, the video makes a lot of good points. The same guy who made the video is also working on an HD mod of the N64 version so that’s worth checking out too.

I’ve personally been on a Zelda marathon for a while. I haven’t played them before. I started with A Link to the Past. Next, I moved on to Link’s Awakening DX. Then I played Ocarina of Time 3D & Majora’s Mask 3D. Now I’m playing Twilight Princess HD. I love them all so much that I’m writing a film adapation of Ocarina of Time!

I actually own Majora's Mask 3D. The only problem with the 3ds games is that I'll be playing through the games with someone, and it's less convenient for them to watch and to take turns on such a small device. Plus I don't own Ocarina of Time 3D where I do own the N64 version of both. But thank you for you for your input! I will definitely check out Link's Awakening. In that case, I'll probably just stick to release order for the rest of them. 

Good luck with your film adaptation! Have you seen any of the Zelda fan films out there? They're not great for the most part... But there haven't been many in recent years, when making a good fan film is easier than ever it seems. Are you just writing the script,  or do you plan to actually film it and everything in the future?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Good luck with your film adaptation! Have you seen any of the Zelda fan films out there? They're not great for the most part... But there haven't been many in recent years, when making a good fan film is easier than ever it seems. Are you just writing the script,  or do you plan to actually film it and everything in the future?

It's a dream of mine to become a renowned and praised filmmaker, and one of my hopes is to get to direct and release Zelda movies. I want to follow the path Peter Jackson took for Lord of the Rings. He wrote it along with Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, then, pitched it to several big movie studios until New Line then shot the movie in his home country. In this case I would say the beautiful landscapes and natural beauty of Turkey would be a perfect fit for a fantasy world like Hyrule. The earlier I start, the more improvements I can make until I get to do it and the better the film would be for it. So I started writing now.

I don't know, it's a stupid dream that probably won't happen. I'm lazy so what are the chances of becoming a big director?

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not playing one of the highest regarded games of all time because a YouTube video said they didn't like it is beyond silly. I've seen the video actually and it's reaching to say the least. But his videos aren't really meant to be taken seriously anyway so...?

Just play it. It's a wonderful game.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ocarina of Time is the only Zelda game I've beaten. Played many, and they are fun, but in my youth I preferred Squaresoft RPGs and in my adulthood I either don't have time to sit down and play or I have time once and then get interrupted and forget or don't have a chance to return. Somewhere in between whenever I had time to play games I always went for something else. I don't know why. 

But Ocarina brings back some good memories.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Not playing one of the highest regarded games of all time because a YouTube video said they didn't like it is beyond silly. I've seen the video actually and it's reaching to say the least. But his videos aren't really meant to be taken seriously anyway so...?

Just play it. It's a wonderful game.

My opinions are easily influenced, I'm starting to get better about it.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Playing video games with your father?  Mine can barely turn on a computer without my own intervention!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Playing video games with your father?  Mine can barely turn on a computer without my own intervention!

My father is a product of the 80s, and has never stopped playing games. Even my grandmother plays games (mainly Mario Party, Mario Kart 64, Doctor Mario, and Sonic). My family tends to have children while younger than most others. So yeah. I guess I'm lucky to have a family close enough in age to be relatable and whatnot.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mario party is that good good. 3 or four friends with the Nintendo 64 trilogy and some alcohol is an absolute blast.

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A few days ago I finished Detroit: Become Human, It's bloody fantastic!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Mario party is that good good. 3 or four friends with the Nintendo 64 trilogy and some alcohol is an absolute blast.

Do you know anyone who has 3? It's the best one, but it's super expensive nowadays last I checked. I only ever play it when my uncle comes to visit. 1 and 2 though, I gots those, thems are nice (and yes, I only now saw this post).

Junglist Paja said:

I acquired this game last month and played a bit of it, I love it, but I need to find time to play it more. 
Robot characters are my favorite things ever.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have 3.  Lol I play it with my friends when we have a chance

Crimson713

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been playing too many games at once.

I'm in the second chapter of Red Dead Redemption II, about halfway through Rise of the Tomb Raider, and I've started We Happy Few, The Evil Within 2, Uncharted 4, God of War, and Spider-Man. On top of that, I've been revisiting Borderlands 2 to play with a buddy of mine from college, and I still haven't beaten Fallout 4 or The Witcher III on my PC. It's gotten bad enough that my wife and I agreed to pare it down to two games each and one that we play together, so I'll be chewing my way through Red Dead and Rise until I beat them, she's playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy (she gets first dibs on Tomb Raider like I get first dibs on DOOM), and we're playing We Happy Few together. Maybe we'll complete a game at some point in 2019.

Junglist Paja said:

If you haven't seen it already, Quantic Dream released a collection for PS4 that includes Detroit as well as their PS3 games ported to the PS4, Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. If you haven't played either of those, they're both incredible, although Beyond isn't as good as Heavy Rain or Detroit, IMO. Similar style and excellent storytelling. My wife and I traded Detroit at GameStop and got around $15 for it (with an elite pro membership because I chugged the Kool-Aid), and the bundle was $40, so not a bad deal overall to get the other two games. I guess we can add those to the list of stuff we need to play now, too...

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've played both Heavy rain & Beyond, Really great games :)

I wished that the PS4 Edition of Heavy rain included The Taxidermist DLC.

Top Bottom