• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What have you been playing recently?

Been trying to find a copy of God of War I and II that'll play on a PS2 slim. Which the PS2 I have, won't play them. :(

Why wont they play? and is there more than one edition for PS2?
I know of the original releases of each game and then the PS3 reissue bundle of GOW1 and 2 on a single disc w/ remastered in HD graphics.

I have a copy of each game for sale at my store (I run a used record store that also sells games) bu I dont own a PS2 slim to test them out on.

On topic - Battlefield Bad Co 2 Vietnam is totally rad. Flamethrower is just epic.

I thought a PS2 slim would handle them, when the first one came out, it was one of the few games fat ps2's had trouble playing because of the dual layer.

iif you have a ps3 then the 1&2 double pack is the best option to go by, I finished them recently (played all three back to back) and even though I found 3 inevtably had the best graphics, sometimes it was too dark or too detailed to see what was happening on screen.

thats odd that 2 ps2 games would have trouble playing on a ps2, especially the 2 that are from arguably one of the most popular francises on the console.

the 2 I have in the store were actually mine. I sold them because I upgraded to the PS3 version a while ago. I havent played 3 yet because I can never finish 2. I have started it twice now and both times I put it down and forgot about it. I like the game but am much more of a FPS and adventure game fan and am always lured away by the newer shinyer games. Hell, I havent finished many of the newer games that have released as I am either too busy or get something new and play that instead.

all unfinished:
FEAR2
Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil 4
Call of Duty Black Ops
Mass Effect 2
Split Second
Metal Gear Peace Walker
Zelda Wii
Batman AA
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Allen Wake
GTA 4
God of War's

etc etc etc... I guess I am more of an online gamer and just would rather battle online now.

Dead Space 2 I will certainly play through - I am super excited for that one. Theres a demo up on XBL and PSN which is just awesome.

Finally joined the current Next-Gen consoles with getting a Nintendo Wii for X-mas yesterday :D - already went and picked up Zelda: Twilight Princess, Klonoa, Super Paper Mario, and Super Mario Galaxy 2, in addition to putting in online orders for Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Colors, and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Been playing the first episode in the Back to the Future series. So far I'm really enjoying it.

thunderclap said:
Been playing the first episode in the Back to the Future series. So far I'm really enjoying it.

+1

Got: Red Dead Redemption, Quantum of Solace and Metro 2033 for xmas. awesome!

well it's not surprising that they don't play. cause it's my fiancee's little brother's ps2 i'm borrowing, and he doesn't treat his system very well. those aren't the first games i had problem playing on that system either, cause evil dead regeneration was having problems as well.

just means i'm saving up moolah for a refurbished ps2 from gamestop. (not one of the slims, i'd rather have the original kind when it was first released)

also trying to find some good pc fps that would allow for mindless entertainment.

steelio2006 said:
also trying to find some good pc fps that would allow for mindless entertainment.

Portal is excellent and very reasonable in price. If you haven't played it definitely pick it up. I'm really excited for Portal 2 in another month.

thanks. i'll have to see what i can do and probably will give it a shot. have you played the original Half-Life, HL2, or Doom 3?

steelio2006 said:
thanks. i'll have to see what i can do and probably will give it a shot. have you played the original Half-Life, HL2, or Doom 3?

The HL games are a lot of fun. Doom 3 became very repetitive, and felt as if you were being led along by a leash.

i'm trying to find one that i'll like. but won't get too scared by. tho, F.E.A.R. was pretty good.

I played Chronicles of Riddick back when I had my Xbox. It is probably one of the few games that go in my Hall of Fame of Games I've Completed.

riddick is great, game was better than the films and I am one of the few who loved both movies. its gotta be one of the few movie based games that is really well done and can stand on its own.

in other news, the crysis 2 demo is just amazing. I never played the original but I am buying this game on day one!

bulletstorm demo is also alot of fun, think a first person gears of war with an emphasis on score like the arcade games of yesteryear. I can see myself having alot of fun with this game as well.

just got dead space 2, cant wait to tear into that when i find the time.

new maps for black ops drop on feb 1st and killzone 3 comes out in a few weeks

its like great game overload this winter/spring...I need more hours in the day

Absolutely loving Super Mario Galaxy 2 at the moment - it's the first 3D Mario title that I've played since Super Mario 64 (never tried Sunshine on the Gamecube) and I'm really enjoying how the creators integrated the classic Mario gameplay with true three-dimensional worlds and planets (plus the Wii controls were easy to pick up and learn).

Additionally, I borrowed a friend's PS3 and his copy of Final Fantasy XIII, which I've been very curious about, but also very nervous based on all the previous reviews that I've come across. So, as someone who's been a fan of Square and the Final Fantasy franchise for over a decade and half, what do I think of this game after playing it for 15 hours?
.... It's awful... no, scratch that, it's f*cking AWFUL. :mad: :p

I'm playing Mass Effect 2 which I've played before on the 360, but I'd never gone on XBL, so now I have the PS3 version and I've got all the DLC and I feel like I'm playing a director's cut, I have Zaeed and I'll soon have Kasumi in my Party.

While the in-game comic does overlook some of the lesser choices from ME1, I think it's adequate enough for first time introductees to the series.

Back
Top Bottom